Thirteen

If It Was Easy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#13

 

Where the hell could Sehun be?

Jongin doesn’t understand this. He doesn’t understand why Sehun wouldn’t show up to his own wedding. He doesn’t understand why he’d pull something like this when he had clearly been excited just the night before. And he definitely doesn’t understand why Sehun would do this to Yejin.

His heart clenched as he thought about Yejin and how much this was going to break her if she found out about it.

That’s why he needed to find Sehun quick and make sure he gets his to his wedding.

Chanyeol told him that the last time he talked to Sehun was that morning when he called to make sure Sehun had gotten up and he said that Sehun sounded fine. Chanyeol felt like it was his mistake to not check on Sehun sooner because he had been so sure Sehun would be standing in that room getting ready for his big day. But when he finally did, Sehun was nowhere in sight and he couldn’t reach him on his phone either.

Chanyeol had been so lost on what to do as he knew that he couldn’t tell anyone since it would only worsen everything and tried to think of a way to solve it on his own. And that’s when Jongin showed up.

They both had went to Sehun’s apartment to check if he was there, but he wasn’t. The house was empty. And when they went in his room, they were surprised to see his tux still hanging by the door.

They tried to go to Yejin’s apartment but Chanyeol didn’t know the password code to unlock the door and after ringing the doorbell countless times and banging their fists on the door, they knew Sehun was not there either.

They didn’t have much time left so Jongin told Chanyeol to go back to the hotel and try to stall the wedding while Jongin used his car to go around and search for Sehun.

He had just dropped Chanyeol back at the venue and was now driving around the city trying to think of a place where Sehun would go.

Not wanting to risk any chances, Jongin drove to Sehun’s office.

 

If you ever asked Yejin to compare the two men that she loves, Sehun and Jongin, she would not be able to do it.

To her, they both have different charms and to compare those two with each other would be fruitless. The way they handled things are different, the way they expressed themselves are different.

With Jongin, it was the kind of relationship you have only ever seen in movies or read in books. They both fell head-over-heels for each other at the same time, loved each other more than they’ve loved anyone and he gives her the kind of happiness that can’t be rivalled by anybody. He cared for her, treated her like she was a precious jewel and the rush of feeling she gets when she’s with him was so strong that she was afraid her heart might burst. Jongin set the bar up so high for any other man to win her heart that Yejin once wondered if she could find any man that could rival the guy.

Sehun on the other hand made everything so comfortable for her. Everything just fell into place easily with no effort at all. It was a smooth-sailing relationship, the kind that makes Yejin feel like she could do anything with no worry whatsoever. The way they are with each other were not as delicate and careful. They were rough but soft at the same time. They could insult each other to their faces and end up laughing a second later. It was relaxed, it was comfortable, it was fun.

It certainly was not easy for Yejin to open her heart up to Sehun at first. She was definitely scared of getting her heart broken again after what had happened with Jongin. She doesn’t want to go through something like that and had promised herself she wouldn’t ever put herself in such a vulnerable position again.

But, it was also because Yejin had never gotten over Jongin even after two years. To her, her heart still belonged to Jongin. He might’ve hurt her and broke her heart but she knew that he must have a good reason for doing so because Yejin believed in Jongin.

She believed that Jongin wouldn’t have done something like that out of the blue. Something must’ve happened.

And she believed that Jongin would come back to her one day.

But after two years had passed, Yejin told herself that she couldn’t wait for him forever. So, she decided to start dating again and said to herself that if Jongin ever came back into her life, she’d welcome him with open arms.

And all those dates never worked out anyway since she couldn’t get herself passed the first date.

All she does is compare them to Jongin and Yejin couldn’t find herself interested in them at all.

But then, Sehun confessed and Yejin was confused as much as she was surprised and even though she had never ever thought of the possibility that her best friend is in love with her, she found her heart softening a little for him.

She was reluctant at first, since she had never thought of Sehun that way and does not want to lose her best friend if things were to go wrong. But, the way Sehun was looking at her made her feel like maybe this could actually work since he knows everything about her and wouldn’t things just be easy for them?

