Five

If It Was Easy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#5

 

Jongin stared at his son sleeping peacefully on the bed and he caressed the boy’s head softly. He’s always loved seeing the way his son sleeps. His mom had said that Taeoh looks exactly like him when he sleeps more so than when he’s awake and it made Jongin smile.

He loves his son more than he’s ever loved anything nor anyone in this world and he doesn’t want to imagine what his life would’ve been like if Taeoh had never come into this world.

Even if he did lose Yejin for it to happen, he doesn’t regret having Taeoh. Ever.

‘What are you going to do about this, Jongin?’

Jongin looked up towards his mom who was sitting at the foot of the bed and he shook his head before turning back to look at his son. ‘I don’t know, mom.’

‘Well, you are going to explain everything to her, aren’t you?’ she asked again and Jongin let out a huge breath as he shrugged his shoulders.

‘I came here to do just that the other day,’ he started. ‘But, when I saw how happy she is and how great her life is going, I don’t even know anymore.’ Jongin looked up to look at his mom. ‘She’s getting married next weekend and what if everything that I tell her changes that? I do not want to do that to her.’

His mom scooted closer to him and grabbed his hand tightly in hers. ‘I understand where you’re coming from, sweetheart. But, she deserves an explanation, doesn’t she? Especially now that she found out about Taeoh, I’m sure she is extremely confused about everything.’

Jongin stayed silent and looked down at Taeoh sleeping. His mom turned his head to face her gently and she rubbed his cheeks lovingly before saying, ‘Tell her everything, Jongin. And I promise you, everything will be fine.’

She leaned in and planted a kiss on top of his head before she got up leaving Jongin to ponder on his own thoughts.

As he was trying to decide on a decision, his phone buzzed and he looked at it to see a message from Sehun;

“Can we meet up right now?”

 

 

As Sehun made his way back home that night, he couldn’t stop thinking about all the new information Jongin had just told him. His mind was processing everything and it honestly was just mind-boggling to him.

All his questions about what happened had been answered by Jongin and now he doesn’t know what he should do with all the information he had gotten. Why does everything that he do ended up with things blowing up in his face?

He had sent the invitation to Jongin and had brought all of this upon them and now he was the one who asked Jongin to explain about everything and when he knew the truth, he suddenly has a very strong feeling that everything was about to change.

As he entered the apartment, he went straight to the bedroom and slowly sat at the edge of the bed on the side where Yejin was sleeping. He stared at her still swollen face after all the crying she did after the encounter with Jongin and his son and he remembered how heartbroken he had gotten when Yejin clung tightly onto him as her tears wouldn’t stop falling.

It had made him so angry at Jongin for doing that to Yejin that he had immediately sent a text to meet up as soon as Yejin had fallen asleep.

As he got into bed that night, he couldn’t stop thinking about Jongin request’s from earlier. He looked at Yejin again before he closed his eyes and decided to deal with everything tomorrow and wrapped his arm tightly around Yejin’s waist.

 

 

Sehun sat at the dining table as he watched Yejin preparing breakfast for the both of them in the kitchen. She was surprisingly cheery that morning and it left Sehun wondering what is going on in her head to make her change completely from the emotional wreck she was last night.

Yejin hummed a tune as she plated the breakfast she made and brought it to the table to set Sehun’s plate right in front of him. She sat in the seat right next to Sehun’s and started digging into her food immediately not noticing the curious glance Sehun was giving her.

‘Yejin, are you okay?’

Yejin looked up from her food at Sehun and gave him a smile as she nodded her head. ‘I am fine, Sehun. Don’t worry.’

‘Are you sure? Because you would only do this kind of thing when you’re usually bothered by something.’ Sehun saw Yejin’s smiled faltered a little and he reached forward to grab her hand. ‘Yejin, don’t keep things to yourself. Why can’t you tell me what’s bothering you?’

‘Nothing is bothering me, Sehun. Can you please just drop it?’

Sehun pulled his hand away and leaned back into his seat as he stared at her knowingly. He crossed his arms across his chest and said, ‘It doesn’t look like it.’

Yejin sighed before she set her fork down and rubbed her face with her hands. ‘You can’t do this to me, Sehun. Asking me to tell you what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter