One

If It Was Easy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#1

 

Yejin stared at the wedding invitation she had in her hand, flipping it over a couple of times as she wondered on what she should do about it.

She sighed heavily and ran her hand through her hair as she stared at it, the weight of the envelope getting heavier in her hand. She had made up and changed her mind countless times in the past half an hour and it is driving her nuts.

After a few minutes, Yejin stood up and made her way out of her office and towards the pantry, heading straight to the trashcan and she stood there for a few seconds calming her racing heart. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly before she pushed the invitation right into the flap.

Yejin took a step backwards as she stared at the trashcan and somehow she felt lighter and she smiled slightly before she walked away, back towards her office.

 

 

Yejin stood in front of her office building and looked around waiting for her significant other to appear. She looked down at the watch she was wearing and realized five minutes had passed and he was still nowhere to be seen. She sighed and turned to walk back inside to wait in the lobby when she heard her name called out.

‘Yejin!’

She turned around and was immediately engulfed into a hug and she found herself laughing. Yejin pushed him away playfully and smacked his shoulders.

‘You were late.’ She pouted.

‘I’m sorry, sweetheart.’ Sehun replied with an apologetic smile. ‘I was about to leave work when my boss wanted to see me in his office. I’m really sorry.’

Yejin narrowed her eyes at him and Sehun made a sad puppy-dog face at her which he knew would melt her faster than an ice cream during summer.

‘Okay, I trust you.’ Yejin nodded. ‘But, you owe me a hot Caramel Macchiato from my favourite café.’

Sehun raised an eyebrow at her request. ‘You mean the one that takes an hour drive from here?’

Yejin nodded. ‘The one and only.’

Sehun bent down a little so that his head was aligned with hers and leaned forward until their noses were almost touching. ‘You know I’d do anything for you.’

She rolled her eyes and pushed his head away. ‘Stop being disgusting, Oh Sehun. It doesn’t work on me anymore.’

Sehun chuckled and grabbed her hand as they started to make their way down the street. ‘But it once did, didn’t it? I mean, you said yes because of it.’

Yejin was silent as she bit on her lip, holding back her smile and Sehun who saw it, found his answer.

‘And that is exactly why you can stop now. I’m already marrying you anyway.’

Sehun grinned at her words, loving the fact that she is going to be officially his in less than two weeks and he pulled his hand away from hers only to wrap it around her shoulder and pulling her snug towards him.

‘I’ll never stop, Yejin.’ He said and placed a kiss on top of her head. ‘That I promise you.’

Yejin made a puking noise and Sehun laughed out loud. She likes to act like she is disgusted with all of his cheesy moves and words but deep inside, it makes her heart beat wildly in her chest and ache in an extremely good way that it feels like it could burst anytime.

 

 

Yejin took the last bite of her pizza before she wiped her hands on the leggings she was wearing. Sehun who was laying down with his head on her lap saw it and scrunched up his nose.

‘Classy.’

‘Shut up, you love me anyway.’ Yejin replied as she reached for the papers that was on the coffee table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter