Chapter 8

My English Tutor! [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weird partner.Stalker?or something else?

Where am I?Buildings?Trees?Fragrance of street food?And a food stall with an ahjumma standing right there,serving the two little kids.The figurine of the two kids look familiar somehow.The little boy look familiar ,holding on his sister next to him,likely just learn to walk the toddler girl next to him."Ahjumma!"the voice sounded familiar.

It took me a while to recognize who they were,they were JinYoung and me.Jinyoung first time of bringing me to the food stall that he always said how much nice the ahjumma was by giving him extra food without charging him.I remember it now.But,why is this image appearing?Come to think of it,why haven't we go to the food stall after the first time?I don't really recall of what had happened next?JinYoung bro is so different back then,so caring towards me.

"Hello,little boy,you come again today.Look,who is this little girl next to you?"from a far I could heard what the ahjumma asked little JinYoung and little me.We were so short back then,we could just reach not even half way of the counter ,even tiptoe couldn't reach as well.I always been the tiniest ever since I was little then.This is accurate of why am I being this height only now.

"This is my sister,ahjumma.I bring some extra coins to buy the delicious vegetable pancake,"JinYoung bro shoved off the coins on his hand towards the ahjumma ,showing how much he got.Jinyoung bro is so innocent.

"Here,you go little boy but no need for that much because this is for free,"the ahjumma didn't accept the coins from Jinyoung.Who is that ahjumma?She looks familiar,I swear I seen her somewhere before.

"Aniya,ahjumma.My omma told me that we should not take anything for free.We have to pay for it,"JinYoung bro insisted to pay with the few coins.Jinyoung bro actually was a good boy back then.I really don't quite remember it.

"Okay.Such a good boy,then ahjumma will reward you with extra pancakes for you and your sister,"the kind ahjumma handed the pancakes for little JinYoung and little me.

Why am I don't remember anything about it yet why is this image appearing as I don't remember it?

"Here,Chaengie have a taste of it,Be careful it is hot,"JinYoung give a small bites for the little me.I really so tiny back then ,just around JinYoung 's pelvic. "Delicious!"I remember it now,the first word I learn from JinYoung bro is 'delicious' .He brought me to eat a delicious vegetable pancakes.

Now to think of it,the taste still recall in my mind,I couldn't forget it.

"Look,big bro,I got flower on my hand,"the little me showed off something on my little arm.

"It's a sticker,Chaengie.A flower sticker,"JinYoung corrected me,but who is it giving me the sticker?Somehow,the memories of what happen that time just seem blurry for me,just a little of it I could recall.

Until now,I still couldn't figure out where is the sticker come from.

 

An alarm sound loudly and piercing ear coming from the cellphone,ChaeYoung became conscious from her dreamland.She yawn while adjusting her sight of the surrounding,so,it is a same dream again.This is the fourth time in a week now not to mention the last week as well.Ever since I came back to here,the dream keep repeating in my mind all over and over.Chaeyoung stretches her body after getting up from the bed.

 

It had been almost two weeks now ever since ChaeYoung return to Korea due to the transfer student programme.Everything is just fine ,the landlady is so nice to her that she finds out some familiar feeling towards her that she couldn't understand herself as well.As well as a lousy student that ChaeYoung had accept due to the compensation matter.It is almost 10 lessons now ChaeYoung given MinSoo for the English language excluding the other few days when MinSoo having excuses that he had something to do that they cancel the lesson ,as well sometimes ChaeYoung had some assignments to do with her partner,Yongguk until night shift.Yet, MinSoo show a little bit of improvement through the 10 lessons only,still haven't good enough to speak in English properly.Not as bad as before at least.

 

Throughout these two weeks in Korea living far away from her hometown,ChaeYoung had slowly get use with it,meeting new friends such as Sana and her sister who both are in the Dance department but taking the different course.Sana more likely a hyperactive and blunt attitude who is in modern freestyle dance course while her sister more likely an introvert and sentimental person,ChaeYoung haven't know much about her yet,the only thing she knows is that Sana's sister is a talented ballerina with graceful movements.With the help of Sana,Chaeyoung’s Korean had slowly improve as well.Not as weird sound as her first time anymore.She speak more fluently now.

 

Within these two weeks,ChaeYoung have a same dream all over and over that reflecting her childhood memories.The last memories she have in Korean before moving to Canada whereas her eldest brother brought her to a food stall to taste some delicious vegetable pancakes.Just right after ChaeYoung have a taste of the landlady's cooks,she starts to have the same dream over and over.Sometimes,even dreamt a sticker from an unknown that she hadn't yet puzzle out.

 

Leaving the house as soon as ChaeYoung receive a message from Yongguk about the partner assignment.The assignment is actually to pass up in the previous week yet their lecturer giving some more time for them to do a proper job with it as she highly expecting more from the two genius in the university.

 

"Come over to the class right now.Something to discuss with you for the assignment,"a message send from Yongguk to ChaeYoung mentioning about the assignment.Immediately,ChaeYoung shift in her laptop and needed stuffs into the backpack in rush she storm out from her room after receiving the message.

 

ChaeYoung actually learn something from Yongguk,not to judge a book from its cover.Within the weeks that the two partnership together for the assignment,ChaeYoung discover out that Yongguk isn't of what she seen he is.She get to know Yongguk what kind of person he is from Sana just right on the day when Yongguk interrupted her talk with Sana two weeks ago at the university.

 

-------------A week ago---------------

"Hey,ChaeYoung,here the software that you will need for this time assignment ,"Yongguk handed a pendrive to ChaeYoung with a useful software inside for her to copy to her laptop while ChaeYoung was with Sana after class.He stopped by them.Sana was just right there as well.Little did she know,she recognized Yongguk was one of the top student in the university.

"You are the genius of graphic design,Bang Yongguk,right?"Sana blurted out after noticing who was Yongguk.

"Genius?What are you talking about,Sana?"ChaeYoung confused by the sudden reaction from Sana when saw Yongguk.Since she was new in the university,ChaeYoung didn't really know who was Yongguk.It was only the student who origin from the university will know about the genius of graphic design with a few awards before with his design works.Every piece of his work was masterpiece that it happened ago someone would like to buy his copyrighted of the graffiti he designed for one of the monthly exhibition at an expo of Art.Yet,Yongguk refused that person.It was an hot issue back then around the university that Yongguk refused the person,it was a good opportunity for him.

“He is the genius in his department.Everyone in the university even from different department know about him,”Sana said it in eagerness to Chaeyoung about her partner isn’t a simple person.

Chaeyoung startled staring at her partner,never did she expected that she will be working with other genius like her,Now,to think of it,no wonder the first day when he help me to defend he mention about ‘we’,so that is what he mean by that.It explains it now why he would talk informally to Mrs.Kim while no one even dare to reprimanded him that day.

“Hey,I don’t like it here.Your friend talk too much.She is nosy.Just sent me a message when you done installing the software inside.I will tell you what to do next,”Yongguk get irritated by Sana’s bluntness,pointing at her of being nosy.

“I am not!”Sana pouted for being call as nosy.

“Whatever.It doesn’t matter as well,”he leave rudely not even felt bad after mocked someone of being nosy.

Sana disregarded being treat by Yongguk rudely,”He is so rude.I don’t like him.What is the big deal of being genius in the university.I got a friend who is a genius too and she doesn’t like him at all,”she threw her arm around Chaeyoung’s shoulder and pull her in.In startled state,Chaeyoung turned to Sana.

“How did you know about me that I’m one of the top student as well?”

“Ah,about that.I heard some of your course ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter