Eleven

Slowly But Surely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pls read the author's not below, thanks...

Weeks passed, and Joohyun found herself spending more time with Sehun every day, preparing for their wedding and in between classes. Sometimes, he’d give her a lift to and from home as well. Both their mothers had already begun with the guest list and hired a wedding planner who happened to be Sehun’s aunt. With a somewhat prestigious family like the Bae’s, a grand wedding was to be expected so the wedding will be held at Ritz Carlton in its main ball with beautiful and classy interior décor and high ceilings. Joohyun felt oddly excited when the wedding planner led them through the huge doors of the main ball and saw the size of the room while Sehun chuckled in amusement from beside her.

In between their preparations, the soon-to-be married couple had to also deal with their classes, assignments and tests, and considering that they have only two months to prepare for everything, they were both stressed out by the end of the third week. Luckily, Sehun’s mother decided to take over with the planning completely and told them to simply focus on their classes; Joohyun’s mother quickly agreeing upon discussion.

“Here, take this.” Joohyun looked up from where she had her head buried in her folded arms on the table to see a can of energy drink being dangled in her face. She squinted at it before looking up to Sehun. He smiled. “Come on, you’re going to need it.”

She sighed and took it. “Thanks.” Sehun casually slipped into the empty chair across from her and placed his bag on the floor by his feet, and Joohyun opened the can to take a sip. “How was your class?” she asked him.

“It was okay,” he shrugged. “We had a test today so it was much better than sitting through a boring lecture.”

“How’d you do for the test then?”

“I think I did half well?” he said, unsure. She scoffed at that and shook her head, making him smile. “Whatever. I’ll be fine. How was yours?”

“Lecture. Boring. Slept.”

Sehun laughed at that. He liked how easy their conversations were these days. Joohyun had begun opening up to him more ever since he took her to his house, and he was really happy with the change. He also got to officially meet her parents during dinner once and things were rather awkward, but Sehun began to understood more about his fiancé since. The absence of the Bae’s eldest daughter remained as a heavy weight on each of their shoulders, ripping away the laughter and happiness in the household, and Sehun knew that Joohyun blamed her parents greatly for the loss of her sister. But he’d like to think that she’s slowly turning into a much cheerful person after meeting him, much to his satisfaction. He was sure that her parents had noticed as well; he had caught the surprise looks in their eyes that night when Joohyun openly laughed at his jokes and spoke more at the table.

“That was the first dinner I had in that house that didn’t make me want to run away.” Joohyun had confessed to him later that night.

“Your aunt called me this morning,” he heard her say and blinked, tilting his head. She eyed him carefully before continuing. “She said you’ve already gotten your suit ready.”

Sehun blinked and a sheepish smile graced his face when Joohyun narrowed her eyes at him. “Sorry?” He laughed when she rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I did. I got my suit purchased last weekend and did my fitting on the same day. I was out with Dad and Joonmyeon hyung was there as well, and he suggested we do it immediately. Mom was pissed when she found out.”

Joohyun chuckled at that. “Yeah, mom told me.”

Sehun smiled upon hearing the way she had addressed his mother, and Joohyun was oblivious to it until she raised her head to look at him properly. She tilted her head in wonder, confused to see the contentment on his face. “What?” she asked, a soft smile gracing her lips in response to Sehun’s seemingly addicting one.

“Nothing.” He denied, shaking his head.

She gave him a look that says “I don’t believe you” but didn’t push it and simply went back to putting her head down on the table. He watched her, smiling under his nose, as he thought of the weeks they’ve spent preparing for their upcoming wedding. Honestly, they’ve grown closer than before and he’s even held her hands a few times, but never always. He didn’t want to make her uncomfortable although she never pushed him away whenever he made contact. Still, he didn’t want to rush into things, especially when they already have the pressure of a rather rushed marriage loaded on their shoulders.

As Sehun stared at the crown of her head, he wondered if he had fallen for the woman. Joohyun was indeed beautiful, charming and somewhat childish at times, and there were moments where she’d catch him off-guard with her different personas that added more charm into her personality. He knew for sure that he liked her a lot, and he hoped that the feeling was mutual and would eventually turn into more.

 

Joohyun walked to class with Sehun by her side, both comfortable with the silence. It has been a new routine for her now – Sehun walking her to class before running off to his own and also sitting for lunch with him, Soojung and Jongin. Sometimes, his other friends, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, would join them as well, but most of the times it would just be the four of them since the other couple preferred having lunch outside i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter