Chapter 2

When "Opposites" Attract

 

The rest of the day went off as usual, no one really talking or wondering about Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s small meeting with Pinkie at the back of the school. Baekhyun guessed that it was only because Chanyeol made him do it so discreetly. After school and his club activities had ended, Baekhyun found himself walking off to the back of the school by the garbage industrial. Just as he got closer to the door, he heard some yelling and loud thuds. With a frown, the short boy opens the door only to be pushed back. Baekhyun falls back, hitting his back against the floor with a loud thud. He opens his eyes and lets them fall on a familiar head of hair and the endearing pointy ears.

 

“Chanyeol?” Another figure walks into sight, hovering over Chanyeol who was already starting to stand up. He seemed to not notice Baekhyun because he just totally ignored him and went over to kick the other guy in the chest. Gaping, Baekhyun sits there, his mind running in many different directions all at once, different parts of his brain taking different flights to different places. What about the Chanyeol who was with him this morning? So the rumors of him being in fights could be true? What???

 

“Leave him alone!” Chanyeol grunts, walking over to the man who had fallen by some cardboard boxes and beating the out of him. Baekhyun continues to sit there, still confused and a little scared. Chanyeol looks really intimidating right now. The guy gets on his feet and runs off like anyone else would if they had just gotten beat the crap out of. Baekhyun feels his palms start to sweat a little when Chanyeol turned around to face him, his face looking a bit scared. The giant walks over, helping Baekhyun up by grabbing his forearm. “Sorry you had to see that.” Baekhyun swallows and relaxes a bit.

 

“It’s okay- Chanyeol you’re bleeding!”

 

         _________________

 

 

 

 

So here they are, both of them sitting in the nurse's room. Baekhyun had made the excuse of why Chanyeol had so many bruises and a big fat wound on his jaw, saying that he tripped over his shoelaces and fell down the stairs. Chanyeol thought it was damn clever because his shoelaces happened to be untied. Or it was just a coincidence. The nurse finishes by putting a big bandaid on Chanyeol's jaw, patting his back and making them get out so she can clean up and leave too.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun awkwardly walks down the halls side by side, Baekhyun fiddling his fingers and Chanyeol massaging the other side of his jaw. People who stayed back in school for detention or club activities had occasionally turned heads to see wHAT THE THIS IS. Baekhyun had finally broken the silence with a question that was eating at his insides.

 

“Why were you fighting, Chanyeol?” Chanyeol sighs and interlaces his fingers behind his back.

 

“That guy’s friends and his little brother are always talking about my little brother and our family so I just gave him a warning.” Baekhyun nods in understanding before nodding harder, finally connecting pieces of his brain back together.


“I see.” Chanyeol’s rumors will remain a mystery for now. They walk in a more comfortable silence until Baekhyun had realized something. “Chanyeol, Pinkie!” Chanyeol looked surprised for a moment before he sighed and turned directions, Baekhyun following behind him with fast footsteps.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sorry it's so ing short