Cherry Blossoms, Hot Chocolate, and Candies

Forelsket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cherry blossoms, Hot Chocolate, and Candies

undiscovering the past (part 2 - finale)

My name is Jung Jaehyun and once, I also was 10 years old. I fell in love at first sight on a beautiful evening at the park near the heart of the town. She was a girl of my age and somehow, she was different from the others; she was shining. When she grabbed the candy from my hand, I felt my face heating up and suddenly it was embarassing to even look at her face.

Since then, I got to meet her whenever I go out for a walk with my brother; and that means a lot because i'm always with him. Ever since that day at the park, bringing candies in my pocket has always been a habit and I would give them all to her just to see that pretty smile decorating her face. I couldn't be happier than those moments where my brother would sit on my left side and Sooyoung on my right as we looked at the flowers blossoming together. 

But even after 2 years, I never told her that I liked her. Nor did I ask her out because my brother would always told me that i'm still not mature enough to handle a girlfriend. During those 2 years instead, I was the only one who were able to recognize the love and affection Soobin noona had for my brother. I would then wonder why my brother never responded to her confessions or what it seems like to be confessions to me at that time. Did my brother also have the same reason of not being old and mature enough to have a girlfriend? And in my 12 year old brain, I thought it was that simple.

Then one day when we were sitting down in the usual cafe that we used to go to, on our usual spot, a guy approached us. He was average in height and weight but I remember having a good impression on him. My brother hugged him as soon as he arrived and the guy smiled at me too. He introduced himself as Kang Bohyuk; an interior design student. 

My brother had always want to go into an interior design department but as business man and woman, my parents completely turned his dream down and he had to walk a different path. It was heartbreaking to hear him crying from outside of his room every single time and it was painful for me to see him living as if he didn't want to. But no more of those things happen after that day. And through several hugs, pecks, and kisses, I knew my brother was gay. 

"He like guys, how cute!" that was my 12-year old brain exclaiming. But again, my parents were different. They were against it and I thought how unfair it was for my brother. So I cried. 

He got beaten up by both of my parents for several time but knowing him best, I knew he was still meeting Bohyuk hyung. 

"Hyung?" I called for him as I peek into his room through the door that was slightly opened. "Jaehyun-ah, come in," he said softly. I went in and sat beside him on the bed. His eyes were bloodshot red as usual and I knew he had been crying. I knew I could do nothing else but to support him so as I grabbed his hands, I told him, "Hyung, I support you. I like Bohyuk hyung too, he's nice. No matter what mom and dad say, I will always support you guys!" and that's the first time I see his genuine smile in a week; it definitely felt longer than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter