Somewhere Far

Forelsket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A call came to Taeyong's phone yesterday night when he was about to go to bed and it was from an unknown number. He picked it up lightly as he dried his hair. "Hello?" he said to the person at the other end of the line. 

"Mr. Lee Taeyong?" 

Taeyong clearly wasn't expecting the unknown number and the unknown voice to call him by name and in such a formal manner. This is clearly a voice that he has never heard before. "Yes, it's me. Who is this?" he asked. The deep voice replied, "Can you meet tomorrow?" Upon this request, Taeyong's even more confused. "I don't know who you are so how am I suppose to trust and come out to meet you? Who is this?" 

Instead of answering his question, the man on the other end of the line laughs. Somehow the laugh scares him. "Weren't you always on call? Or even more, you used to come everywhere with a single flick of the hand right? Don't play it the hard way," the man said. Taeyong knew clearly what the man was talking about. He was definitely referring to his dark past when he was working in a club as a minor but he's sure he has never heard of this man's voice before. 

Call it a survival instinct but Taeyong have this ability where he can remember a person's voice just by talking to a person once and after searching through every corner of his head, he's sure he has never talk to this guy in any of the clubs he has ever worked for. 

"I still don't know who you are so i'm not meeting you," Taeyong said persistently. 

"Even if it has something to do with Jung Jaehyun?" 

The name mentioned definitely alarmed Taeyong. Why does Jaehyun's name has to come out here? What is going on? What does him or Jaehyun has to do with this man? But now, he's clearly determined to know what situation he's being put in. 

"Where do you want to meet?" Taeyong asks first this time. "The small book cafe on XXX street. 5PM tomorrow." 

 

Just like how Taeyong imagined him to be, the guy sitting right across to him is wearing a formal attire of black suits and leather shoes. He wasn't expecting a really big hat complementing the attire though which he took off as soon as he sat down. Taeyong was busy scanning him up and down and he didn't say anything. None of them said greetings to the other for a while. 

"I've been wanting to meet you for a while. It's a pleasure meeting you like this," the man breaks the silence first. His voice sounds mysterious and deep. 

"Who are you exactly?" Taeyong asks again, hoping for an answer that will satisfy him this time. But instead of answering him, the guy ignores his question and pull out a reddish-brown folder from underneath the table and shoves it towards Taeyong. 

He picks it up in an instant and pull out a few sheets of paper from inside the envelope. A few photos dropped from between the papers and he picked it up to see photos of himself from a few months up to a few years ago. "Where do you get this from?" he asked the man sitting across him. The man doesn't give any answer. "Answer me! Where do you get this from?" 

The man smirks and fixes his sunglasses and says, "you don't need to know where I get them from but you'll be dead once anyone see this. You don't want that to happen right?" 

Taeyong was angry for a while but then he realizes that at this point, he doesn't have anything or anyone to lose. Well maybe, except for one. "I have the power to deliver all of this to Jung Jaehyun". 

That's it. That's enough. Taeyong stands up and put back the photos and papers inside the envelope and says, "I don't know who you are and that means you're irrelevant. I can report you to the police for privacy invasion and you'll be in jail as soon as tomorrow. I'm leaving". And with that, he leaves the cafe, ignoring the last few word

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter