One Last Call

Different Stories Of Us

Mina stares at the night sky with tears in her eyes, she grips on the metal grills. Memories keeps filling her mind, it was still vivid. Everything feels like it happened yesterday, the love and pain. It was unbearable to mina, she’s not that tough like the other people, she was weak especially to someone she really loves.

Years with chaeyoung has always been pure happiness, they rarely fight. It was perfect, everything was perfect, they were perfect, chaeyoung was perfect. The younger girl was everything she ever wanted in her life. She made her happy like nobody else, she loves her like she’s her whole world. Mina was all alone and chaeyoung was the only one she ever had, chaeyoung treated her like a princess or a queen, she would sacrifice everything just for mina.

Nobody knew beautiful things can be taken away from you so easily, the depressing thing is mina couldn’t do anything.

Chaeyoung was a star in the sky, bright and stunning that you’d fall in love with, but mina was the night sky, the darkness that surround the whole sky. With mina’s darkness, chaeyoung’s brightness fills her whole life. Chaeyoung served as a sparkling diamond of her dark self.

 

She can’t just move on, she just can’t accept that chaeyoung’s gone in her life. Her source of happiness and life is gone. What’s her life’s meaning if chaeyoung is not there?

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

  1.  

 

 

Chaeyoung sneaked behind mina who was waiting inside the mall, she covered mina’s eyes with her right hand. Mina smiled and held chaeyoung’s hand to remove slowly just to reveal a puppy in the younger girl’s other hand. Mina beamed with happiness, it was a Pomeranian-husky she wanted for their anniversary. She turn around to hug chaeyoung.

“Happy anniversary my love” Chaeyoung greeted

“Chaeyoungie~ thank you so much” She mumbles, burying her face in chaeyoung’s shoulder and neck.

“That’s nothing baby, you know I’d do anything for you”

“That’s why I’m thanking you, you literally gave me everything already”

“Because I love you, I’d do anything to make you happy” The cub chuckles

“You’re the best in this whole world, the only one I live for”

Mina released chaeyoung and then held the puppy

“Now we have a son” The older girl said

“What do you want to call him?” Chaeyoung smiled

“Cae”

“Why does it sounds like a nickname for me?” the cub raised her eyebrow and asked suspiciously

“I made it close because he’s so small and cute like you” Mina laughs

“You’re hurting my feelings baby” She pouts as mina still petting the puppy

“aww I’m sorry my love! I’m just kidding!” Mina gave chaeyoung a peck in the lips so she can stop sulking and finally she smiled

“You never fail to make me smile with just a peck in my lips”

“Because the one peck in the lips is full of love, because I love you and you love me”

 

 

 

 

 

 

II.

 

 

It was a lazy Sunday noon, just right for mina and chaeyoung to spend their day relaxing and cuddling, they’re watching just another drama, laying in the coach with mina on top of chaeyoung. Older girl wearing short shorts and white oversized polo shirt, the younger one’s wearing short shorts and plain v neck shirt, empty coke bottles on the table and pizza boxes. Indeed a sight of a lazy afternoon. And also Cae running around like crazy.

“Love” chaeyoung called

Mina hums in response

“We’ve been together for 7 years, are you not tired of me?” Chaeyoung asked out of curiosity

“Why would I be? You’re the only one who makes me happy, I don’t think I will be able to bare losing you” Mina replied

“Have your love for me ever lessen?”

Mina faced chaeyoung and said

“Never, it just keeps getting deeper” and then kissed the cub

“I will love you with all my heart for the rest of my life,’til death do us apart”

Chaeyoung paused

 “Would you like to get married?”

Mina was caught off guard

“Baby?” Chaeyoung called

“Of course!”

“Great, but this is not my final proposal, ok? and since gay marriage is not allowed here, I’m going to marry you in the town you were born in”

“you mean texas?! Seriously?!” Mina asked in shock

“yes, seriously”

You’re the best my love” Mina said

“It’s for you Mrs. Son” Chaeyoung grins

“It sounds so good, you can call me that from now on”

“I will Mrs. Son” the younger smirks

“Love” mina called out softly

“yes?”

“You’re the best, have I told you that?”

Chaeyoungs laughs “You did”

 

 

 

III.

 

This is the day, the day chaeyoung’s finally officially going to propose to mina. Everything’s all set as she planned. She glanced at the bouquet of red roses, a penguin plushy and several chocolate boxes in the passenger seat. She’s about to fetch mina and go to hill they usually go for a stargazing where she set up a surprise proposal. She clutch a small box and then opened it. Chaeyoung held the ring and caress it with a huge smile on her face.

She placed the ring back in the box and put it in her pocket. She grabbed her phone and dialed mina’s number but it was out of reach, mina probably have no signal or her phone is off so chaeyoung decided to send mina a voice message

 

Chaeyoung locked her phone and tossed it in the passenger seat. She noticed a car ramming everything, she widen her eyes, panic came straight to her system but she managed to avoid the ramming car. She stopped the car after she passed the ramming vehicle. She breathes in and breathes out, leans her forehead softly to her steering wheel to breathe. She raised her head just to see a bright light coming fast towards her with an aggressive truck honking. Chaeyoung closed her eyes and thought about mina.

I didn't know my life could end this soon. 

​​

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Mina just finished taking her nigh shower, as soon as she step outside her bathroom, she felt pang of pain in her heart. She clutch it tight. She shrugs and got out

Mina grabbed her phone and noticed it’s off. The shoulder length haired girl opened it and saw a voice message from chaeyoung, she’s about to click play but before she did, Unknown number was calling her.

“Hello, who’s this?”

“It this Ms. Mina?”

“Yes”

“This is from daegu hospital we've got your number in Ms.Son's contacts, We are extremely sad to inform you that Ms. Son Chaeyoung was send to our hospital dead on arrival…”

Mina immediately felt her whole body numb, she wasn’t able to process the caller’s further explanation, everything went blank to her, her eyes blurry, her ears felt plugged and she can’t breathe.

She finally exhales the same time as her tears falls down, she broke into tears and her knees hits the floor.

Mina cried as loud as she can, crying her heart's out

 

 

 

IV.

 

Mina got back to their apartment to prepare for chaeyong’s funeral. She lazily walk to their room with visible tears streaming down. She felt like her soul left her, more like she felt dead already.

She slums her body to the bed and let herself cry again. She grabbed a black dress and place it in the bed, she took a shower and wore it. Mina started doing her makeup and noticed an unopened notification in her phone.

It was chaeyoung’s voice message

She clicked play

“Hello Mrs. Son, I’m on my way home, we’re going to the hill for stargazing, your phone is off so I hope when you hear this, you’re already starting to prepare. I’ll be there soon wait for me. I loved you, I love you and I will love you for the rest of my life”

Then the voice message ended

Her tears were uncontrollably falling while she was listening to chaeyoung’s voice.

"It's nice listening to her voice again. I am preparing the time I listened the voice message, the only difference is that I'm preparing for chaeyoung’s funeral. But she’s a liar, she said she’ll be here soon but she’s not, she’s never coming back."

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Everyday mina hoped it was just a dream or a joke, that a morning will come she’ll wake up to a chaeyoung looking at her lovingly and greeting her “good morning beautiful”. But No, it wasn’t a dream, it was real, chaeyoung’s gone. It’s been 3 months since she’s gone but nothing ever eased mina’s pain, not even once, not even a little.

She then again played chaeyoung’s voice message to her.

“I just want to see you again” she said in the air

 

mina loosen her grip on the bridge bar and let herself fall freely.It was a good feeling to her, she feels free, she felt chaeyoung's embrace in the air.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

I got depressed writing this too :(