Yejin decided to give him a chance and how glad she was that she made them because here she was already in her wedding dress, her makeup freshened up with the stylist putting final touches on her hair.

Her wedding day is finally here and Yejin felt the buzz of excitement under her skin.

‘All done!’

‘Thank you.’ Yejin smiled at the stylist she had hired and the other had only grabbed her hand and wished her luck before making her way out of the room.

As Yejin sat there waiting for the time to finally walk down the aisle comes, the door opened again and Jieun walked in. Her friend gasped when Yejin stood up and made an excited sound before she ran to her and engulfed Yejin in a tight hug.

‘You look so pretty!’ Jieun said as she pulled away to look at her from top to toe again. ‘Oh my god, Yejin, Sehun’s gonna faint when he sees you.’

Yejin giggled. ‘That would be fun. I can with that for the rest of our lives.’

Jieun laughed and grabbed her friends hand in both of hers. ‘I’m so happy for you both! This is so exciting I can’t believe you’re getting married!’ she shrieked a little. ‘And soon you’re going to have babies running around, oh my god!’

‘Whoa, slow down, girl,’ Yejin chuckled. ‘You’re getting yourself way ahead of things right now.’

‘Sorry.’ She giggled. ‘I’m just so happy for you.’ She sighed and squeezed Yejin’s hands. ‘The past two weeks might have been a roller coaster for you, but I’m glad you pulled through.’

Yejin’s heart pinched a little as she was reminded of Jongin but she still smiled brightly at her friend. ‘Yeah, I’m glad too.’

As the two continued talking to each other, they were both disrupted from the muffled shouting on the other side of the door and Yejin and Jieun looked at each other curiously.

They couldn’t hear what they were saying or arguing about but they could definitely hear the raised voices and shushing sound and harsh whispers behind the closed door.

‘Who the hell is that?’ Yejin asked.

‘I’ll go check.’ Jieun said and walked towards the door. She turned back to Yejin and the other made a sign for her to open the door and so she did.

‘ – just until he finds Sehun! Please!’Chanyeol’s voice blared into the room.

Chanyeol and Jiyoung who were shouting at each other froze when they realized the door had been opened and they gulped before turning their heads slowly towards it. They both were silently hoping and praying that no one had actually heard it even though they knew there was no chance of that happening since Chanyeol’s deep voice and shouting was hard to be missed.

‘Find Sehun…?’ Yejin spoke, her voice confused. She took a couple of steps until she stood right in front of the two. ‘What do you mean by “find Sehun”?’

He looked from Jiyoung who had a frown on her face, looking guiltily to the floor, to Jieun who was right behind Yejin, looking at him with a worried look on her face and finally to Yejin, whose face had paled even with the makeup she was wearing and how her eyes suddenly looked so lost the longer he remained silent.

‘S-Sehun…‘s not here?’

Chanyeol felt like killing himself.

 

Jongin had been searching everywhere for Sehun but he could not find the other and the more time past, the more frustrated he gets. There was no way Yejin couldn’t have known something was wrong since the wedding was supposed to start about an hour ago.

He had search all the places he could think of that Sehun would go to and places Chanyeol had told him earlier but there was still no sight of the man. He tried calling Chanyeol again to ask if he knew of any more places but he couldn’t be reached.

He pulled the car to park on the side of the road as he tried to think of a place. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes, trying to remember if he’d said anything about a place that Jongin still haven’t went to but nothing came to mind.

Jongin sighed.

But then, a place popped into his mind and Jongin’s eyes flew open.

He couldn’t… Could he?

Jongin doesn’t think that it was possible since they was no reason for Sehun to be there but not wanting to risk any chances and further putting the wedding on hold, Jongin drove as quickly as he could to the airport.

 

‘Honey, I’m going to go to the toilet for a while. And when I come back we can go inside, yeah?’

Sehun smiled up at his mother and nodded his head. He watched as she disappeared amongst the throng of people before turning back to look at his phone in his hand that he had switched off earlier.

He leaned his elbows on his knees before burying his head in his hand. How did the past few months of planning for the wedding end up this way? He was so excited to be spending the rest of his life with Yejin so why is he running away now? Was he not ready like what his mom had said?

No. He knows deep in his heart that he’s ready. And he’s sure he’s in love with her.

Maybe he could still go to the wedding and tell everyone he had an emergency he couldn’t escape from thus why he was late. Maybe he could do that. But, who was he kidding, Yejin probably realized what was happening right now and must be pissed at him for doing this.

She must be crying right now...

He shook his head trying to get the image out of his head. He’s made his decision and he’s not going to let anything change it.

‘Sehun!’

He lifted his head to see Jongin running towards him before stopping right in front of him, trying to catch his breath and the expression on his face immediately hardened.

‘I’ve been looking everywhere for you! What the hell, man?’ Jongin shouted. ‘What the are you trying to do?’

Sehun didn’t say anything as he continued looking at Jongin with no expression and Jongin’s eyebrows furrowed as he realized what that look meant.

‘Are you serious? Are you really doing this?’ Jongin asked incredulously. ‘You’re seriously running away on your wedding day?’ Sehun was still silent and Jongin’s frown deepened. ‘Why?’

A humourless chuckle escaped from Sehun’s mouth before his eyes turned cold as he looked at Jongin. ‘Why don’t you ask yourself that?’

‘What?’

He waited for Sehun to say something again but he went back to being silent and Jongin couldn’t wait any longer. ‘Look, whatever the problem is, let’s settle it later. Let’s get you to the hotel right now.’ He said reaching for Sehun’s luggage but as soon as his hand touched the handle, Sehun spoke up.

‘Get your hand off of my bag.’

Sehun was glaring at Jongin and he was so clueless as of what to do at this moment. He had always knew Sehun had always been a little headstrong and wouldn’t change his mind when he’s decided something but couldn’t Yejin be an exception?

‘Sehun, everyone is waiting for you. Yejin is waiting for you!’ Jongin frowned. ‘Are you really going to leave her waiting for you at the altar? Are you really leaving her on the most important day of her life?’

Sehun looked away from him then and he knew that talking about Yejin must’ve swayed his heart a little if from how his face fell a little was any indication. But the guy was still stubborn, not moving from his spot on the chair and Jongin will do anything to break the guy and finally get him to realize the mistake he was about to make.

‘Why are you doing this, Sehun? Why are you breaking her heart this way? What the hell are you thinking right now?’ Jongin shouted.

‘You want to know why?’ Sehun replied, finally standing up. His figure looming in front of Jongin with his icy cold glare directed right at him and if it was any other person, they would’ve been easily intimidated. But, since it’s Jongin, he had only returned the icy gaze right back at him. ‘Why don’t you take a good look in the mirror, Jongin? You’ll find your answer there.’

Jongin should’ve guessed. He should’ve known that his presence had been a factor to this decision Sehun made. It really was a mistake, him coming back here.

‘I’m sorry,’ Jongin started. ‘If me coming back here, screwed everything up for you two. But, I won’t be a bother anymore. I’m going back home as soon as the wedding ends and I promise, I’m not going to come back.’

Sehun shook his head, his arms crossed over his chest. ‘I don’t trust you.’

‘If you don’t want to trust me, that’s fine. I’ll prove it to you. But, Sehun, come on! You’re getting married to Yejin! The girl that you have loved since college!’

Sehun’s eyes widened slightly, surprised that Jongin had known about his feelings from all those years ago even when he had never said anything to the guy.

‘You have loved her for so long, Sehun. Please, don’t do this.’ Jongin reasoned. ‘She’s waiting for you.’

He stared at Jongin’s face and only found sincerity written all over it. Sehun really do love Yejin and he felt his gut twist in remorse when her face appeared in his mind. Just as his guard was starting to go down, the reason to why he made this decision countered his thoughts.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and shook his head. ‘I can’t.’

Jongin was taken aback by Sehun’s reply. Out of all the things he had imagined Sehun would reply with, he certainly wasn’t expecting that. He wondered if he had misheard it but then Sehun repeated it again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter