Nine

Slowly But Surely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning.”

Joohyun smiled as Sehun opened the passenger door for her. She didn’t hesitate to get into his car and allowed him to close the door after her, and she watched him as he circled the front of the car before getting behind the wheel. She discreetly eyed him, almost awestruck at the handsome figure sitting beside her. Sehun wore a grey sweater underneath his black coat, slim-fit jeans that showcased his very long legs and snickers. As he strapped himself, he placed the sunglasses that was perched on his head over his eyes before turning to her, and Joohyun felt her breath hitch in .

“Joohyun, did you hear me?” She blinked, face quickly turning a shade of red when Sehun gave her a knowing smile as she was caught staring at him. He didn’t however and simply repeated his question. “I asked if you’ve had breakfast.”

“Oh. Umm…” She didn’t really have the appetite to eat breakfast when she saw her parents at the dining table. She was no longer upset with her parents for forcing her into a marriage with Sehun, but that didn’t mean that she was happy to be married at the age of twenty-three. She was young, and she had dreams of exploring the world, not settle down and bear kids. “I didn’t have the appetite to,” she honestly said.

Sehun frowned at that. “Are you sure? We could always get something to eat before we head to class. Your class doesn’t start until nine, right? If you’d like, we can go have breakfast somewhere.”

Joohyun could tell that Sehun was concerned about her, and it touched her. Through the short amount of time they’ve known each other, Sehun had always been a considerate person and took great care of her. He would open doors for her, walked a step behind her like as if he was protecting her back, asked her for opinions regarding matters that would concern the both of them and… god, I lost count. Just how can a guy like him exist?!, she thought.

“I guess we could,” she smiled and strapped herself. “I happen to know a great place that makes amazing pancakes.”

Sehun smiled. “Sounds amazing.”

 

*

*

*

 

They were halfway through their breakfast when Sehun’s phone beeped, and he fished it out of his pocket and cocked a brow as he read the message. Joohyun politely looked away in order not to look like she’s prying but she couldn’t help but feel a tiny bit curious after seeing the confused look on his face. She wondered if she should ask, but she quickly turned down the idea since she didn’t think that it was her place to ask.

“My mother wants to know if we have any preference for our wedding,” Sehun suddenly said. Her eyes snapped up at him and she realized how uncomfortable he looked as he clutched his phone in his hand. “She just told me that your parents had contacted her and wanted to get the wedding preparations started.”

Joohyun sighed and nodded her head. She figured that it would be a move done by her parents after she confessed to spending time with Sehun yesterday after classes that led her to coming home late; they probably think that things were going really well between them and wanted the preparations done as soon as possible. She frowned as she thought of something and glanced back at Sehun to see him staring at her.

“Do we have a date set already?” she asked.

Sehun blinked at that. “Uh, not that I know.”

“Same. All I know is that it has to be before I officially turn twenty-four.” She said. “Do you have a date in mind?” Joohyun didn’t know where she got the confidence to talk so casually about their wedding, but at the relief look on Sehun’s face, she knew that it wasn’t a bad thing.

“Before that, when is your birthday?” Sehun asked.

“March 29th. Yours?”

“April 12th.”

“Our birthdays are just two weeks away,” she noted in amusement. “That’s nice.”

“You’re right, it is.” He chuckled. “As for the date… I was thinking, we should probably do it next year in January. Christmas is next month, and I think it’s a bit of a hectic time since it’s the holidays.”

“January is a new year, and everyone should be back from their Christmas or New Year’s holidays already. We still need to think of a date.”

“Let me see.” Joohyun leaned back against the chair as Sehun flipped the dates through the calendar on his phone and tilted her head when he slightly leaned forward to the table, eyes locked on the device. “How about the second week of the month?” he eventually asked, looking up at her.

“Date?”

“Fourteenth.”

“I guess.”

“Do you have a venue in mind? How many guests do you think we should invite?”

Joohyun sighed at that. “Know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter