Chapter 3

When "Opposites" Attract

 

 

 

“Hey Baek Hyung,” Baekhyun looks up from his notebook where he was doodling and raises an expecting brow. It was Jongin, a good friend. They met in the beginning of school, Jongin scurrying around the place to find his classes, he ran into Baekhyun who calmly walked him to his class. Jongin had his eyes narrowed suspiciously and he finally sat down in an empty chair in front of his Hyung.

 

“What are you doing here? Class starts soon.”

 

“I heard you were with Chanyeol yesterday after school. Were you? What’d you do?” Baekhyun frowns and scratches his head.

 

“I didn’t do anything. We take the same bus so we walked together.” Baekhyun wasn’t sure if it was appropriate if he told off Chanyeol’s business especially when there’s so many delinquent Chanyeol rumors going around. Jongin gasps.

 

“So you’re friends? Baek, watch yourself.” Baekhyun snaps his tongue and smacks Jongin behind his head.

 

“He’s not a bad person, don’t be rude. Chanyeol is actually really nice.” Baekhyun says seriously. But since he was a small boy, Jongin just laughed and pinched his cheek, cooing about how adorable his tiny Hyung was. Baekhyun shakes his head and watches as Jongin leaves the classroom. He looks around, surprised that everyone was looking at him.

 

 

________________

 

 

 

“No, really, Chanyeol isn’t a bad person.” Baekhyun sighs, giving up and slumping in his seat, his face almost falling into his lunch. After news about people seeing the most innocent little kid walking around school with the most scariest guy, everyone has been freaking out and asking Baekhyun questions. Some kids had just come to his table right now, asking questions and bringing up rumors that even Baekhyun doesn’t know if it’s true or not.

 

Baekhyun sighs and grabs his spoon, shoving more rice into his mouth. He spots Chanyeol walk in and buy some bread from the corner of his eye. Baekhyun couldn’t hold back and stood up, waving his arms around while calling out Chanyeol’s name. Nobody sat with him and his friends had lunch detention for attempting to skip class so he was all alone. Everyone turned to them as Chanyeol turned his head and gave a little small smile. Baekhyun smiles brightly at him and waves him over. Chanyeol casually walks over and sits down in front of him.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Hi.” Baekhyun replies, fiddling with his fingers. God this is stupid. Baekhyun doesn’t even know why he called Chanyeol over. “You wanna eat with me?” he asks shyly.

 

“Um, I kind of already am.” Baekhyun reminds himself to run into a wall later. They eat in silence which made everyone look away, disappointed at the lack of communication. Chanyeol finally speaks up. “I’m sorry everyone’s talking about you.” Baekhyun looks up and shakes his head.

 

“It’s fine! I don’t mind.” Chanyeol nods. This is awkward. Baekhyun scrunches up his face. “How’s Pinky?”

 

“He’s fine. Oh god, ViVi just happened to be sleeping and I put Pinky by him to get familiar with the smell so they’re okay now. But they’re not like best friends like Arthur and Buster you know. Just acquaintances. ViVi is really possessive though.” Chanyeol rambles. Baekhyun just giggled and played with his rice.

 

The two were so occupied with talking about Pinky that they hadn’t noticed everyone watching them. Baekhyun’s little crushes gripping onto their spoons and forks like knives, at the edge of their seat, ready to attack if little Baekhyunnie got hurt in any way.

 

 

___

 

Hey Gais.

As you can see, I don't update often at all and I'm sorry for those who actually read this thing. The chapters are really short too but I promise that the story will go somewhere. 

Thank you for reading! It really means a lot. And thank you for commenting! It really does make me happy.

 

Sigh. I'm so proud. They grow so fast.