Chapter 4

My English Tutor! [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome to Bang!Bang!Homestay.

“Chaeng,Chaeng,wake up,is morning now,”I could heard a voice echoed from somewhere,it sound familiar and close.The voice sound gentle and deep,it’s a man voice.The only man I know will be the three men in my family,dad?No,the voice sound a bit younger not an aged man's voice.JinYoung bro?No,probably not,he won’t be that gentle to me.JaeBum bro,yes,it is probably him,only him will have such a deep voice and being gentle to me instead of teasing me.Nonetheless,what is JaeBum doing in here,Seoul?Isn’t he in Vancouver right now?I want to respond to him ,yet,I couldn't speak out - the voice slowly fade away.I miss them so much.Wait, what is this smell?Full of aroma,the smell of home,mum's cooking.So good to have mum's cooking even in here."Chaengie,wake up for breakfast."I know this voice,is mum."Mum!"

 

An aroma of dishes stir up ChaeYoung from her sleep by calling out her mum.She finally comes to conscious after 10 hours plus of sleeping without wake up to have dinner.The setting is kind of different,nothing like in Canada with wide area of room so do the weather that with blue sky instead of fully white sky.Where am I?This isn't look like my room.My head,touching her head while puzzle out where she is right now in a different setting as she usual wake up.ChaeYoung rubs her eyes and scratching her head to gain more conscious before she notice the difference,oh yeah,I'm in Seoul right now.Not Vancouver.No wonder I feel a bit or strange of the room isn't much like my room at home.She sigh out of relief while stretching her body after a long sleep and yawn before she notice something and jolt from the bed.ChaeYoung checks around the night wear she is wearing isn't the clothes she wore yesterday in the airport,I remember ,no,I'm pretty sure I'm wearing my brown fur leather coat with tight pants yesterday but why is it turning to my rabbit white nightwear?Who did this?Under a trauma ChaeYoung in the state of ,she couldn't remember anything after she feel asleep on MinSoo's shoulder last night.She have been very worn out after 10 hours of flight and then still have to walk by feet,nothing left in her memories right now after she completely worn out and fell asleep last night.This is so embarrassing,trauma,in a foreign country doing something unpleasant ,throwing up at the street and then fell asleep on a guy's shoulder who just met a few hours ago and now,wearing my night wear that I don't even remember I change it myself or someone help me to.So tense!ChaeYoung throw herself back to the bed and covering her face under the pillow herself.

 

Meanwhile,as ChaeYoung was at her room cover from embarrassment ,taking her time to cool down,at the downstairs ,the landlady had cook something for breakfast as a welcome dishes for the new rental.Just some simple dishes with a Korean traditional cuisine such as kimbap,a few plates of side dishes with a soft Tofu stew as breakfast for ChaeYoung.The aroma which stir up ChaeYoung from sleep just now actually came from the land lady's cook."Done!"with satisfying the landlady put her hand together after place it down to the dining table  waiting for ChaeYoung to wash up and dig in.

"Omma,do you have that necessary to do all of these?She is just our rental.We don't need to treat her that excessive.She just live here for 6 months only,after six months ,she will leave too,"the son protest early in the morning of how his mum treating someone else better than treating him."What's more,I don't like her either.She is so troublesome,She only bring bad luck for me.She is a jinx,"he fuss just right in front of his mum.The landlady glance at her son.

"Why are changing 360 degree,son?You aren't like that last night.You are so caring and insist of carrying her until to the couch last night.But why is right now you are fussing around about her?"

"No more,that's yesterday before I found something disgusting she do behind me.Right now,I truly announce that she is a troublesome person,"MinSoo declare right in the moment when ChaeYoung come downstairs while stand in the middle of the stairs.

 

What with that guy?So irritating early in the morning,saying something bad behind me.I change my mind about him again,he is not Mr.Nice but Mr.Irritating dumbo.There's no way we will befriended.Chaeyoung heard everything from the begin to the very end of what MinSoo fuss about her just now.

 

The landlady notice her on the stairs immediately she told her son to shut up,"Shh,now.Don't you have an early class today?"in case to create more uncomfortably in between the two.Minsoo grab his bag from the couch,"Ah,I almost forgot about the class,"in rush he just grip a piece of bread and milk with him and least the house.He doesn't have any idea that ChaeYoung was actually right behind,listening all his fuss about her.

 

It is a awkward circumstance right now in the house after MinSoo leaving,it only left ChaeYoung and the landlady.Mrs.Bang gives a smile of inviting ChaeYoung to come over to have breakfast that she had prepared for her.Remember,ChaeYoung,be polite and respectful to the elders.This is Korean culture,don't use informal statements.Remember to be respectful,ChaeYoung remind herself as she approach to the dining table ,meeting the landlady for the very first time after last night incident.As she have been living in a western country for so long ,so ,she doesn't really know how to greet the elder politely with Korean culture.She is so tense while approaching to the dining table,afraid that she will do something mistakenly while talking with the elder.Chaeyoung worry that she is not good enough in showing respect to the elder.

 

"Come here,sit down,"the landlady throw warm smile to ChaeYoung,inviting her to come have a seat.

"Good morning,madam,"ChaeYoung greet in tense,she uses the false address towards the elder.She should have just greet good morning and drop the madam since madam is something referring to someone who with high status something.

The landlady chuckle to see such a pure youth greet to her with formally.She haven't seen someone like that with pure heart and knowing to respect the elder in these days youth."Good morning.You can just call me,Mrs.Bang or maybe I-mo.Just call me I-mo,this will be more close like a family.I understand how you feel as a young lady to be apart from your home for 6 months will be miserable for you.So,just make yourself here like a home,"the landlady is so nice ,treating ChaeYoung like her daughter.Instead of addressing her by her name,Mrs.Bang ,the landlady allow ChaeYoung to call her as I-mo in which mean maternal aunt which makes her a sister of ChaeYoung's mum will be sound more close like a family.

 

She' is so nice.Somehow,I see mum in her,ChaeYoung hold back her tears when seeing the landlady resemblance her mum a lot.


"Alright,"ChaeYoung politely nods,still in tense she is with the awkward circumstance.She takes a seat ,get amuse by the food in front of her with the ahjumma feels that she have been longing to try some before.After immigrate to western country,Chaeyoung haven’t really taste some Korean cuisine food for real,her mum surely cook sometimes but in a fusion way instead of sticking to the traditional way since have been living in Western country for a while,a little bit of changing with the food isn’t a big surprise afterall.


“No need to be formal.Just make yourself comfortable,”the landlady chuckle when she saw how tense ChaeYoung is.


“Thanks for the food,”ChaeYoung thank in a Korean way before dig into the food.This is constantly Korean culture when eating must be thankful for the food as to show the appreciation towards the food and also the person who cook for them.


“Since you had have a jet lag last night,so,I-mo cook something warm for you to warm your body,”the landlady state the reason she cooks soft tofu stew for today breakfast while seeing ChaeYoung take a sip of the hot soup.


“This is so good,”ChaeYoung point out of how she feels good after having something warm for her stomach after being empty for a whole night.A simple statement from ChaeYoung gives th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter