Chapter 4

When "Opposites" Attract

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“They’re always together now.” Jongin sighs.

 

“Yeah. I think Baekhyun is too innocent to understand that Park Chanyeol is a ing thug. He’s nice to everyone! Look at him, all soft and smiley.” Jongdae rambles, making hand gestures to explain his words. Jongin who was getting things out of his lockers, makes a face and jabs his friend in the rib.

 

“Shut up, Hyung. You need to get over this Baekhyun thing.” Jongdae sighs and maks a whining sound, slumping against his friend like a rag.

 

“But our little Baekhyunnie can’t be tainted by the evil.” he fakes a sob. Jongin rolls his eyes and pushes Jongdae off.

 

“Bye, I’ll see you later. Go to class.” Jongdae huffs and watches Baekhyun wave goodbye to Chanyeol before walking off, a grin on his face. He sighs and follows after.

 
 

-

-

-

 
 
 

Walking towards the cafeteria with Jongin, Baekhyun stops abruptly after spotting a poster on the wall. “Build Up, volunteer work.” he reads.. Baekhyun gasps and shakes Jongin’s arm. “Jongin, join this with me, I have tons of volunteer points to work off.” Jongin looks at him.

 

“I’m sorry Hyung, I’m already busy with dance. Aren’t you already part of the party committee, choir, and piano? You’re always busy!” Baekhyun pouts.

 

“But I need to get points off. And don’t you need points off as well?” Jongin shakes his head.

 

“I already did most of my volunteer work in Sophomore year.” Knowing that Baekhyun would give him those puppy eyes, Jongin searches around the hall. “Oh there’s my dance partner, I’ll see you later hyung!” Baekhyun gasps as he was about to whine, pouting before walking into the cafeteria. Maybe Jongdae will join with him. Or maybe even Chanyeol!

 

He spots Jongdae sitting at their table with Minseok, chewing an apple. “Hyung!” Baekhyun calls out, dashing over and flopping on the bench. Jongdae scowls when he knocks the apple out of his hand and Baekhyun quickly hands him his own apple. “Sorry. Anyways, do you guys wanna join this club with me?” he asks hopefully. Minseok looks at him apologetically.

 

“Sorry, Baekhyunnie. You know I have soccer practice everyday. I go play games with other kids from the other schools on weekends too. Luhan would be mad if I didn’t go with him.” Minseok sighs. Baekhyun deflates, his pout turning saggy. Jongdae notices and coos.

 

“What’s this club anywyas?”

 

“Volunteer work.”

 

“! I forgot about that!” Jongdae screams, standing up abruptly. Baekhyun brightens up and smiles excitedly, pulling Jongdae to sit back down.

 

“So you’ll do it with me?”

 

“Yeah, I need to graduate or mom will feed me to you.” Jongdae shivers. Baekhyun cheers and claps.

 
 
 
 

-

-

-

 
 
 
 

Wandering around the halls, Baekhyun wonders if Chanyeol was in any clubs. He was ready to convince the giant to join the club but he doesn’t know where he is. As if his fairy godmother came to kiss him, Baekhyun sees Chanyeol pass by the end of the hall, walking into the nurse's room. Baekhyun gasps and scurries after.

 

Before Chanyeol could close the door, Baekhyun had wedged himself in between like an idiot, making Chanyeol gasps as Baekhyun’s head hit the door. “Baekhyun, are you crazy?!” Chanyeol shouts, pulling Baekhyun inside and making him sit on the bed. The nurse was out apparently so Chanyeol decided that he’d check the bump growing on Baekhyun’s head himself. Baekhyun's face was still scrunched up in pain, rubbing the side of his head.

 

“Sorry. I actually don't know why I did that.” Chanyeol stares at him before snickering.

 

“Why are you here? Did you get hurt?”

 

“No, I was looking for you.” Baekhyun grins. Chanyeol who was at the fridge raises a questioning brow at him.

 

“For what?”

 

“Um, so,” Baekhyun stutters, what if he rejects me. Oh shut up Byun, it’s just a club. “I was wondering if you were in any clubs. Chanyeol pulls out a cold compress from the fridge and turns back to him, sitting on the bed and laying down.

 

“Not really. I never had time.” Baekhyun rubs his chin in thought.

 

“Well, there's this new club forming, its for volunteer work and I want you to join with me?” Hearing hissing, Baekhyun frowns and turns his head back only to swing it back forward, his whole face reddening.

 

“Oh yeah, okay. I haven’t gotten any points for volunteer.” Baekhyun nods, happy but still red. “Can you- put this on my back?” Your muscle farm?

 

“O-okay.” Baekhyun stuttered, turning around and taking the cold compress. “Where?” he asks, staring at the firm back. Chanyeol reaches back and pats his lower back, sighing. Growing a bit concerned, Baekhyun frowns. “Can I ask what happened?”

 

“Oh, that guy messing with my brother kicked my back.” Chanyeol shrugs, and sighs when the cool pack touches his back. “So, how do we join?”

 

“There’s a meeting at the end of the month.” Chanyeol nods, excited to do some activities with his new friend, although a bit concerned about how others would react to him. What if they quit because of him?

 

Baekhyun stays with him until they’re ready to go. Chanyeol walks him home that day.

 
 
 

-

-

-

 
 
 
 

“Jongdae!” Baekhyun screams from down the hall.” Jongdae who was dragging the garbage to his locker, looks back.

 

“It’s too early for this.” He whines, watching as Baekhyun sprints over like a little puppy. Baekhyun latches onto him like a koala and everyone coos at him. Baekhyun lets go and he slides to the floor but he gets up real quick.

 

“I got Chanyeol to join the club.” He whispers.

 

“Why are you whispering?”

 

“I don’t know.” Baekhyun frowns. “But anyways, I want you two to be buds!”

 

“Okay?” Jongdae makes a face before pulling out a bunch of candy wrappers from his locker and dumping them into the trash. Baekhyun watches in disbelief before shaking his head.

 

“I’m serious, if you’re my friend and you put him down, he’ll get sad. He’s the puppy type.” Baekhyun whispers the last part. Jongdae stares down at him.

 

“And you’re not?”

 

“I mean it!” Baekhyun whines. Jongdae snickers at him.

 

“Okay, If he’s your friend, he’s my friend too.” Baekhyun grins happily at him and everyone stops to coo again.

 

“Thank you! Chanyeol is actually really nice. He likes animal planet like you.” Jongdae widens his eyes. FINALLY SOMEONE TO APPRECIATE THE ANIMALS.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow there's 67 of you guys, I'm so happy. <3 (looks like a to me)

Thank you for reading my story and subscribing! 

Your comments make me happy. :D

I know the chapters are really short but I'm working on it.