Chapter 6

When "Opposites" Attract

 

 

 

Baekhyun hums as he picked up his pack of crayons which had been lying on his desk, halfway used. He also picks up some gel pens in case they come in handy before he leaves for school. Excited to get along with Chanyeol today, Baekhyun skips down the street, grinning when he spotted Chanyeol standing there, yawning. He jumps over, making Chanyeol turn his head. 

“Good morning!” Chanyeol smiles at him, looking a lot less intimidating. 

“Good morning, Baekhyun.” Baekhyun digs in his jacket and pulls out the crayon pack. 

“Are you ready for tonight?” Chanyeol nods.

“I brought everything to my moms restaurant when I got home yesterday.” Baekhyun jumps in his spot, looking small and cute standing next to a giant Chanyeol. 

“Just wait, a lot of people will join our club once we’re done.” Chanyeol nods.

The bus arrives and throughout the ride, to school, they talk about ideas for the poster. The two make their way to class together, getting a lot less stares than before. Baekhyun sits at Chanyeol's desk with him, too into their conversation to let it wait. Jongdae walks in a bit later, walking over.

“Good morning.” he smiles. Baekhyun grins. 

“Morning, Dae!” Jongdae looks at Chanyeol who was wondering if he should greet the guy and rolls his eyes, being sassy. 

“Park Chanyeol, you’re not gonna greet me after the fun we had yesterday?” Chanyeol grins.

“Good Morning, Jongdae.” Feeling fabulous today, Jonday wraps an arm around his shoulder. 

“You’re not a bad guy at all, Park. Don’t worry, I’ve got your back now.” Baekhyun squeals at the side, kicking his legs around in excitement. 


“Since today’s a special day, let’s take a picture.” Baekhyun suggests, pulling out his phone. Jongdae grins into the camera, and Chanyeol smiles awkwardly with Baekhyun smiling brightly in a corner. He snaps the picture and grins, looking at it. 

“Send that to me.” Chanyeol smiles, memorizing this day. Baekhyun nods until he realized that he didn’t have Chanyeol's number. 

“What’s your number?” Baekhyun hands over his phone. Chanyeol dials it in. 

“Don’t forget me,” Jongdae smiles, pulling out his phone for Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiles as he dialed in his phone. 

“Okay, everyone get to your seats.” Baekhyun gasps as the teacher walked in and quickly dashed to his seat with Jongdae. Chanyeol grins in daze, making people look at him in awe. 

 

 

-

-

 

 

“You guys, i just remembered I have choir practice today, can you wait for me?” Baekhyun asks, sitting down with his lunch. Jongdae and Junmyeon who was sitting, eating together looks up.

“Of course, Baekhyun. Where’s Chanyeol? Don’t you two eat lunch together?” Baekhyun grins. 

“He’s getting me soup.” Junmyeon coos, smacking his back.

“Why are you such a girl? Do you like him?” Baekhyun splutters, choking on air. 

“W-why would you say that?!” Jongdae swallows his bread.

“He’s right! You’re so obsessed with being close with him. I mean- Chanyeol’s nice but you seem like you really like him,” he rants. Baekhyun reddens, fidgeting. 

“Well, Chanyeol’s really a nice guy. He seems like a scary person but he’s really innocent and funny and-”

“Who are you talking about.” A deep voice asks. Baekhyun coughs. 

“My dad.” Jongdae snorts, nudging Junmyeon who was also laughing. Chanyeol sits down, sliding over soup for everyone. 

“It’s really cold today so I got everyone soup.” Junmyeons eyes shine at the warm gesture, looking at Jongdae. 

“He’s really nice.” 

 

-
-
-

 

“Chanyeol! Let’s go watch Baekhyun practice!” Jongdae shouts, walking towards the school gate where Chanyeol stood, frowning in thought. He looks up and smiles immediately, catching everyone who walked by off guard. Chanyeol walks over in a short amount of time thanks to his long legs. Jongdae wraps an arm around his shoulder. “First, let’s pick up Junmyeon from the student council room." Chanyeol nods, following Jongdae down a hallway. Jongdae opens the door, freezing at the sight. Curious, Chanyeol looks into the room, reddening immediately. Inside stood Junmyeon and another man, heatedly making out by the whiteboard. 

“Yixing-Hyung?!” Chanyeol gasps. The two pull apart immediately, gaping, arms still wrapped around each other. Jongdae pulls Chanyeol back. 

“We’ll be in the choir room, Junmyeon!” he shouts, slamming the door closed. He pushes Chanyeol down the hall. “What the hell was that?” he huffs, scratching his head. Jongdae turns to Chanyeol who was scratching his head, confused. “Do you know that guy?” Chanyeol nods. 

“He’s Zhang Yixing. He works in my mom’s restaurant since he’s a college student.” Jongdae rubs his chin in thought, starting to walk to the choir room. 

“Why was he with Junmyeon? Making out too.” Chanyeol shrugs, more confused now. 

“Whatever it is, they were really into it.” Jongdae reddens, smacking his head. 

“That was so . Let’s keep that a secret.” They open the door to the choir room where Baekhyun sat with someone, singing. Chanyeol stops moving, listening to Baekhyun's voice in awe and adoration. The two silently sit down at a desk, listening to Baekhyun sing with much passion. 

“That’s good, I think you’ll be ready for the festival if you sing that song.” the guy says. Baekhyun grins and nods.

“Okay, thanks Soo!” Baekhyun gets up, turning around, gaping. 

“When did you guys get here?” 

“A while ago.” Jongdae shrugs, standing up. Shy, Baekhyun picks up his backpack. “Wasn’t Baekhyunnie great?” Jongdae teases, elbowing Chanyeol who nodded with a smile. 

“Your voice is beautiful, Baekhyun.” Baekhyun reddens, head hung and shy. 

“Thank you.” Jongdae rolls his eyes playfully and pushes them out the door. 

“Let’s go now! Junmyeon texted me he’d wait for us at the gate.” They all make their way out, Baekhyun walking fast, still shy and blushing. 

Junmyeon stutters when he saw them. 

“SHould we get going?” 

“Yeah, we should go before it gets dark.” Jongdae says, a eating grin plastered on his face, teasing Junmyeon who harrumphed and turned away. 

They all take the bus Baekhyun and Chanyeol take to and back from school, but take a different way. Once they got off the bus, Chanyeol lead them to his moms restaurant. Chanyeol stops in front of a store which had been locked up with a metal shutter. 

“Chanyeol, it’s locked.” Jongdae frowns. 

“It’s okay, I have a key. And my mom is inside. She just didn’t open it since it’s closed today." They all watch as Chanyeol bent down and unlocked the lock, easily pulling up the shutters like it was nothing. 

“How are you so strong,” Junmyeon frowns. 

“My dad runs a dojo, so he makes me exercise a lot.” Baekhyun gapes as another misunderstanding was cleared up. Chanyeol sighs and unlocks the door, letting them in. The three of them gape at how nice it looked. 

“I’ve never been here before.” Baekhyun frowns. “It’s so close to my neighborhood.” A woman runs out from a door. 

“Chanyeol, you’re back!” Chanyeol smiles as his mother kissed his cheek, making everyone gape at how friendly and lovely Chanyeol's personal life was. “Are these your friends?!” she gasps, looking at them. The three of them bow. “Oh my god! Chanyeol has never brought back friends before.” she smiles, shaking all their hands. “I hope you guys watch over him for me, he got bullied a lot when he was a kid.” she sighs, rubbing her head. Chanyeol gapes. 

“Mom!” Baekhyun grins at the woman. 
“We’ll watch over him, Mrs. Park!” Jongdae shakes his head. 

“Mrs. Park, if anything, Chanyeol watches after us.” Junmyeon agrees, recalling the warm soup he had for lunch. 

“Well, what brings you guys here? Are you hanging out or something?” 

“We have a very important project.” Baekhyun explains.  

“Oh! Here, push the tables together if you need. I’ll just be upstairs, Chanyeol” Chanyeol nods, watching her leave. 

“Your mom is so nice.” Baekhyun sighs, pushing the tables together. 

“She's but over protective.” Chanyeol sighs, helping out and pulling chairs over. They all pull out their materials, Junmyeon pulling out the poster paper he rolled up and laying it flat on the table, getting annoyed when it rolled back up. Baekhyun sighs at him and puts his crayons ontop of one side so it would stop. Jongdae looks at the box and looks back at him. 

“Baekhyun, we’re not gonna use crayons.” Baekhyun gapes, frowning. 

“Why?!” 

“Crayons make me mad.” Jongdae huffs, crossing his arms. “They’re too waxy.” Baekhyun sighs, pouting as he looked at his crayons.

“Crayons are fine!” he huffs. Junmyeon sighs. 

“We’re using anything okay?” the two harrumph, crossing their arms childishly. Chanyeol walks behind the counter of his mothers store and pulls out a box of coloring pencils, markers and gel pens. 

“So how are we doing this?” Chanyeol asks, putting his things down on the table. 

“Let’s just do Junmyeon’s poster but better looking.” Baekhyun says, everyone agreeing. 

“Better?” Junmyeon gapes.

 

-
-

 

“This is the most beautiful poster ever.” Baekhyun grins, looking at their wonderful creation. Everyone agrees, looking at the poster like it was their child. 

“I’ll be pissed if no one shows up.” Jongdae says, taking a sip of the tea Mrs. Park got him. 

“We only need two more people to join.” Junmyeon smiles, rolling the poster back up. “Let’s put it up on Monday. In the cafeteria.” A loud bark had everyone turning their heads towards the stairs. A fluffy dog runs down, jumping up everyone and smelling them. Baekhyun laughs as the dog sniffed his side and coos, patting his fur. The three of the watch in amusement. 

“Who’s dog is this?” Junmyeon asks. 

“My little brothers. His name is Vivi.” Baekhyun gasps and looks at the fluffy dog. 

“You’re the famous ViVi?!” the dog barks to her name. Everyone laughs, patting the dog. Eventually, the excitement died down and everyone stood there, unsure of what to do. 

“Well, since it’s getting late, we should all go home now.” Junmyeon suggests, sighing. Jongdae nods in agreement, stuffing his back with his art materials. 

“Thanks for letting us come here, Chanyeol.” Chanyeol nods, smiling. Baekhyun’s eyes shine, nodding at how much fun they’ve had these past few days and puts his unused crayons away. Chanyeol walks them out, both him and Baekhyun watching Junmyeon and Jongdae walk towards the bus stop. Chanyeol looks down at Baekhyun, smiling at him. 

“I’ll walk you home, it’s getting late.” Baekhyun nods. The two walk in comfortable silence until Baekhyun spoke up. 

“So, what do you think of Dae?” Chanyeol looks at him and grins, looking straight again. 

“Jongdae is pretty cool. He’s an accepting person.” Baekhyun nods and laughs. 

“The first time I met him was in middle school. Everyone made fun of me when I walked to school one day with a mullet.” Chanyeol starts laughing unexpectedly, making baekhyun blush in embarrassment. “Don’t laugh!”

“I’m sorry! That’s just so cute.” Chanyeol sighs, calming himself down. Baekhyun blushes even more, covering his cheeks. 

“Anyways, Jongdae had walked up to me when I was eating alone during lunch and he had offered to braid my hair. It was kind of weird and he made me look uglier but he said I looked “totally hot”. That’s how we became friends.” Chanyeol nods, looking at Baekhyun for a long time, making Baekhyun frown and look up at him. 

“You kind of did that to me.” Baekhyun raises a brow. “I didn’t have any friends and everyone didn’t like me. They thought I was a thug. But you were still nice to me, and didn’t see me as a bad person.” Baekhyun sighs and reaches out, patting his shoulder. 

“Because you’re not a bad person, Chanyeol.” Chanyeol turns to him with a grin but then sighs.

“But I do get into fights a lot.” Baekhyun purses his lips and looks to the floor. 

“But you have a reason to do that.” Chanyeol smiles.

“And even better, you introduced me to Jongdae and Junmyeon and now, we’re friends.” Baekhyun smiles at him. 

“You know, people haven’t been as scared of you as before. You just have to smile more.” Baekhyun stops walking, looking at him with a smile. Chanyeol looks at him for a while. 

“You look pretty when you smile like that.” Baekhyun gapes, slowly reddening and covers his face, shy. Chanyeol chuckles. They walk a while more until they reach Baekhyun’s house. “I’ll see you on Monday, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol smiles. Baekhyun grins at him and playfully punches his arm. 

“Alright, Chanyeol.” Chanyeol waits for him to go inside before turning back home.

 

 

 

I've finally updated! I'm pretty bad when it comes to being consistent so...

Also, even though it's summer break, I've been really stressed about things.

Thank you to everyone who has commented on and subscribed to this story.

Honestly, right now, this story kinda crap. I want to know what everyone thinks so far so comments 

are appreciated! 

Ya'll what's going on between Yixing and Junmyeon tho?

 

 

KOKOBOP THO. SHIMMIE SHIMMIE KOKOBOP, I THINK I LIKE IT