Take #9 : Drawing Lines

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 A/N 

This chapter made my tears slide down while writing it, and even while reviewing it again before publishing it. 

I didn't want it to become this sad and emotional, i don't know what's going on with me lately. 

Hope to hear more from you all, since only 2-3 readers from +300 sub that i'm getting their comments lately. where are you all?! 

I might stop updating lately.. so enjoy this chapter.  

 

 

 

 

 

 Author’s POV 

 

 

Days went by, and there was only 2 weeks to the final exams..

 

After the long and boring math lesson, the principal talked suddenly through the radio system of the school..

“Hello my students,” she greeted.

“Omo!”

“Ah I got startled!” they reacted, since most of them were sleeping.

“I want to congratulate you all on having a good marks at the quiz last week, I’m really proud of you~” they all applauded. “So in return we decided to gift you back with a MT (Membership training) trip at the end of the week.” With this announcement they all went up howling and shouting from excitement. “But remember that all this is for your psychological to get relaxed and refreshed from the coming final exams. So have as much as you can from fun~” They cheered happily. “Don’t forget to take some photos to show them to me later!” she joked at the end.

“Wooah~”

“Are we dreaming?”

“Daebak!”

“Ya pinch me..”

“Taeyeon did you bewitched everyone in this school?” Daesung returned with his comments.

“Ya!” Sooyoung growled at him.

Everyone was just happy and super excited for this last event together before they bid their farewells to each other and walk into their path of life.

 

 

Taeyeon and Jiyong continued on with this drama-friends relationship. Every night they would meet up before the drama start, get the snacks ready along with the tissue box for their tears and stay all the night up watching the promised episodes together, while others stay all night up studying for the exams.

 

 

The promised day finally came, all of them got ready and went into the bus..

“Ya! Why do you look this pale?” Taeyeon asked Jiyong as they rode the bus.

“I’m fine.”

“He caught a cold again.” Yongbae told her.

“Again?”

“Why every time we go on a trip you get sick?”

“I feel sorry..”

“I’m fine, I took the medicine just now. Don’t worry..” he told them.

Daesung and the other playful students in the class stood at the end of the bus, held a bottle of a water as a mic and cried out..

“Are you ready?”

“Yes.”

“I can’t hear you, are you ready?”

“Yes!”

“Okay, we’ll start with the girls over there first..” the girls looked back at him, “..Yes, you at the first row, come-on show us your voices..” and they started singing.

“Next, our promised singers..” the funny boys started singing.

“Ya!”

“Shut up!” the girls started throwing them with the water bottles.

“Ya! Don’t kill our dream!” they replied helplessly.

“What are you doing? It’s you turn..” Daesung told Yoona and Taeyeon with Sooyoung.

As they held the kind-of called mic, one of their classmates cried out..

“We are here!”

They all whined, “Noo~”

“Keep you voices to tonight’s show.” Daesung told them.

“You better look forward it..” Sooyoung told him playfully.

They unloaded from the bus, Yongbae help the lifeless Jiyong all the way along.

 

 

Last petal – Gisan-ri Ildong-myeon

Pocheon – Gyeonggi Province

 

 

The MT base camp was a pension beside the lake surrounded with mountains and incredible natural view.

“Wooah~”

“Daebak!”

“Heol!”

“It’s beautiful~”

“It’s like a heaven~”

“So amazing!”

“Omo! There’s a pool too!”

They went in, there was a stage ready for them, arcade games with billiard table and dart board too.

 

“Alright kids, play as much as you want this time. But one thing keep in mind.. be careful and be careful and be careful.”

“We don’t want accidents like last time.” They looked at Taeyeon and Jiyong.

“I’m gonna stay in here.” Taeyeon told them.

They chuckled at her, then the teacher told them, “By 9 o’clock gather in here at this hall where the stage is here, since the talent show will start by then. Did you understand?”

“Yes!”

“Go and have fun!” Mr. Yang told them.

 

“Kwon Jiyong..” Taeyeon called for him.

He turned.

“..Where are you going now?”

“I want to clear my mind, why?”

“Nothing, I was worried that you may enter the forest once again.”

He messed her hair playfully. “Aigoo this little girl~”

She whined, “Hey, stop it!”

“Go and play, you didn’t get to have fun last time because of me.”

“What about you? Are you fine by being alone like this?” she was worried.

“Ya! Why are you that worried?”

“No, it’s just..” she lost her words.

“Ayee~ I’m joking with you..” he messed her hair again.

“Ya!” she cried out.

“Go now..”

“Okay, but join us later. You have to practice for the talent show..”

“Talent show?”

“Are you not going to participate? Your dream was to stand on a stage, take this a step of walking toward your dream..” she told him sincerely.

“But..”

“There’s no but in here!” she copied her father.

He chuckled at her cuteness.

“I got it, I’ll join you after relaxing for a while at the swing here.”

“Alright, then we’re waiting for you.” She told him and left running toward the girls.

He smiled at her and went toward the swing, plugged his earphones and started listening to music all the afternoon alone under the drawing-like sky.

 

Yoona and Sooyoung helped in making the lunch after they played enough with Taeyeon and the boys, while Taeyeon the inexperienced girl in cooking she went to help the others in making the table and serving the food.

 

The lunch was ready, all the students gathered together with their teachers.

“Wait!.. Where’s Jiyong?” Yongbae noticed.

“I’ll get him..” Taeyeon went up.

 She went outside at the same place she left him..

“Aigoo this boy..” she sighed as she witnessed exactly the same scene she imagined.

Jiyong laid at the wooden swing, earphones plugged and busting with loud volume as she took them out of his ears.

“Jiyong-ah~” she swung him lightly to wake up.

He didn’t responded.

“Kwon Jiyong~”

Nothing there.

“Ya Kwon Jiyong!” now she became more violent by hitting him to wake up.

He was startled so he fell from the swing.

Taeyeon busted in laughers from aside.

“W-What?” he was mindless at that moment.

“T-The lunch is re-ready.” She told him between giggles.

He was embarrassed, he managed to stand up quickly and walked toward the pension building.

 

“Why are you the one to wake up?” he stopped in the middle of the way.

With him stopping suddenly, Taeyeon got bumped into him.

He held her quickly before she fell. By his quick move Taeyeon ended up meeting his lips accidentally!

Both of them were surprised.

Taeyeon departed first from his grip, “Jiyong, actually I-”

“T-Taeyeon, please don’t..”

“What?” she was confused.

“Taeyeon, I c-can’t..” He told her out of nowhere.

“W-What?” those words confused her more.

“I can’t have any feelings toward you.” He said it finally.

“Jiyong, what are you talking about?-”

“S-Sorry.” He apologized suddenly and left first inside.

“Wa-Wait!..” she was taken aback.

Taeyeon stood there, speechless, mindless, she couldn’t digest what he just said, neither why did he even said that now, it was a shocking and unforgettable moment for Taeyeon.  

 

“Oh Jiyong!” his friends welcomed him as he entered.

“Where’s Taeyeon?” Yoona asked as she noticed that she didn’t entered with him.

“I don’t know.”

“Didn’t she brought you?”

“She has something to take care of..”

“At this moment? The food will end soon..” the food maniac Yoona stated.

 

They waited a little more minutes for her, but she was out of sight.

 

“This is not going to do, I’m going to search for her-” as Sooyoung said that, Taeyeon welcomed their eyes by entering.

But she was different, the smile on her face were faded, something was wrong with her..

“Taeyeon, where were you? Hurry and eat it’s all cold now, let me heat it for you..” Yoona went to heat the food for Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon-ah, are you alright?”

“I’m fine.”

She looked up to see Jiyong in front of her.

As her rolled his eyes up to meet Taeyeon’s eyes, Taeyeon rolled them down at the table.

“Why would he tell me that? Why now? Who said that I have feelings for him?” she asked herself.

 

Jiyong wasn’t bothered at all, he was laughing and joking with his friends. While Taeyeon at the other side, were swimming in deep thoughts about what happened earlier.

 

“Alright, you have only 20 minutes to practice before the show..” the teacher Mr. Jung told the students as they entered the hall of the show.

They divided into groups, and started practicing. Some were doing a gag skit while others from girls were practicing on doing the cat walk for the fashion show. Others went to musical major and decided to sing, some individually and the rest in groups. For the last part they chose to dance.

  

“Taeyeon-ah, what are you going to do?” Sooyoung asked her.

“I’m gonna sing.”

“Sing? I never knew that you can sing.”

“I can’t, but I love to.”

“Should we look forward it? Or not?..” Yoona asked jokingly.

That made Taeyeon chuckled for a bit after the shocking thing that heard it where she even didn’t understand it or knew why those words were told to her.

 

Time had come, and the groups started performing one after the other..

“Ladies and gentlemen..” the teacher announced, “..Where are they? It’s only you kids, Ya you there at the end.. shut up and sit down!” the teacher returned to his true scary self.

They all laughed at him.

“Come-on show us your hidden talents, where I doubt that there’s going to be any real talent here.” He said jokingly.

With that the groups they made before came on the stage and got their performance done, almost all were comic like the boys dancing on girl groups songs and then the girls would drag them down again for their eyes safety so they won’t get ruined with a dirty scenes like these.

Sooyoung and Yoona performance was a fashion show, they act it really well and like a real models, one would come out and the other would change quickly behind the scenes.

“Wooah!!~~” the boys cheered wildly after they finished.

“Now next is the most popular boy group in our school, that made our girl’s hearts to get broken and their tears to fall.. F4!” the two play-boys students acted like a music show Emcees. 

Daesung and Yongbae went on the stage..

“Ehh? Where’s Jiyong?” one of the seated students asked.

“Kwon Jiyong is sick today, so he won’t be able to perform with us-”

“Who said so, I’m here.” Jiyong suddenly came out on the stage.

“Ya! You’re not feeling well-” Daesung told him.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine. Let’s start..”  

The music started, and unexpectedly they showed a powerful dance performance. After that finished, Jiyong and Yongbae started rapping. At the end Daesung and Yongbae made the ears of the listeners to melt by their sweet voices.

“WOOOW!!”

“DAEBAKK!!”

“OMO! AMAZING!!”

“YONGBAE-YA~~”

“KWON JIYONG!!”

“KANG DAESUNG!!”

“I LOOVE YOU!!”

“WOOAH!! I’M A FAN!!”

“OMONA! MY HEART!!” 

They all reacted happily, while still shocked that there was such a talented people in their school.

 

“Oh my God! That was really unexpected..” the first MC reacted.

“Right my words, well that put all the pressure at our last contestant.. Kim Taeyeon! Give her a round of applauses~” everyone applauded for her.

 

Taeyeon came out with the mic in her hands for the first time.

Everyone looked surprised to see that she’s going to sing.

 

The melody started playing, and the atmosphere quieted down. With Taeyeon holding her mic up, her confession story started talking..

 

 

If we are born again, if we love again

Let’s not be like this

Let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter