Chapter 10

My English Tutor! [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flowers

A week ago

“Vowel should be used an, which mean any nouns begin with a,e,i,o,u should use the ‘an’ for the article and ‘the’ should be use in a few or big amount-urgh!This is frustrating.English is !I’m a Korean,my native language isn’t English at all.Why does I have to take English?This is so regretful,I should have think before I choose the language ,”MinSoo complained while in the middle of revising.He dropped his head down to the study table when noticed a lot of papers still waiting for him,”Argh!”

 

It was a frustrating day for MinSoo as Chaeyoung had given him a lot of extra English exercises that he could not figure out the answer and felt lazy to search for the answer as well.Shifted all aside the papers ,MinSoo placed his laptop on the study table to get rid of his so call stressed by playing online games with his friends.

 

“When stress at the highest,just know it only will go down by playing games,”he recreated his own quote to give an excuse for him to be slothful,get rid of the papers,”Now,let’s see who is online right now?”he checked out on his computer screen ,the chat bar if someone was online to play with him.Yet,when he touched the mouse as he was about to click on of the icon of the chat bar,the papers that he had been shifted away on the side distracting him.

 

 “Plus,if I'm your mum.I will be so disappointed to have a son like you.Dont you know the proverbs,action speaks louder than words,despite of speaking you want to pass the exam yet I didn't see any improvements you are making for it.I-mo is so unfortunate to have such a pathetic son like you," Chaeyoung’s previous words distracted his mind especially when she humiliated him by using his mum.To prove that he wasn’t a pathetic son as Chaeyoung mentioned,he get rid his laptop by taking back the papers that he had shove away just now.Bang Min Soo,you shouldn’t lose to a shortie,I will prove that she is wrong to say that I’m pathetic son.I’m a filial son to my mum,placed back the books and papers in front of him and study.

 

Yet,it wasn’t as easy as he thoughts with his slothful behaviour and no passion towards English,just within a few minutes he returned as sloth as he was in the beginning,”English is hard,”started to complain again as he settled down his head on the table.Despite of his age who should be in college now even a year older to Chaeyoung if he had passed his SAT in 2 years ago,he will be her senior already if he hadn’t fail the exam all over,MinSoo still an immature youth who always seek out an excuse for himself to slack off from study.

 

“Perhaps,it is time for me to take a break,”he checked out the time on the cellphone,stretching like he had been sitting for almost hours yet it was just a few minutes passed since he first take out his books.Without hesitation that he get away from the study table with the messing on his table to be seen like he had studying hard just in case his mum barge into his room to check him out again.

“I should get something for my stomach to heal,”hearing his growling stomach,another excuse for him to slack off.”I wonder what is for lunch today?”like a kid who always look up for the lunch break,he stormed out from his room to downstairs to checked out the meal for lunch time before he proceeds to downstairs,something caught his sight.

 

Chaeyoung wasn’t at home,yet the door of her room didn’t shut properly,curiosity hit on MinSoo’s mind that he forget as well his growling stomach,perhaps,I should take a look of her room.I’m not intruding,this is just inviting as her door doesn’t close properly as well.I’m the owner as well in the residential,so it will be no problem to understand what is our rental’s up to in their room.It was just his one-sided perspective as he wanted to intrude Chaeyoung’s room in purpose.

 

MinSoo forgets about his hunger and just walk into Chaeyoung’s room,more likely intruding someone privacy,indeed a girl room,the scent and the arrangement of the stuffs.She indeed use the room every spaces properly.Let’s see what do we have here to make fun of her later when she return home,he was just thinking to make fun of Chaeyoung by finding something from her room that he could joke of.The doll on the bed caught his sight,Omo!So,she still having this kind of stuffed toys to sleep with,he took it from the bed to take a proper look of the doll which was quite odd and had been mend with a few thread,this look familiar somehow,a familiar feelings towards the doll,MinSoo felt about it before he put it back to the bed,Nah,every doll look the same.He continued to discover the room by seeking something maybe funny or a little bit secret that Chaeyoung sealed,didn’t want anyone to find out.Since,MinSoo somehow behaves like a big kid who like to prank someone and make fun of them with their secret.He was just a big kid with immature behaviours despite of his age.

 

Oh,what is this?He found a red cover sketch book on the study table,he takes a look of it just as he flip opened it,something fall from the sketch book,What?he picked it up on the ground just as he found out it was a photo of Chaeyoung’s family when she was around 7 years old after moving to Canada.So,it’s a family photo,huh.Let’s see about this,he take a proper look of the family photo,no wonder she is somehow not lady-like,she has a pair of twin brothers,such a rough girl,she should learn to be more girly instead always mocking people like some fierce lady,MinSoo thoughts while still having the family photo on his hand as he discovered something else on the photo,wait,this is her.She’s quite small back then,at least she dressed like a girl back then with two braids.Minsoo eventually slipped back the photo to the sketch book before he further to discover the sketch book with all Chaeyoung’s scribbles on it,she quite good in drawing as well,not bad,as he flipped the pages one by one when it reached to the middle page,something caught his sight and startled ,this,why is it here?15 years if I recall.

Present

Location:Korea University of Arts,Seongbuk-gu

Chaeyoung get to the university a bit earlier than usual as last night she work until the midnight to complete the assignment.She can’t wait to show it to her partner,Yongguk.She had put a lot of effort in it after getting inspiration from the tattoo shop that she had drop by last night.Chaeyoung had locked herself in her room for the whole night to done the assignment,she just had 4 hours of sleep and have to wake up early for the early class.With a sleepy state Chaeyoung is to attend the early class with force.Don’t fall asleep,Son Chaeyoung.Stay in there,she tells herself to awake no matter how sleepy she is.Her stubbornness and tough behaviour are really no joke that she can actually handle it with just 4 hours of sleep.

 

“Hey,you’re early today,”just as ChaeYoung have a look of her laptop,confirming her assignment as if need some more add up or not ,Yongguk had arrive as well with his submissive behaviour towards Chaeyoung.Though the two had been partner since the first day of ChaeYoung attend to the university,their connection between each other aren’t that well going as well as Yongguk is hard to understand by Chaeyoung.She still doesn’t understand why does he want to be her partner at the first place.It wasn’t Chaeyoung’s will to be his partner.Eventually being his partner,yet he doesn’t seem like co-operate with Chaeyoung at all,he just have his own way while leaving Chaeyoung to do her own,it was just sometimes he will maybe give a hand to Chaeyoung with the software or anything but never rally sit properly to discuss like a partner.

 

“Yeah,because I can’t wait to show you this,”Chaeyoung shove her laptop to Yongguk while tap on the play button to play a slideshow with her own work for all night of the assignment.A landscape of a room shown up on the screen with all the details of design with rendering as well just like a real room.The match of the neon solid color with the concrete furniture as well as the attractive light color with the right intense for the theme of concrete design.

 

“So,what do you think about that?”after the slideshow had come to an end,ChaeYoung can’t help but to ask about Yongguk’s opinion about it as she had put a lot of effort in it to figure out to use this kind of design that base on the theme given.Yongguk show no expression yet he is actually quite amuse by the nerve of Chaeyoung to use this kind of color for the design, the breaking rules of using neon color as the solid color for the concrete theme of design instead of dull color.How does she even figure out that?instead of complementing Chaeyoung of what he is actually think,Yongguk just simply nod with the efforts she put in the assignment.

“Not bad,”no praising for Chaeyoung but just a simple statement of not too bad.

“That’s it?”Chaeyoung blinks to expect more than that,Yongguk dodge away the laptop to ChaeYoung act submissively.

Aish,so rude,no compliment in fact just act nothing happen,ChaeYoung feels irritating by how Yongguk treat her,"How's about yours?"she attempt to take a look of Yongguk's design as well but he refuse.

"This is a partner assignment,how do you suppose Mrs.Kim will accept our works if it doesn't look like a cooperation work?"ChaeYoung state for the purpose of the assignment.It is supposedly to work together between partner to see whether the both have teamwork spirit instead Yongguk just have his own while letting ChaeYoung to do her own as well.

"Believe me,it will be correspond our design."

Instead of continue arguing with unreasonable Yongguk,ChaeYoung ignore him,whatever,I will do it my own.So rude,she check the ver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter