Fifteen

Slowly But Surely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their final exams came like a storm and ended as fast, and so did Christmas and New Year. Sehun and Joohyun spent those two festive days together with Sehun’s family as Joohyun’s parents were on a business trip in America then; although Joohyun doubted that they’d be spending Christmas and New Year together either way. The experience she had as she’s surrounded by laughter and the warm foods cooked by Sehun’s mom and even Joonmyeon made her crave for more, and on the eve of New Year, she was the first to wish Sehun a happy new year before she was engulfed into a hug by her future mother-in-law as they stood under the bright night sky.

It was the first of what they both hoped to be many more celebrations they’ll experience together, and when their lips meet for the first time that night under the fireworks, Joohyun felt the warm, fuzzy feelings in her tummy and laughed happily as their lips meet again and again and again all throughout the night that she lost count.

Now their big day was coming; the couple did their final fittings for their outfits and Joohyun was surprised to find out that she’s gained a little weight over the course of months, not too much for her not to fit in her dress of course. Soojung , telling her that she was too well fed with Sehun’s love and attention, and Joohyun didn’t even bother to deny that claim as she felt the same way. Florists were booked, wedding rings purchased, and their marriage license had also been approved a week ago.

Now all that’s left was the bachelor party.

When Jongin told her this, Joohyun was unhappy. For the first time ever since she’s met the sweet tanned boy who has now occupied Soojung’s heart, she had scowled at him and warned him not to make stupid plans that any of them will regret. Amused, Sehun laughed at her and assured her that he would not allow Jongin, Baekhyun and Chanyeol to bring in strippers to the whatever party they’ve prepared for him.

Not that it was actually a party.

With only Sehun, Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo in attendance, the ChanBaek couple had turned their recently purchased apartment into a club and spent the night drinking, teasing Sehun to no end, dancing, and by the end of the night, a League of Legends competition of some sort. Kyungsoo fitted nicely into their circle and Sehun thought that the guy looked like he’s always belonged to their group of friends as he watched him joke around with Chanyeol and Baekhyun on the couch.

The next morning, Sehun surprised Joohyun by driving her to the airport. When they arrived at the arrival hall and spotted a couple and their son waiting patiently with their luggage, Joohyun’s dam broke and she cried onto Jae-in’s shoulders. Her arms were tightly wrapped around her sister’s smaller frame as Jae-in too wetted her shirt with her tears, and the two sisters became a mumbling mess as Sehun and Kris led them to former’s car.

Jae-in was not ready to face their parents just yet (not that Joohyun dared to take her home either), so Sehun drove them to a five-star residential hotel which Kris had booked beforehand and they spent their day with Jae-in’s little family. Aiden turned out to be a true sweetheart with his energetic bubby self that reminded Sehun of himself when he was younger, and the little boy opened up immediately to him and his long lost aunt who wouldn’t stop tearing up whenever he came over to her. Joohyun would wrap him up in a hug and smother his little face with kisses, making him giggle before releasing him so he could play with the toys Sehun had bought for him as a gift.

“I waited so long for this day,” Jae-in had said to her sister as they embraced each other tightly on the couch. “I never thought I’d see you again, sissy.”

Joohyun kissed her cheek in response before grabbing her purse, producing a golden necklace and fasting it back around her sister’s bare neck. She smiled before pulling out her own necklace from underneath the turtleneck sweater she was wearing.

“We’re together again, Jae.” she said and hugged her sister again.

Sehun and Kris gave the two sisters their own privacy and chose to settle at the small dining table near the kitchen, entertaining Aiden as they spoke. Since they’ve already met during Sehun’s three days stay in New Zealand, the two men didn’t find it hard to fall into random topics and make jokes as they laugh boisterously, earning curious looks from Aiden who demanded their attentions as well.

The two sisters decided to join them at some point, and Sehun smiled stupidly at himself as Joohyun’s arms wind itself around his neck from behind and he leaned his head back a little as Joohyun carefully leaned her weight forward from behind his chair. He almost blushed as she boldly kissed him in front of an audience and nuzzled his neck, an action Sehun knew to be of gratitude for him. Sehun definitely blushed when he caught the knowing look in Jae-in’s eyes though, and throughout dinner, the married couple wouldn’t stop asking them questions about how they met till the day that led them to where they were now.

The day ended well, and when Sehun dropped her home, Joohyun was not shy to deepen their good night kiss and made him greedy for more. But of course, she wasn’t going to give him what he wouldn’t dare to ask just yet, and Sehun drove home with a foolish smile on his face and a fuzzy feeling in his tummy.

 

*

*

*

 

There were only two nights left before the day of their wedding, and the Bae house was full of relatives and close friends who had come to celebrate the occupation. Joohyun awkwardly mingled with her cousins, aunts and uncles who wouldn’t stop fawning over the man standing by her side, their arms linked together, and she was beginning to feel sorry to have brought Sehun to the occasion.

“Don’t be,” Sehun had said when she voiced out her feelings. “I like meeting your family. You’ve already met mine and it’s only fair I met yours. Plus, we’re getting married, Joo. These people are going to be my family too.”

She sighed and nodded her head in resignation. “I wish Jae-in was here too,” she whispered, voice only audible for Sehun to hear. “Her appearance would definitely be the highlight of the night.”

“Here comes your mother,” Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter