Two

Slowly But Surely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The semester had just begun a week ago, but Sehun has already felt the pressure from the impending assignments, quizzes and extra classes. He could already imagine the lack of sleep he’ll be getting from now onwards – not that he’s unused to it. It has been the same since his first year as an architecture student, and Sehun had learnt to embrace the fact that writing reports and drafting blueprints and other sketches are best done in the middle of the night whilst everyone else is asleep.

Talking about sleep, he felt like he hadn’t had enough of it the night before thanks to his best friend, Kim Jongin. After they left Chanyeol’s party early that night, they drove off to Jongin’s house where Sehun had left his car and instead of driving back home to his own place, the former had dragged him inside to play Mario Kart 8 with him. At first Sehun had refused, but when Jongin used his puppy eyes on him, the boy could not find it in him to say no. In the end, the game ended at 3AM and Sehun ended up staying the night.

Damn Jongin and his puppy eyes.

He heard a frustrated sigh coming from his right side, and he knew that it wasn’t Jongin since the boy was sound asleep on his left side. Again, Sehun cussed at the other in his head before glancing to the boy on his right, frowning when he saw the devastating state of Byun Baekhyun.

He scoffed. “How much trouble is Chanyeol in?” he asked, immediately knowing that Baekhyun was and groaning on the fate that had fallen upon his giant boyfriend.

Baekhyun groaned quietly and shut his eyes. “Don’t. Even. Ask.” he hissed through gritted teeth. Sehun mentally counted to three and smirked when Baekhyun opened his mouth again. “Two months. No outing with friends. We’re only allowed at his place when his parents are home… which is never. He can only leave the house to go for classes or any events Mama or Papa Park wants him to attend. And our freaking anniversary is next week, damn it!”

Baekhyun may have said that too loudly because almost half the class had turned around to look at them, making Sehun roll his eyes in annoyance. Luckily, the lecturer was more interested in his notes on the board than his students talking at the back to bother to turn around, so Sehun glared at the other students, making them grimace and turn back around, before turning to his friend.

“Be louder next time, could you? I’m sure Russia hasn’t heard you yet.” he remarked sarcastically, earning himself a distaste glare.

“Whatever, .”

“Dude, don’t be mad at me. It’s your freaking boyfriend’s fault that you can’t celebrate your anniversary together. We told him that it was a bad idea to throw a party on a weeknight and behind his parents’ back. He totally asked for it.”

“I agree with Sehun on that,” came Jongin’s muffled and groggy voice from the other side. He must’ve woken up during Baekhyun’s loud rant earlier. “He dug his own grave this time.”

“You think I didn’t know that?” the smaller seethed, his perfectly charcoal lined eyes narrowing at those two with such intensity that it actually spooked Sehun. A bit. “I told him that too but no! He insisted on celebrating the start of the semester and all that bullcrap. Like who even does that?”

“Your boyfriend.” the other deadpanned.

“Shut up.”

“You shut up.” Jongin countered as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. “If Professor Baldy turns around and reprimands us for your loud voice, I’m throwing you out of my car while I’m speeding on the highway.”

“And that’s supposed to scare me… how?” Baekhyun scoffed, crossing his arms.

Sehun smirked and glanced at Jongin, making the latter quirk a brow. “You don’t have to do that, Jongin. It’s such a hassle. Just throw out his eyeliners.”

Baekhyun never  looked so angry in his life.

 

*

*

*

 

Jongin had disappeared during lunch time, and Sehun knew without having to ask that he had gone off to bother Soojung. The man scoffed to himself, imagining the sight of his best friend being brushed off by the Ice Princess’ cold glare yet again, but he was more than sure than Jongin would not just back down. He has witnessed the sight too often to be able to imagine it clearly in his head, and he shook his head in amusement before heading off to the cafeteria – not that he’s planning to eat there. He hated cafeteria food and at the moment, he’s just curious to see if there’s anything that might change his mind.

He could also try to see if he could find the ChanBaek couple anywhere.

On his way to the cafeteria, he walked past the huge field of patched grass and absentmindedly watched the students relaxing under the shady trees and benches. Since the weather wasn’t too humid at the moment, there were lots of students relaxing at the field, some playing around and some even having their lunch there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter