Four

If It Was Easy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#4

 

Yejin entered the lecture hall and gulped when eyes turned to look at her before they turned back to what they were doing and Yejin turned her gaze to the front of the hall only to realize the lecturer was not there yet and she sighed in relief. She walked inside and saw there was an empty seat near the back of the class and she made her way to it, her eyes not bothering to look at her classmates just yet.

She is too nervous to be making friends at the moment. Even though she knows she has to make some soon because she sure as hell can’t survive college without making any friends.

As she sat down, she wondered if she’ll even be able to make some since she doesn’t really know how to make any. She’s not really good at making friends as she’s not that talkative to people she just met and doesn’t know how to carry a conversation properly. Having survived high school was miraculous enough with barely any friends and even the ones she had were just mere acquaintances than friends.

She decided to make this chapter of her life a new start, a new Lee Yejin who knows how to make friends and is interesting and goes to hang out with her friends often. She needs to step out of her comfort zone and she hopes she’ll find someone who can help her to do just that.

As she took out her notebook and pen, she heard someone pulling the chair next to hers before they plopped down into the seat with a sigh. She turned to look at him and she froze in her seat when she realized how good-looking the person next to her was.

His fair skin contrasted perfectly with his dark-raven hair that looks almost blue under the bright fluorescent lights in the lecture hall. His face is so perfectly carved that he almost looked unreal and she wondered if the guy had just jumped out of the pages of a manga because it doesn’t make sense for a person to look that way.

He must’ve sensed her gaze when he turned to look at her and she felt another blow to her confidence when she realized he’s even more beautiful when you see his face from the front. He gave her a small smile that is almost shy and she felt her mind reeling a little finding that expression too innocent on a face like that.

‘Hi,’ he started. ‘I hope you don’t mind me seating here.’

‘No.’ she replied and cursed internally when her voice broke off a little at the end. She cleared and attempted to smile. ‘I don’t mind.’

The guy nodded once before turning to look forward and Yejin took one last glance at his profile before she turned forward too. It felt like hours with them both just sitting there and not talking to each other and she knows that in reality only seconds had ticked by. The atmosphere was so awkward with both of them trying to decide whether or not they should start a conversation with the other.

Yejin decided that this was the time for her to try and make friends and told herself that she should just introduce herself. There’s nothing wrong with that, right? She took a deep breath and let it out slowly and counted to three before turning to him.

‘I’m sorry, this is so awkward.’ The guy cut her to it and chuckled. 'This feels like first day of high school all over again.’

Yejin chuckled a little too when she heard the guy do the same. ‘Yeah, tell me about it.’

‘I’m Sehun, by the way,’ he smiled and started to reach his hand out before he hesitated and pulled it back slightly. ‘Do people still do this?’ he asked and Yejin found herself chuckling again.

‘I don’t mind doing it the traditional way.’ She replied and clasped her hand around his and shook it. ‘I’m Yejin.’

‘The lecturer’s a little late, don’t you think?’ Sehun said as he glanced down at his watch before turning his gaze back to the front of the hall.

‘I swear, if someone comes in half an hour later and tells us that this class is cancelled, I’m totally going to flip.’ Yejin huffed and Sehun laughed at her words.

Conversation started flowing easily between the two as they started to compare their schedules and realized they had a couple of classes together. Yejin didn’t know whether she should feel happy or terrified of that fact because she’s glad that at least she’ll have someone familiar with her for those classes but then again will she be able to concentrate with Sehun being there? She shook those thoughts away and decided that everything will work out fine and that she should be glad she’s made one friend now.

As they started to talk more about their classes, someone pulled out the chair next to Sehun’s and sat down with a huge huff as he leaned back into the chair and both Sehun and Yejin turned to look at the guy.

‘I thought I was late,’ he panted. ‘Thank god, I’m not.’ He took a deep breath to steady his breathing before he turned to Sehun and proceeded to glare at him and Yejin found herself staring at the guy shamelessly. ‘Why didn’t you wake me up?’

Sehun scoffed as he rolled his eyes. ‘I think my voice might have woken up the whole dorm but you were sleeping like a dead log.’

‘No, I wasn’t.’ The guy replied, frowning, as he stared at Sehun. ‘Was I?’

Sehun snorted and leaned into his chair. ‘Your alarm went off twice and both times you didn’t wake up. And I tried to wake you up about five times but you were out cold.’

‘Damn, how tired was I yesterday…’ the guy muttered and Sehun just shook his head before turning to Yejin.

‘That’s Jongin, my roommate.’

Yejin’s eyes widened as she stared at the two and couldn’t fathom how two good-looking guys can be paired in the same room. Did the management take one look at them and thought ‘They’re really handsome maybe we should put them in a room together and let this amount of handsomeness kill all mankind’?

Okay, maybe Yejin was being a little dramatic.

But really, Jongin is just as handsome as Sehun if not more. No, actually they’re both good-looking in their own way.

Where Sehun is all perfect and sharp, Jongin is soft and more ethereal-like. His face is softer but at the same time they were more mysterious and his skin a golden chocolatey tan that is oh-so-y and those eyes, darn, Yejin could just stare into them all her life and wouldn’t ever get bored. If she thought Sehun is a guy from the manga, then Jongin is the type-A guy that all writers imagine as the main role in their romance novels.

This is crazy, Yejin thought. They couldn’t have possibly exist. Maybe she’s just dreaming about all this.

Yejin winced in pain after she pinched herself and the two boys turned to look at her.

‘You alright, there?’ Sehun asked and Yejin smiled sheepishly as she nodded her head still baffled at the fact that it was not a dream.

Jongin stared at her before he leaned forward and smiled and Yejin found herself wondering how that mysterious looking guy earlier suddenly turned into this cute, adorable guy with just a smile on his face.

‘Hi, I’m Jongin.’

‘Yejin.’ She replied and threw him a small smile back to which he returned with a brighter smile and Yejin found herself speechless at how beautiful he looked.

‘Nice to meet you, Yejin.’ He said and Yejin only nodded as a reply.

Jongin was about to say more when someone suddenly walked into the lecture hall, making the room fall dead silent.

‘I’m sorry to inform you but the class is cancelled and will only start next week. Thank you.’ The woman said before exiting just as swiftly as she had entered.

‘Are you kidding me?’ Jongin groaned as he leaned his head back onto the seat. ‘I rushed for nothing.’

Sehun patted his friend’s arm before turning to Yejin. ‘Are you going to flip now?’

Yejin laughed. ‘I might, but I think I’d rather go back to bed than do that.’ She replied as she stuffed her notebook back into her bag.

‘I like the way you think.’ Jongin said and Yejin just smiled.

As the three of them exited the hall along with the other students, Yejin turned to the boys and saw the two talking to each other and she decided that she should probably just leave quietly and not bother them. As she took a couple steps away, she heard Sehun calling her name and she turned to see him jogging towards her with Jongin following closely behind.

‘Where are you going?’

‘Library. Why?’

‘We were going to go have our breakfast. Do you want to join us?’ Sehun asked and Yejin stared at the two completely not expecting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter