Fourteen

Slowly But Surely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After such a tiring week of classes, quizzes and helping Sehun’s mom and aunt with the wedding preparations, Joohyun felt like escaping a day of class for once. When her alarm rang in the morning, she shut it off with a groan and went back to sleep. But then her phone vibrated loudly on her bedside table and Joohyun regretted not just switching it off before she went to bed.

With a loud groan, she blindly reached for the device and placed it to her ear. “What?” she growled down the line.

An amused scoff reached her ears. “Good morning to you, princess.”

The voice sounded very familiar to her, but in her half asleep state, it was difficult for her to put a name to the deep hoarse voice. That is until her brain finally rebooted its system and she shot out of her bed with her eyes wide open.

“Sehun!” she exclaimed.

His beautiful laugh makes her heart beat crazily in her chest, and she’s more than surprised when she realized that she’s missed him more that she thought she did after not seeing him for the past few days. Her heart stuttered in her chest when she heard him calling her name, softly at first before it sounded worried.

“Joo, are you there?”

She smiled. “I’m here,” she assured, her voice suddenly quiet and there’s a hint of longing hanging somewhere in there. She blushed when she realized this – oh my God, Joohyun. Since when did you turn into such a sap? – and lowered her gaze to her lap even though she knew Sehun could not see her.

“I’m glad,” he replied, his voice and tone holding the similar meaning with hers. Joohyun felt her heart racing once again. “I miss you, Joo.”

“I miss you too. Uhm, how’s your brother?”

There’s a sigh and Joohyun detected his hesitation before he replied, “He’s okay. Don’t worry about him.” She frowned a little but otherwise nodded to herself. “Hey, are you planning to get out of bed soon? Class starts in an hour, you know.”

Joohyun chuckled, scooting back until she’s leaning against the headboard. “I’m too tired,” she whined. “I feel like escaping my classes today. Tell no one, though.”

He laughed, his melodic laughter ringing so beautifully in her ears that it made her smile widely as she hugged her knees to her chest, imagining Sehun sitting in front of her and laughing with his eyes crinkled adorably.

“I won’t tell anyone if you get up now and come out here,” Sehun suddenly said, much to her confusion. “You wouldn’t want me to camp outside of your house in my car, right?”

At this, Joohyun bolted out of her bed and she yelped a little when her leg got tangled with the sheets which almost made her fall face first onto the floor, but she caught herself and quickly ran to the window. She unlocked the pane and pushed open the window, and there in her driveway was Sehun’s car.

Joohyun let out a silent gasp when Sehun came out of his vehicle a second later and looked up with a smile on his face.

“Good morning, beautiful.”

With a large smile and a delightful giggle, Joohyun bolted out of her room and down the stairs, surprising the maids who were just heading up the stairs possibly to wake her up, and bolted out the front door – pyjamas, bunny slippers, bed hair and all. She didn’t stop once she saw Sehun waiting for her next to his car, and she sees the surprise in his eyes before he’s smiling widely as she ran to him and jumped into his arms.

Sehun laughed, arms going around her waist, before he lifted her and twirled her around in the air a few times. Joohyun tightened her arms around his neck and buried her face at his shoulder, inhaling his scent and feeling very, very much at home.

“You’re back,” she whispered.

“Yes, I am. I missed you so much, Joo.”

“I missed you too.”

They pulled away and Joohyun let her eyes roam on his face like as if she’s forgotten how he looks like despite only being apart for a few days, and Sehun smiled softly to himself as he felt himself drowning in her beauty. Despite her bed hair and obvious I-just-woke-up state, she looked beautiful to him and he wanted nothing more than to just kiss her and hold her close.

So he did.

He closed the distance between them and quickly planted a kiss on the top corner of her lips, making her gasp and turn red. He chuckled when he saw this and hugged her close once more.

“Let’s not go to school today,” he decided and kissed her temple. “Let’s go on a date instead.”

Joohyun smiled against his shoulder and nodded her head. “Sounds like a plan to me.”

 

*

*

*

 

When Sojung heard that she was not coming to campus, her best friend was far from being happy but when she told her that Sehun was back in town and openly admitted that she’d wanted to spend some time alone with him, the other dropped her act altogether and instead.

Needless to say, Sehun had a very enjoyable time watching a very flustered Joohyun standing by her vanity table with her phone clasped to her ear and a hairbrush in another. When she caught him staring, she blushed again and said some inaudible words to her best friend as she strode off to the bathroom, and Sehun took his time looking around her room since it was his first time there.

The room, despite being much bigger than his, looked very simple and had a calming aura which gave him a sense of belonging. There was faint scent of peach in the air as well, and Sehun knew that it came from Joohyun’s perfume which she always put on. Sehun loved that scent, and he loved her room more. Casually, he lied down in the middle of her bed and smiled to himself, thinking about his last trip just as Joohyun came back into the room.

She halted when she saw Sehun and fought the urge to blush when she realized that he’s actually in her room and is currently lying down on her bed. To be honest, the sight of him being there seemed to be fitting, and she thought that she could really get used to that.

“Where do you plan to take me today?” she asked, surprising him to a sitting position.

“Hmm, I don’t know yet. Any place you want to go to?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter