Tell Her You Love Her Too

The Way They Were

“Tell her she’s lovely

Always tell her the truth

When she says she loves you,

Tell her you love her too.”

 

Yoongi could tell Jimin was confused. He raised an eyebrow at the orange-haired boy lounging on the sofa staring intently at Jungkook who was staring at his phone. Easing onto the cushion next to Jimin, Yoongi said, “Jungkook, you might want to look at your stalker. I can also always take his candy from the cabinet in the kitchen for revenge if you want.”

Jungkook didn’t notice. Jimin, however, turned to his friend and exclaimed, “What?!”

Yoongi smiled. Jimin’s voice always rose several octaves when he was feeling emotional, and it never failed to amuse everyone. Even Jungkook looked up and this point, looking curiously at Jimin. “Oh, yea,” Yoongi said, “that cabinet? It’s not a secret anymore. Sorry, Chim; I opened it a couple weeks ago.”

Groaning, the boy buried his hands in his orange hair and replied dryly, “Yoongi, did you just call me ‘Chim’? Please tell me you haven’t been hanging out with Rin?” Yoongi only gave a guilty smile. Jimin threw his arms in the air: “Now there’s two of you!”

Thoroughly entertained, Yoongi put his earbuds back in and turned his mixtape loud, reclining his head back to bask in the afternoon sun streaming through the window. Jimin turned back to his original task (observing Jungkook) only to yelp loudly when he saw the younger boy staring at him.

“What?” Jungkook asked.

Jimin hesitated before saying, “You’ve… been different. Happier? It’s not a bad thing, but what happened?”

Jungkook smiled. “Rin,” he said, before quickly tapping something on his phone keyboard. Jimin couldn’t believe his luck; he whipped his phone out as fast as he could without dropping it and opened Rin’s contact, eager to start teasing her (he would save Jungkook’s teasing for later). As soon as he started to type, he received a message of her own:

|| Don’t even think about it, Chim.

-- gdi Rin

    || :)

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

    Three months later, Rin and Jungkook were still… going strong, I guess you could say. They weren’t the perfect couple. In fact, they were far, far from it; They fought over petty things, disagreed with each other’s fashion sense (although Rin had to admit that she loved the white t-shirts), and rarely ever showed the stereotypical signs of being a couple. Rin had boundaries, Jungkook had boundaries, and both respected each other enough to not cross those boundaries.

    However, this isn’t saying that they weren’t a couple. Jimin and Iseul were thrilled and often invited the pair on double dates (mostly Jungkook and Rin eating and Jimin and Iseul talking). Rin wore Jungkook’s sweaters and he had a toothbrush in her bathroom when he stayed in her guest bedroom. He knew her kitchen better than his own, and she knew his just as well as her own from all the times she cleaned it for him. Friday nights were spent on the couch watching the latest dramas while she sat in front of him, leaning on his chest, with James (her puppy) in her lap. Saturday solo dance parties were extended to two and became actual dancing with Jungkook at his company. Jin treated Rin like a daughter and constantly asked her to visit the company where he would greet her with a basket full of baked goods.

    So no, they weren’t the typical couple, but the way they were was perfect for them. In the end, what else really mattered?

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

    The first time Jungkook wrote a song for his group, he immediately brought it to her. It was, after all, extremely exciting. He was writing a song! These pieces of paper and online music files would be combined to sell worldwide and thus listened to by millions of people. It only made sense that Rin would hear it first. If only she knew he was coming.

    Sipping on her cappuccino, Rin shut off her laptop to let it cool down. Goodness sakes, she really needed a new one. It was annoying (yet bearable) to completely turn off a laptop every three hours because of overheating. She jumped when her phone, resting on the table, buzzed, almost spilling her drink on her white shirt. “Hey,” she said into the phone.

    “Hey, are you home?” Jungkook asked.

    “You sound like a first class stalker, and no,” she said, rolling her eyes.

    “Wow, thanks, love. I can feel your affection. Where are you?”

    “Our coffee shop. Why?”

    “Meet you there in ten minutes-- love you,” he said before hanging up.

    She looked down at her phone. “Love you too, you little brat,” she muttered smiling.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

    Jungkook practically floated through the glass doors as he sprinted through them to land ungracefully in the seat across from his girlfriend and Iseul. He held out his iPod and a pair of red earphones. Her eyes lit up in delight and she excitedly grabbed the device from him, vigorously plugging in the headphones and shoving them in her ears while saying, “Is this your song? You little brat why didn’t you tell me it was done?!”

    She let the music fill her head. The heavy base, soft harmonies, and of course her boyfriend’s clear voice on the test track (basically the rough draft of the song). How he could handle music was alien to her; she remembered being overwhelmed all that time ago when she had completed her assignment (with his help) for her music class. The song faded out slowly, and she slowly pulled the speakers out of her ears before whisper yelling, “That was amazing! I’m so proud of you, oh my gosh,” across the table.

    When he gave her a blinding smile to show that he was just as proud of himself and grabbed her hand, she started a little bit. As said before, they were not a public couple, so the fact that he was holding her hand in front of Iseul, who was just as surprised as she was, was extremely unusual. But …  it was kind of nice.  Isuel smirked, patting Jungkook’s shoulder and saying with mirth, “Congrats, Jungkook. You grew up. Now maybe you can hug in public, too!”

    In this moment -- this moment where she was holding hands with a boy she loved and staring at his smile, Rin realized that Jungkook may have been just be too much for her to handle.

End

 


 

AN:

AHH! Final chapter!! Don’t worry guys -- epilogue will be up shortly :)

I hope you all liked this story! School has started and I’m extremely busy (oh dear why did I choose these courses ahhhhhhhh) so if I do start a supernatural story, updates will be a lot slower than before.

Thank you!!!! Hit that subscribe for the epilogue if you haven’t already ;)

 

--aperfectworld