Two

If It Was Easy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#2

 

As she stared at the man standing just a couple of feet in front of her, Yejin found all the words stuck in . There were so many things she wanted to say and ask but it was all too overwhelming for her.

His presence itself was overwhelming.

‘How have you been?’ Jongin asked.

As the words registered in her head, she suddenly felt angry at him. How dare he ask her that question after all that he’s put her through. All those nights, crying over her broken heart, wondering what she did wrong and what was it that made him changed his mind about her. All those dark thoughts that kept her up most nights as she thought about him and here he is asking her how she was doing?

He had no right.

Yejin wanted to lash out at him, tell him to get the hell away from her and leave her alone but she couldn’t do it. She’s at the office and she has a reputation to maintain, and being the soft-hearted girl that she is, she just couldn’t find it in her to be cold to him.

‘I’ve been great.’ Yejin replied with a slight smile. ‘What are you doing here?’

Jongin shrugged his shoulders. ‘I just… wanted to see you.’

His words left her dumfounded and Yejin scoffed. ‘See me?’ Jongin nodded and Yejin raised an eyebrow. ‘After five years, you just suddenly wanted to see me?’

A guilty expression made its way on Jongin’s face and Yejin waited to hear his reply. He was quiet for a while as he thought on what to reply and having Yejin burning him down with a stare was not helping him at all.

He chuckled awkwardly and nodded his head. ‘Yeah.’

Jongin saw Yejin’s face darkened and her eyes became dull as she stared at him while shaking her head slightly.

‘You should leave, Jongin. I need to get back to work.’ Yejin told him and turned to walk away.

‘Yejin, wait!’ Jongin called out and she stopped in her tracks to turn around and look at him. ‘I… I came here to apologize.’

Yejin stared at him and waited for whatever else he wanted to say. It was obvious how nervous he actually was under that cool façade he put on. She was together with him for all those years throughout college, of course she would know him front and back.

He started fiddling with his hands and Yejin knew there was so much that he wanted to say but he doesn’t know where to start.

And she was not going to wait for it.

‘Look Jongin,’ Yejin started. ‘I’m at work right now. And whatever it is that you want to say, it’s not important enough for me to be seen here talking with you. It would be very unprofessional of me. So please, I have to get back to work.’

Yejin took a couple steps away from him when Jongin said something that made her froze in place. She turned around and looked at him in disbelief.

‘What did you say?’

Jongin looked at her with a sad smile playing on his lips. ‘I got the invitation. That’s why I’m here.’

It couldn’t have been possible, Yejin thought. She threw it away, she remembered that she did so. So how did he get one?

And then she realized that there was only one other way an invitation could’ve been sent.

Sehun.

 

 

Sehun opened the door to the apartment and sighed in relief when he saw her seating on the couch.

‘Thank god, you’re here.’ Sehun said as he entered the apartment and took off the coat he was wearing. ‘I was worried about you.’

Sehun walked further inside and set his bag on a nearby chair before he plopped down on the couch next to her. ‘Why didn’t you tell me you were going to go home first? I waited for you for half an hour before Jenny told me you left early.’

He leaned back further into the couch and sighed as he closed his eyes. As he sat there, he finally realized the silence that was engulfing the entire apartment and how Yejin had not replied to anything he said since the moment he walked in. He opened his eyes and turned to look at her and he saw the tight expression she had on her face as she stared at the muted tv.

He felt the tense aura that was radiating off of her and he knew something happened. And it most likely involved him since she couldn’t even look at him.

‘Yejin-ah, what’s wrong?’

She drew in a deep breath before she turned to face him and he was intimidated at the very cold look she had on her face.

‘Why didn’t you tell me?’

Sehun was confused, very confused. ‘Tell you what?’

‘You know exactly what it is that you kept from me, Sehun. Why wouldn’t you say anything to me?’

His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to think of a reason but he couldn’t think of any and he looked at Yejin questioningly.

Yejin shook her head and stood up. ‘You sent him an invitation?’

And everything finally dawned on him. He should’ve realized it. He should’ve seen from the straight set of her shoulders earlier that Jongin was the problem.

Sehun sighed. ‘Yejin,’ he sat up and looked at her. ‘What’s the big deal?’

Yejin turned to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter