Chapter 13

My English Tutor! [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who is Orange?

Anxious hits him as he thought something might happen to Chaeyoung.Unknowingly,he turn around the door knob and barge into the room.The first sight he seen as he barge in is Chaeyoung sobbing in front of the laptop.

“What happen Chaeyoung?”MinSoo approach to the tearing Chaeyoung.For all these times since he first met Chaeyoung,she always be the toughest one despite of her size,her self defense from being humiliate is really something unbreakable.Even though she face problem with her assignment,she never give up yet continue to done it no matter what.However,in this circumastance,the Chaeyoung that Minsoo seeing right now look so devastate.Her tears nonstop flowing out through her cheek.

Spiteful to see how Chaeyoung crying,MinSoo doesn’t know what to do as well as this look like how the similar scene in 15 years ago,Chaeyoung,please tell me what happen?

“It’s so hurt,”she whimper while pressing her chest.

“It’s okay.I have ointment from my room.Let me help you to apply some on the bruise,”Minsoo thought Chaeyoung is referring to the bruise on his back ankle.He lifts up the sobbing Chaeyoung’s leg to place it on his thigh as he kneel down to apply the ointment behind her ankle.

“It’s okay.It’s just a little bruise.You will be alright after applying this ointment,”MinSoo coax the crying Chaeyoung,yet her sobbing haven’t yet stop even after applying some ointment of her bruise.

“It’s painful.”

This really defeat MinSoo as he doesn’t actually know what does she mean by painful and hurt even after he apply ointment on her bruise on the ankle.Just like 15 years ago,the little girl who crying over something that Minsoo doesn’t even know what actually happen.He just did a flower for the little girl back then but this time,a flower won’t just help out for this kind of circumstance.

Minsoo feels spiteful to see how Chaeyoung is tearing sadly,”It’s just a little bruise.It will be fine soon,”he still doesn’t know why Chaeyoung is crying of until he notice the glimpse of light from the laptop screen.A message written in English sent from an ID namely Jaebum.As Chaeyoung in this unstable state,MinSoo doesn’t mean to intrude someone privacy by reading someone message but this time is exception because he can’t bear to see how depress Chaeyoung currently is.

Jaebum?Who is this Jaebum guy?The name seem familiar,I heard it somewhere before,MinSoo refers to the laptop screen with an e-mail in English.

 To: [email protected]

From : [email protected]

Subject : Orange

I’m sorry Chaengie.If you read this e-mail,please don’t be too sad.Jaebum bro had try the best to help Orange out when she is sick but she had diagnosed with intestine virus.I attempt to not tell you when Orange had to enrol to the hospital for surgery.I thought Orange will able to overcome it after the second time of surgery however,the little Orange just can’t make it.It’s Jaebum bro’s fault for not able to take good care of Orange.

Chaengie,I’m sorry for the loss of Orange but please,sister,don’t be too sad about it.Please take care of yourself.About Orange’s funeral ,don’t worry about it.We will do it.

Take care ,sis.We love you.

Even though the e-mail that written in English have a few words thatMinSoo don’t understand with yet he still able to read the word sick,surgery , loss and funeral.He finally comprehend what is the reason Chaeyoung is crying.So,that’s the case of why she is crying.No wonder I heard this Jaebum guy name before,that’s her brother she mentioned in years ago.MinSoo attempts to persuade Chaeyoung for feeling devastated after the loss,”Don’t be too sad,Chaeyoung.Orange won’t like to see you like that as well,”he pats her back.Subconscious,MinSoo try to convince Chaeyoung not to be too sad after the loss.

“Your sister,Orange will be in the heaven right now.She is in a peaceful place now,”Minsoo adds.

“My sister?”Chaeyoung turns to MinSoo while sobbing with her eyes all redden and teary.

MinSoo rolls his eyes for the sudden reaction from Chaeyoung,”Yes,your younger sister,Orange?”he is having the wrong idea as he thought the Orange that being mention in the e-mail is a human and Chaeyoung’s younger sister.As he recalls,he just saw an old picture of Chaeyoung with her brothers but not sister,MinSoo assume the Orange mention in the e-mail is Chaeyoung’s little sister.

“But,Orange is a Dachshund ,”Chaeyoung state with her redden eyes,leaving MinSoo to dumbfound for his wrong assumination.What?Orange is a dog?Why would someone name a dog with a fruit name?If that’s the name of a person it’s still acceptable as there’s someone call Apple as well and of course will be Orange too but a dog?Orange?

“A dog?”MinSoo still can’t believe Orange is a dog instead of human.

“Yes,”Chaeyoung sobs.

Is this how a foreigner live?A funeral for a pet like human?How can that be happen?Why would they have a funeral for a pet that had just die.That’s a bizarre one.Not to blame me for wrong assumination of Orange to be a human as the e-mail mention funeral will be all done by her family,the fact Orange is a dog still get in MinSoo for feeling weird towards how a foreigner live with their pet like part of their family members.MinSoo never adopt any pet before as he thought it’s a responsibilities to look after them .Hence,when the e-mail mention of funeral for pet,he feels like a bizarre event to be hold.

“Orange is my pet since I was 10 years old.My parents bought it for  me for my 10 years old birthday as they witness before that how much I like animals especially dog.Orange is just a mini dachshund back then,her size is just like my hand right now,”Chaeyoung get  a grip off of herself from sobbing and start to tell the story of how she first adopt Orange.She simply show how big is Orange just the size of her small hands right now when she was a mini dachshund when her parents brought it home.

“Then ,what happen?Why does Orange need to have surgery for so many times?”MinSoo listens carefully to what Chaeyoung tells before her tears slightly flowing out again when MinSoo mention of surgery.

“Wait,wait,wait,don’t cry.If you don’t want to say it,just don’t,”MinSoo notice how tears start to flow out from Chaeyoung’s eyes.She shook and continue.

“It’s okay,”she pause before continue the story,”Since Orange is getting older and older,her health as well became unstable especially she has a weak intestine.Before I came here,she had a surgery two days ago,yet I have to leave her and not by her side because of the transferring student program.I can’t postpone it.So,Orange just take a rest at home after surgery. I thought she will be alright after that but –“she stammers,miserable when to think of how Orange had gone,”- as you see in the e-mail,”Chaeyoung points out to the laptop screen just as MinSoo had read it earlier.

He slightly nods,knowing that Chaeyoung doesn’t want to continue the sad story of losing Orange,”Don’t be too sad,”in spiteful to see Chaeyoung burst into tears when mention Orange,he takes a piece of tissue from nowhere for her to wipe off her tears.

Regardless of that,MinSoo still dumbfound by the name,it’s just keep interfering in his mind of why is a fruit name become an animal’s name.He can’t help but to stare at Chaeyoung who look more stable now after cry out.

“What is it?Why are you looking me like that?Are you trying to make fun of me in this state?”even though she is sad yet she still speaks in a severe ways when MinSoo stare at her.

“No,I’m not that kind of person who will make fun of someone sadness to my happiness.That’s just so rude,”MinSoo assume to say it or not.

“Then,what is it?”

“It’s just that the name,”he avert his eyes to Chaeyoung who doesn’t comprehend what does he mean.”Isn’t it Orange is a fruit name but why did you name your dog as Orange.It is an animal not fruit.It’s sound weird,”he continues.

“What?”Chaeyoung furrow her brows,dumbfound by MinSoo’s dumb question.”Who said that a fruit name can’t be use in an animal?”

“It’s sound weird somehow,”MinSoo still insist of how weird the name is.

“It’s the same of how you people call an animal Kimchi.This is just the same principle,Orange is being call Orange because of her light brown fur and her round size when she was little.I don’t think it is any problem with it,”even though in the state of devastate,Chaeyoung still need to argue with this dumb MinSoo.

“Kimchi is food not fruit.So,it’s not a problem to be call Kimchi on an animal but Orange is a fruit.Isn’t it more suitable for human than animal?”not given in to argue over the name.

It’s just a name yet MinSoo just argue with Chaeyoung about it.Yet,little does Chaeyoung knows she is now back to normal self,unlike just now who look so down over the loss.She gains herself to arguing with MinSoo again just like they use to do in their first tie of meeting.

“Now,get out from my room.You are just talking nonsense.Instead of coaxing me ,you’re just teasing me,”Chaeyoung try to toss off MinSoo from her room after she feels better and back to normal.

“But,still,I don’t get it there’re thousands of names.Why does you choose Orange?”MinSoo still doesn’t stop of teasing Chaeyoung as he sees that she is back to normal self again.He is being push away by Chaeyoung from her room with her all strength to the doorway.

“Next time,knock before you come in,”Chaeyoung alerts MinSoo for intruding her room this time.

“But I did just now,”MinSoo teases.

“Then,ask for permission before come in,”Chaeyoung feels embarrassing for losing to MinSoo ,so she just come out for another excuses to blame MinSoo for intruding her room without permissions.

“But-“the door close just right before MinSoo want to continue where he had stop by.Instead of annoy by being treating like that,kick off from the room,he doesn’t at all.Yet,a smile form on his face in which is not like him at all.He walk in limp return to his room next door as he kneel down for too long just now to help Chaeyoung to apply on ointment on her bruise as well as kneeling there to listen to Chaeyoung’s story telling.Plus,he walk bare feet to home just now,it’s a little bit of cramp already.Together,MinSoo’s can’t feel his legs anymore that he limps back to room.

Yet,still in happy face.It’s worthy.At least she isn’t sad anymore.If teasing her will make her upset and forget about the sadness,then I don’t mind to play the role as a bad guy of teasing her.

It is all MinSoo’s plan of teasing and arguing over a name with Chaeyoung as he figures of how Chaeyoung for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter