Chapter 1

When "Opposites" Attract

Baekhyun chews on his sandwich as he walks to the bus stop, glad that he woke up on the first alarm. He was able to shower, brush his teeth for two minutes, which he believes is the average time people should be brushing, aaaaand he was able to make his own lunch and breakfast for the day. At the memory of his peaceful morning, Baekhyun suddenly giggles and smiles as he stands at the stop. A strong smell of soap and his old house’s laundry detergent suddenly surrounds him, making Baekhyun feel warm and fuzzy. Baekhyun turns his head to see what it was and stares when he spots a guy he sees every morning in the same uniform as his school, looking down his uniform while strangely hugging his bag to his chest. With a shrug, Baekhyun takes out his bus ticket and climbs into the bus. Since he lived in more of a dangerous neighborhood, there never weren’t many passengers. Which was great because there was always a seat open. But today, it was ing packed. Baekhyun sighs and walks to the back, holding onto the bar above him. They guy, or the famous Park Chanyeol who’s always hurt, walks in and stands beside him, making sure he makes space for everyone else coming in. The ride is pretty smooth until they transition from the ghetto part of Seoul to the more busy part where students walked to school and business people bustled around. Baekhyun was just minding his own business, looking out the window when he heard a small mewl from in front of him. Baekhyun glances over to Chanyeol and then turns back, shrugging things off, thinking that it was just his head but then, something a little sharp and warm touched his cheek for a moment. Surprised, Baekhyun turns back around. His eyes rounds as he spots a paw poke out of the blazer of Park Chanyeol with a band-aid on his cheek who was smiling down into his uniform and the sun was shining and everything was so- Baekhyun gulps. The paw comes back out and presses against his cheek which is also the exact moment Park Chanyeol looks up. They stare at each other for a moment until Park Chanyeol smiles.

 

“Shh.” he whispers, bringing a finger to his lips as a small kitten pokes it’s head out of the school blazer. Baekhyun nods dumbly, holding the small paw delicately. The kitten mewls and tries to climb out from the blazer but the bus suddenly stops, making Baekhyun fly forward a little because he wasn’t holding onto the bar anymore. He would’ve kissed the floor if Park Chanyeol wasn’t standing there. After hitting his head against Chanyeol’s shoulder, he stumbled back, surprised and overwhelmed. Chanyeol grabs his shoulder and pulls him back so he wouldn’t fall on another person's lap. “You okay?” he asks. Baekhyun hakes his head.

 

“I’m fine… Is your shoulder okay? I have a hard head.” Baekhyun says cheekily, patting his forehead.

 

“It’s okay. I’m Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol smiles, holding a bandaged hand out. Baekhyun looks at it, a little concerned but he eventually holds his hands and shakes.

 

“Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“I know who you are. The kids are always talking about you.” Baekhyun raises his brows. “In a good way.” Baekhyun nods slowly, wondering why kids always talked about others. Is it gossiping?

 

“Kids are always talking about you too.”

 

“In a bad way.” Chanyeol says for him, a little too unfazed. Baekhyun looks at him before nodding.

 

“I’m sure it’s only because you’re always hurt and hanging around in the back of the school.” Chanyeol suddenly gasps, surprising him.

 

“I must show you something.”

 

________________

 

 

 

 

“Oh my god, the poor baby lives here?” Baekhyun coos, petting the small kitten that he found out was named Pinkie. He was also surprised when he found out Pinkie was a male and was named by Chanyeol, the badass kid who “beats up other kids” and hangs out with bag guys. Chanyeol sighs, crouching down.


“Poor guy lost his mother. I found him in the recycling.” Chanyeol huffs, taking his backpack off and opening it up. He casually pulls out a fleece blanket and a can of cat food. Baekhyun stares as he lays it in the cardboard box, fluffing up the fleece and popping the can open in a swift lift of the tab. Baekhyun frowns and looks up to the sky as if he was some corny character from a manga or movie. Chanyeol didn't seem to be a bad guy as everyone says. The kids would definetely rethink when they see this huge kid playing and giggling with a tiny kitten. Baekhyun sighs and turns back to Chanyeol who was patting the kittens back as he ate.

 

"Why don't you take him home?" Baekhyun asks, curiously. 

 

"I took him home last night to see how ViVi would react but he didn't really like Pinkie. He kept barking." 

 

"ViVi? Is that your dog?"

 

"My little brothers." Baekhyun nods, ready to comfort Chanyeol who looked disappointed. But Chanyeol caught up. "I'll just try again tonight!" 

 

 

 

________________________________

 

What have I done.