Magic Words

I Love You, Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun sat quietly on the sofa in his office. He is thinking about what happened that night.

“How could I be so brave? I just proposed her. Why she hasn’t answered me yet? It make me crazy.” He mumbled. It’s very frustrating to Jonghyun.

It’s almost two weeks past after his sudden proposal to her. They acted awkwardly since then. They couldn’t see each other eyes while talking and their hearts are beating so fast when they meet.

They didn’t meet since last week. Seungyeon has a bussiness trip in Seoul. Mina had been away for her school trip two days ago and it made him be alone at home. Jonghyun collected his braveness and called her.

In other place, Seungyeon also thinks the same thing. She couldn’t sleep well in the past two weeks. Her daydreaming broke when her phone rang. She saw the name printed on her phone and she’s going crazy.

“Jonghyun oppa called me. Ottokke? What should I say?” She panicked. Finally she picked up the phone.

S : “Yoboseyo.”

J : “Yoboseyo, Seungyeon-ah”

Their awkwardness is become obvious. It can be heard from their stutter voice.

S : “Ne, oppa. What’s up?”

J : “Aniya, when will you come home?”

S : “This afternoon oppa. Why?”

J : “What time? I will fetch you. There is something I want to talk to you.”

Seungyeon took a long sigh before answered him.

S : “Ne, oppa. My flight at 3 pm. See you soon.”

J : “Okay, see you.”

A happy smile created on his face. “She didn’t avoid me. Thanks god.” He looked at the small picture on his desk.

“Yeobo, I think I have fallen for your sister. That’s your last wish, wasn’t you? I’m sorry for taking so much time to grant it.” He smiled to his deceased wife picture.

 

Flashback

“Oppa, oppa. Yoo..Yoona eonni.” Seungyeon run to living room while sobbing approached her brother in law. Jonghyun startled seeing her sister in law cried in pain like something was going to be happened.

“Wae Seungyeon-ah?” He asked worriedly.

“Oppa, Yoo... yoo.. Yoona eonni is dying. She wants to talked to you. I.. I can’t see her like that oppa.” Jonghyun quickly run to his bedroom. He saw his beloved wife struggled to survive.

“Yeobo, stay still. You will survive. I’ll call the doctor. You are strong. Please don’t leave me, Yoona-ya. Please.” He cried in pain looking at her wife. Yoona shook her head and smiled.

“Ani oppa. I can’t. It’s time for me to leave. Oppa, I... I have a wish.” She stuttered.

“No, you’ll survive. I won’t grant your wish if you leave me.” He said painfully.

“Oppa please. Promise me one thing. Please oppa.” Yoona sobbed. Struggled to speak.

“Don’t talk to much, Yoona please. You’ll survive.” Jonghyun couldn’t believe that his wife would say something about leaving. She had struggled for a few months.

“Oppa, please.” Yoona begged.

“Okay, tell me your wish.” He surrendered.

“Oppa, take care of my sister. She will be a perfect replacement to take my place. She doesn’t have anyone in this world. I don’t want her to be sad. Please oppa.” Yoona choked. She couldn’t speak clearly. Jonghyun saw her desperately. He called Seungyeon because Yoona wanted to talk to her. 

Seungyeon rushed to her sister’s room while holding infant Mina.

“Eonni...please don’t go eonni. Don’t leave me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter