( T E M P O Z A N )

After-globe

Tempozan Ferris Wheel is the tallest Ferris Wheel in the world. It was located right next to Osaka Kaiyukan Aquarium and Kai shook his head in amazement when he saw how tall the Ferris Wheel was.

Before they entered the Ferris Wheel, the staff asked them to pose in front of a small farewell gate with flowers decorating it. They gladly did as they were told.

Can you please hold the girl?” The photographer asked with a naughty smile on his face.

What?” Kai asked confusedly while Krystal blinked a few times.

Hold her, like this.” The photographer who turned out to be a fluent in English explained while holding his other friend close.

“Ehh? Eh-, but…” Kai was loss at words but then Krystal guided his hand to wrap around her.

Good! Okay, one-, two-, three!”

Snap!

A photo was taken, and Krystal escaped from Kai’s hold easily. She grabbed the other’s wrist then guided him to enter the passenger cars and sat there.

“Woah!” Krystal gasped as she looked around. “It’s totally transparent! And it was built just right by the sea!”

Kai sat in front of Krystal, also looked around. “You are right, it’s pretty.”

The Ferris wheel started to rotate slowly, bringing Kai and Krystal up to see the view from the top.

“Woah, it’s really high…” Krystal murmured as she looked out of the window.

On their right, there was a beautiful view of Osaka’s landscape. They could clearly see every corner of Osaka from behind the Ferris Wheel glass, enjoying it with their own eyes.

“Heard that this has surpassed London Eye’s height.” Krystal said without looking away from the window. “It’s so… tall, indeed.”

Kai just hummed. His eyes were locked on Krystal’s sight. The way she looked out of window with a pretty smile on her face.

It was just like… Irene.

Kai looked away and tried to neutralize his mind. He had escaped far from Seoul. He had come far to Japan, even lost in the middle of Osaka to forget her.

He had tried very hard to… but when he came across every experience that he had ever done with Irene before, the memories were also back. And they hurt him so much.

He shouldn’t have ridden this Ferris Wheel. He should’ve just spent his time with the bubblegum girl somewhere else.

He shouldn’t have been there.

Kai fisted his hands on the top of his lap. He wished the ride could end up quickly. He should get away from that ride. He hates that ride.

Kai bit his lower lip and looked at his hands. He didn’t want to look somewhere else. This situation, was so much like his and Irene’s last year.

He didn’t want to remember it. He chose to ignore it.

“Kai? What’s wrong?”

Krystal’s voice tore Kai away from his daydream, and he looked up to see Krystal’s face.

“You spaced out again.” Krystal said softly. “What’s wrong?”

“Uh…?” Kai hesitated for a while before shook his head. “Nothing. Sorry. I was-, un…”

“-are you by any chance, afraid of height?”

Kai frowned when he heard Krystal’s guess. “No! No, I’m not! No!”

“Then why don’t you look outside like what I do?” Krystal asked flatly.

“I could do it!” Kai said while turning his head to look out of the window. “See? I am looking down!”

“You don’t have to force yourself, you know…” Krystal chuckled then leaned away. “So, what have you been thinking?”

Kai pursed his lips, then sighed. “…nothing. Sorry, I was just… missing home I guess.”

Krystal looked at Kai in disbelief, before smiled. “Really? Such a sweet momma boy.”

Kai turned to glare at Krystal, but he couldn’t find any other reason other than that.

“You are coming home in days, anyway.” Krystal smiled. “Relax, throw all the heavy burdens you’ve been thinking about and enjoy this ride. It’s such a shame to skip this view just because something else disturb you, isn’t it?”

Kai glanced at Krystal, before looking out of the window. “…sorry.”

“I don’t buy the reason that you told me before as the cause behind your behavior today. I know it might be something else. Something big that I shall not know.”  Krystal started. “But when something keep on bothering my mind, my mom teaches me to sing it away.”

Kai turned back to look at Krystal in confusion, but at that time the girl had opened and started to sing.

 

 

Every dream that I have is about you
I don't wanna wake up
Baby I'll lean onto you when I have to
And I can't get enough

 

 

It’s Jessica Jung’s song, from her very last album with the title of Falling Crazy In Love. Kai recognized the sweet lyric, and he swore it became a lot sweeter with Krystal’s voice danced around in the air.

 

When I hear your voice
Then my heart don't have a choice
But to give in, give it all or surrender
Give you all of my love

 

Krystal threw her gaze out of the window and kept her eyes on the Osaka’s view. Every notes and melody flew out from gracefully, and Kai swore it’s the prettiest voice he had ever heard all his life.

 

Baby tell me what to do
You have always been in my heart from the start
You are the one, you are the one

 

Krystal’s voice was slightly similar to Jessica’s. They both have that unique voices that could stuck in people’s mind on repeat, one of the reason why Kai spent all his pocket money to buy the solo singer’s album last time.

Watching Krystal sang like that was truly a blessing for Kai. He never thought he would be able to hear the girl sing a longer line than what she did yesterday.

Hearing her voice now, Kai felt as if he heard a singing angel.

 

 

There's something about the way that you smile
Something about the way you hold me
I'm falling babe, I'm falling for you
Falling crazy in love

 

 

It’s the reff of the song, Kai’s favorite part. He found it hard to take his eyes off Krystal’s singing figure. He was enchanted and drawn onto her, and he swore he could feel his heartbeat fastened and his strength melted away like a heated butter.

Krystal finally turned her head and stared straight dead into Kai’s. Her lips curved into a sweet grin without stopping the melodies out from his mouth.

 

 

Something about how I'm feeling inside
I can't forget the day you told me, I’m falling babe. I’m falling for you..

 

 

 

Kai’s brain stopped functioning when those lyrics hit him straight on his head. He could feel butterflies flew all around his stomach. His heartbeat fastened even faster if it was possible, especially when Krystal sung the last part with such a deep, comforting and beautiful melody.

 

 

Falling crazy in love…

 

 

Krystal ended the song with a big satisfied smile on her face. “That’s one of my favorite song from Jessica Jung.”

Kai found himself got pulled out of reality once he realized that Krystal had finished singing. He blinked a few times before let out a groggy “oh” and nodded.

“You can sing too, if you want to.” Krystal said. “Like what I’ve said, singing could lighten up our mood drastically. If you are still feeling down, you can sing now. All the way you want. Any song that you like.”

“I can’t!” Kai shook his head in disapproval. He looked away as tinted blush appeared on his bronze skin.

Krystal frowned before lightly smacked Kai’s thigh. “Pretend that I’m not here, sing all the way you want!”

“No, no. That’s just… not how I lighten up my mood.” Kai mumbled.

“Then? What do you do?” Krystal asked both in displeased and curiosity.

“I dance.”

Krystal fell into silence. She just remembered that Kai once told him that he’s a dancer. Well, dancers and singers do have difference on their own way lighting up the mood.

“Well… but you can’t dance here, though…?” Krystal said while looking around the small passenger car.

Kai chuckled. “Of course I wouldn’t do it here, silly.”

Krystal just gave him a look.

“Besides, I already feel better. Thanks to your singing.” Kai said shyly as he scratched the back of his head.

“Really? Ah, I do have a healing voice after all.” Krystal laughed. She sighed happily and took both her phone and pollaroid camera out.

Kai watched as the girl took some pictures with her phone before changing to her polaroid camera.

“Take my photo,” Krystal asked as she handed the camera to Kai and let the other took the picture.

When Kai handed it back, Krystal turned the camera toward Kai’s direction and snapped his picture.

“I don’t ask to be photographed.” Kai protested. “Besides, you already have my photographs. What are you collecting them for?”

“I will give it to you before we separated since you never take any picture of yourself.” Krystal replied as she took the result of the camera. “Hmm… pretty good.”

“Liar~” Kai shook his head. “You take my pictures because you are secretly idolize me, right?”

Krystal snapped her head toward Kai and widened those sparkling eyes. “What??”

“I know I am handsome but you are just too much… Should I give you my sign?” Kai chuckled.

“Ahahaahaha, very funny!” Krystal laughed sarcastically. “I am not idolizing someone who’s afraid of the height.”

“I am not afraid of height!” Kai palmed his face in despair. “I said, I was just tired and-,”

“Okay, okay.” Krystal cut him and pointed outside the car. “Sunset.”

Kai turned his head to follow the other’s direction and found a breathtaking view of red-orangish sky greeted them. The sun who’s ready to leave peeked slightly beneath the ocean, as if bidding them one last goodbye and ask not worry about it too much since it would still be there tomorrow. The lamps of houses in Osaka had been switched on, creating an illusion of thousands fireflies.

Beautiful.

“Sometimes we worry too much, to the point we that we miss the present.”

Krystal suddenly spoke in a soft voice, making Kai turned to her.

“Problems, sadness, anger, pain… we all trapped in that maze of confusion and was forced to look away from the moment we live on.”

Krystal continued without tearing her eyes off the sunset.

“But worrying doesn’t solve anything, so we might as well just stop and break away from that. It wouldn’t hurt to stop thinking about anything that may haunt you. And just for these days, let the magic of Japan be with you instead.”

Krystal turned to look at Kai and smiled sheepishly.

“We don’t know each other really well, and we also have just met a few days ago…”

Kai felt his heart stopped when those glittered eyes looking straight at his direction, and it shot deep down into his soul.

“…but you can talk to me if you need to. I’ll be happy if I could help even just a bit.”

Krystal shifted her eyes to the floor for a few seconds before sighed and ruffled her hair.

“I am not into someone else’s business, but your troubled face means nothing good. When we travels, excitement and happiness are the only expressions allowed.”

Kai’s lips curved into a smile when he heard that. Somehow, those words soothe the invisible crack inside his heart and it eased him a little.

“…thanks.”

Krystal shifted her eyes back to Kai before smiled. “Much better.”

Their passenger cable car slowly drifted down, leaving the top. That means, they would soon reach the ground again. They took that time to fully absorb the view with small talks and jokes.

Once the door of the cable car being opened, Krystal and Kai hopped off. They thanked the staff.

“Let’s go to Dotonbori!” Krystal cheered as she happily walked in big steps and ran down the stairs.

Kai smiled when he saw that girl, and was was about to follow her when the photographer called him.

“We have printed the photo of yours. You want to buy them?”

Kai looked at the photograph that was shown to him. It’s a picture of him and Krystal before they ride the ferris wheel. Both of them were looking at the camera with sweet smile, and Kai’s right arm wrapped around Krystal’s.

Kai found himself nodded in agreement and he bought the picture. The dark-haired boy put the framed picture inside his bag carefully and thanked the photographer.

“Oiiii, Kai-ahhh!”

Krystal’s voice was heardfrom the first floor.

“What are you doiiing? What takes you so long?”

Kai glanced at her from the top and tsked before ran down the stairs as wrll to meet her. “She now keeps on calling my real name but she wouldn’t tell me hers.”

Once he set his feet down on the first floor, Krystal had slightly run away excitedly ahead of him.

“Come on!”

Kai broke into a chuckle. That bubblegum girl is always so excited wherever she goes, isn’t she?

He was about to take a first step but then he paused. Kai turned back to look at the ferris wheel standing straight there.

At first, whenever he saw the ferris wheel, Irene’s face always appeared. Sweet, calming and romantic.

But now, when he glances at it again, everything has changed.

They all now become Krystal’s. 

 

 


 

A/n

 

 

Too much KaiStal feels xD

Hey there, it's onerusticpen and here is the latest update x)

Hope you enjoy the update and imma go see u on the next chappie <3

 

 

 

*for the love of writing, onerusticpen*