Three

If It Was Easy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#3

 

Sehun couldn’t focus at work the whole morning as he couldn’t stop thinking about what Yejin had told him that morning.

Jongin had showed up at her office.

That means that he is back in the city.

That he is here, somewhere near.

Sehun leaned back into his chair and sighed. He doesn’t know what to feel about that even though Jongin being back here had been his doing. He was the one who sent the wedding invitation to him.

But, he didn’t know that the address he’d written was even the correct one.

He had managed to get it from an old friend from college that somehow Jongin was still in contact with and Sehun had also managed to get his phone number.

But that was years ago, and Sehun had just gambled when he sent the invitation to that address not knowing whether Jongin was still living there at all.

He remembered when he’d first gotten the address and phone number, he had an internal conflict on whether he should reach out to him or not. He missed Jongin and really wanted to know what he has been doing for all those time they’d lost contact but at the same time he was so hurt when the guy left just like that and cut off ties completely with him.

He knew Jongin leaving had made Yejin a horrible mess but so was Sehun.

Jongin was his best friend and they would do almost everything together and for him to just leave, hurt Sehun terribly. Especially when he found out that he was in contact with some of their old friends but not with him.

Sehun pulled out his phone from his pocket and searched through his contacts until his eyes landed on Jongin’s name. He contemplated for a while on what he should do as he stared at the number and at the last second, his finger tapped on the call button right next to it.

The number rang and rang for quite a while and just when Sehun thought that it was the wrong number and wanted to hang up, he answered.

‘Hello?’ a gruff voice that probably was because Sehun’s call had woken him up greeted him and Sehun went still when he recognized the voice.

‘Hello?’ Jongin said again, this time rather annoyed and Sehun snapped out of his trance and cleared his throat.

‘Kim Jongin.’ He called out and the other line went silent.

Sehun waited for Jongin to reply and after a while, he heard shuffling on the other end and then;

‘Oh Sehun?’

 

 

Yejin waited for Sehun once again in front of the building. She pulled out her phone and pressed the home button to look at the time and realized that he was ten minutes late.

She put her phone back in her bag and looked around only to see a familiar car pulling up right in front of her building and Yejin sighed as she approached it.

As she got closer, the passenger side window rolled down and she froze when the face that greeted her was a face that she was still not used to seeing.

Jongin smiled up at her and even after all these years, his smile still had the same effect on her. The butterflies in her tummy, the racing heartbeat, it was all still there.

And then Sehun’s face appeared next to Jongin’s and Yejin felt her heart almost leapt out of her chest.

‘Yejin-ah, I’m sorry I’m late. This guy right here took forever to get to my office.’ Sehun grinned as he pointed to Jongin.

Yejin’s gaze turned back to Jongin and under the smile he was putting on his face, she saw how slightly uncomfortable he was.

‘Come on, get in.’ Sehun smiled before rolling up the window.

As she got in, Yejin had never been this confused before in her life. Her eyes wandered to Sehun who was grinning widely and talking rapidly and Jongin who was replying to everything he says while looking out the window excitedly as they made their way down the street.

It somehow felt like she had just taken a time travel machine back to all those years ago in college when things were exactly like this.

‘Oh, Yejin,’ Sehun turned around when they stopped at a red light. ‘Hope you don’t mind I invited Jongin to join our dinner. Thought it’d be nice if we all could catch up after all these years.’

She heard Jongin cleared his throat awkwardly and Yejin smiled at Sehun even though on the inside, she felt like throwing herself out of the car and running away from how awkward she was feeling too. ‘Yeah, sure.’ She said.

Sehun nodded and flashed her that smile she loved the most. ‘Cool.’

He then turned back around to focus on the road when the light turned green. ‘Now let’s get some food!’ he shouted excitedly and Yejin couldn’t help but laugh.

 

 

It was weird.

It had been so long since the last time the three of them hung out together and get dinner like this but it felt like things had never changed between them. It was as if Jongin had never left and they had never separated at all for the last five years.

The conversations flowed easily between them and even though at the beginning Yejin felt kind of cautious on how the night would go, but now, even she was laughing out loud at all the memories they were all reminiscing about. And she felt kind of silly to worry about nothing.

‘Do you remember that time when we all fell asleep in the corner of the library and then got locked inside when they closed?’ Sehun spoke up and both Jongin and Yejin nodded their heads.

Jongin grinned. ‘And we survived on Yejin’s snacks and sweets that she always carried in her bag.’ He said as he eyed Yejin and the other chuckled.

‘I always told you guys that those snacks were for emergencies and see? It helped us that night. Thank god your taunting didn’t stop me from carrying them in my bag.’ Yejin replied and took a sip of her drink.

‘That was one of the memories I wouldn’t be able to forget.’ Sehun said and the others nodded, agreeing with him. ‘Ever.’

‘Yeah,’ Yejin sighed. ‘It was a great night.’ She smiled as she remembered all the events that happened during their “sleepover” in the library. They had a lot of fun that night. They danced, they played around, laughed their heads off and then there was that other special moment she’ll always keep close to her heart.

It was also the night when Jongin told her he loved her for the first time.

Her smile turned sad in a flash and her eyes wandered over to Jongin only to see him staring into his glass with the same sad look on his face. When his eyes met hers, she knew he was thinking of the same thing too.

Yejin averted her gaze towards Sehun and fl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter