Chapter 5

When "Opposites" Attract

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun pulls his phone out from his pocket as he sat at his desk and quickly sends a text to Jongdae, reminding him of the club meeting tomorrow. He decides to remind Chanyeol aswell but deflates when he remembered that he never got the Giants number. Does he even have a number? Baekhyun shrugs and decides that he’d tell his friend on the bus tomorrow instead before finishing his homework and studying for the day.



 

-

-

-




 

Baekhyun shivers as he stepped outside that morning, the cold slapping his pink cheeks once he opened the front door. He lets out a cough and tugs on his scarf before yelling a loud bye to his mother who told him not to yell so loud. The boy waved once before closing the door. He walks until he reached the bus stop, frowning when he didn’t see Chanyeol around.

 

“Baekhyun!” There he is! Baekhyun turns his head and waves to his friend who was walking over like it was summer.

 

“Good morning, Chanyeol. Aren’t you cold?” Baekhyun points at his clothes, one button ed and his blazer stuffed in his backpack.

 

“Not a lot.” Chanyeol stands by him, making the height difference between the two completely obvious. Baekhyun sighs in slight relaxation, leaning against the lamppost behind him. The winter air was cold to breathe but it was actually quite refreshing. He can smell Chanyeol's detergent and as creepy as it was, Baekhyun found it comforting. Then he remembers.

 

“Oh, right. After school today-”

 

“The bus is here.” Chanyeol interrupts, pointing to the vehicle that was suddenly in front of them and Baekhyun blinks before following Chanyeol into the bus. “Sorry, what were you saying?” The two stand near the front of the crowded bus, swaying as the bus turned.

 

“The club meeting is today after school.” Chanyeol's eyes widen.

 

“Today?”

 

“Uh huh. Why so surprised?”

 

“Well, you only told me about this club yesterday. My bruises aren't healed yet!” Chanyeol panics, pointing to the bandage on his face. Baekhyun shrugs.

 

“So?”

 

“I must look presentable. Or everyone will leave.” Baekhyun laughs and waves it off.

 

“Chanyeol, don’t be paranoid. If people think I’m okay with you, they can be okay with you too.” Chanyeol shakes his head and pulls out a black mask, hooking it on his ears and hiding his bandage. Baekhyun shakes his head and pulls it down. “If you’re so scared, I got you.” Chanyeol looks at his a bit in disbelief.

 

“Emotionally?” Baekhyun  waves his finger.

 

“No, with makeup.” Baekhyun decides that this club has to be perfect. Chanyeol’s joining and so is one of his best friends, Jongdae. If he can get Jongdae and even better, some other club members to join, then boy, people will stop labeling the Giant. Everything has to be perfect.



 

-

-

-



 

 Jongdae scratches his head, confused as of why Baekhyun has called him to the boys bathroom like ne desperately needed him. “Does he need a tampon or something?” the guy laughs at his own joke and turns the knob, only to find it locked. “He said in the west wing, third floor.” jongdae huffs, checking again. The door opens to a crack and Baekhyun looked through like some crazy small dog in someone's backyard full of shiny gnomes.

 

“What’s your name?” he asks in a deep voice. Jongdae makes a face, unable to believe how childish this guy is.

 

“Open the damn door.”

 

“Uh, your name is Jongdae.” Baekhyun laughs, opening the door and pulling him in, locking it behind him. “Okay, our eyes aren’t that great so, can you see his bruise?” Baekhyun asks, lightly poking Chanyeol's jaw. Jongdae awkwardly looks at the Giant who was looking in the mirror and takes a careful look, not believing himself for doing something so stupid.

 

“Uh, both of you need ing glasses. This isn’t even his shade!” Jongdae shouts, grabbing a wet tissue and wiping Chanyeol's jaw, leaving the Giant in wonder, touching his face. Jongdae picks up the bag of concealer. “Where’d you even get this?”

 

“The convenience store. The lighting is really bad in here.” Baekhyun complains, looking up at the light. “I heard the girls bathroom lighting was really good. Is that ist?”

 

“Baekhyun, where did you even hear that?! And it’s not like the whole male population in this school come in to regularly powder their noses.” Jongdae says, taking out a concealer that looked like Chanyeol's tone. “I’m not even gonna ask if you think this matches his skin cos both of you are blind.” Baekhyun stomps.

 

“It’s the lighting!”

 

Jongdae works on Chanyeol's bruise and it the thought finally comes upon him.


“Why are you two doing this anyways?”

 

“I don’t think kids will feel safe if I walk in there with a bruise on my face.” Chanyeol says like it was the most obvious thing. Jongdae makes a face.

 

“That doesn’t mean anything. And your arm has a bandage, how're you gonna conceal that? People think you have a reputation. I dunno if you do or not but…”

 

“He doesn’t! It’s because of Pinky.”

 

“The is a Pinky?”


 

-

-

-



 

“He’s so cute!” Jongdae coos, patting the kittens head.
 

“Right?” Baekhyun wiggles around in excitement as his two friends interact, dancing in victory.

 

“Actually Dae, Pinky’s in a crisis. Right Chanyeol?” he pushes. Chanye gapes and nods.

 

“He’s a stray and neither Baekhyun or I can take Pinky home. He’s been living here at school.” Jongdae coos some more and the kitten.

 

“Why don’t you bring him to an adoption center?” Baekhyun rolls his eyes in the background. How dense is he?

 

“Why don’t you adopt him?” Baekhyun suggests like it just came to mind. Jongdae points to himself.

 

“Me?”

 

“Yeah. You. You’ve always wanted a cat right? And this way, maybe we can see Pinky when we want. I don’t think Chanyeol wants to put the guy in bad hands. Right, Chanyeol?” Chanyeol nods, patting the kittens back. Jongdae looks at him.

 

“Then why don’t you take him?” He says like it was the most obvious thing to do.


“I can’t!”

 

“Why?!”

 

“I have a dog! Very scary dog!” He says the last sentence in broken english and Baekhyun snorted, laughing. Both jongdae and Chanyeol look at him, completely serious. “Anyways, it’s not a bad idea. To take Pinky home.” Jongdae purses his lips.

 

“I guess. I’ll ask my mom.” Baekhyun cheers, extremely happy that his friends are getting along quite well.

 

“Okay, let’s go. The meeting’s starting soon.”

 

The three arrive at dusty classroom that was currently unused which is where the meeting was being held for those who wanted to join. The classroom was completely empty except for the president who- oh, just happened to be their classroom president.

 

“Junmyeon!” Jongae cheers, walking over and patting his back. “Are you joining?” the guy looks at him, deflated.

 

“I’m the president.”
 

“Oh. Well, where is everyone?” Baekhyun bites his lip at how dense his friend was being.

 

“No one showed up. Except for you guys. Which is great!” he cheers up immediately, walking over and patting everyone on the back. “Oh, and Park Chanyeol. Are you joining?” Baekhyun and Jongdae look at him and the guy grins.

 

“No matter what.”

 

“Good attitude.” Everyone sits down at the joined tables and they sit there awkwardly, waiting for more people to join. Baekhyun finally speaks up after a while.

 

“Hyung, why isn’t anyone joining?”

 

“I don’t know. The poster was quite nice.” he frowns, pointing to the paper on the wall, a simple printer paper, font written in comics sans.

 

“The picture is a thumbs up.” Jongdae laughs, getting up and bringing it back to the table, handing it to Chanyeol who looked at it for the first time.

 

“It’s a bit small.” Baekhyun leans over and looks at it again.

 

Comic sans?” Junmyeon shrugs.

 

“No wonder. This is too boring.” Jongdae huffs.

 

“Really?” Junmyeon frowns, taking the paper and looking it over again. “It looks fine!” the three laugh at him.

 

“How about we make better posters first.” Chanyeol claps in agreement.

 

“We should meet up in the library tomorrow. I think they have markers.” Baekhyun starts to wiggle in his seat, seeing how happy Chanyeol is, making more friends within this little group. Jongdae frowns and elbows Chanyeol in the arm.

 

“No, we should meet up in the courtyard. I have better markers. We should meet tomorrow after school?”

 

“Good! But what if it flies away.”

 

“Jongdae, it’s winter.”

 

“What about in the library.”

 

“No, we’ll be too loud. Especially with you three.” Junmyeon states boldly. Although offended, jongdae throws in more ideas.

 

“How about here?”

 

“Well, this isn’t really our room.” Junmyeon scratches his head. “The administrators are only letting this be a club if we have enough members and people willing to let us help.”  Baekhyun puts his hand out in disbelief.

 

“Hyung!” he whines.

 

“What?”
 

“We don’t have anywhere else!”

 

“The gym?”

 

“Chanyeol, are you an idiot?” Jongdae accuses comfortably.

 

“Then what about my moms restaurant? She’s closed tomorrow, it’s free, and there’s a heater.”

 

“Oh, yes, good! Tomorrow after school, we’ll meet up and go to Chanyeol's.”

 

“Do I still need to bring my markers?”

 

“Yes, bring them. I’ll bring my crayons.”

 

“Baek, no one uses crayons anymore.”

 

“What? I use crayons.”

 

“You’re a bit different.”

 

“Don’t be mean, Jongdae. I’ll ask Mr. Kim for larger paper.”

 

“Oh, I have sharpies!”

 

“Bring those, bring those.”

 

The four continue to argue over what to bring until the security guard had gone in to shoo them out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YAY. Our leader is put into this story! I finally wrote a chapter that's a little longer than the others. As repeatedly said in other chapters, I'm

too lazy to update. TT

But even so, thank you for those who subscribed, commented and have come to read this trash <3 still looks llike a

really you bring joy to my life.

This chapter was written on docs but for whatever reason, it's copied bold on here and obviously, I'm too lazy to change it 

but i've tried. it's taking so much time, I ran out of wine chocolate almond milk and so, I GAVE UP I'VE TRIED

Update! I came back on my phone and had managed to change the font to how it regularly is but I couldn't bring myself to delete what I wrote in red cos... the wine is so clever  *wipes tears* I'm just kidding, I actually think I'm funny. Everyone should try chocolate almond milk 

Wow, this authors note might as well be longer than the actual chapter

HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY TO OUR LEGENDS, EXO!

I'm one day late.