Take #33 : Beautiful Tomorrow

Set Me Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

After Jiyong’s enlistment, Taeyeon tried to busy herself with her work to forget her longing for him.

 

“Young Miss..” Mr. Hyun came calling for her, as she stopped by the company.

“What happened?”

“The madam is calling for you.”

“Madam?”

“Young master’s mother.”

“WHAT?!” she hurried quickly to answer her.

 

As they arrived to the blue house.

 

“Young miss is entering..” the court lady reported.

“How have you been mother?..” Taeyeon bowed respectfully.

“Right, sit down..” she told her coldly as always.

Taeyeon sat down mannerly.

“I sorry for not visiting before-”

“It’s time for you to get taught how to be a royal member like all of our kids did.” She cut the chase and told her in cold tone.

“W-What?”

“Now that Jiyong had left, you must be free.” She talked, “From today you’ll start you lessons with Mrs. Joo..”

“I’m honored to meet you Mrs. Kwon.” Mrs. Joo came in greeting her.

“She will teach you everything, if there’s something you didn’t get it you can visit me anytime and I will teach it to you personally.”

“Thank you mother.” Taeyeon were touched.

Taeyeon were about to get up already, “I’m sorry kid.” She found herself hearing these words from her mother-in-law.

She turned in disbelief.

“I was just sad to see my son hurting because of a girl that didn’t blinded he eyes on his feelings the past 10 years.”

“Mother, I’m s-sorry..” Taeyeon choked with her tears blocking .

“Don’t cry my girl,” she hugged her warmly, “the past is in the past, I just want to start a new page with you in this life, not as an aunt and nieces. But as mother and daughter..”

Taeyeon hugged her tightly, “Thank you mother!” she cried out at her shoulder, “I had always wanted to reach you, but I thought that you hate me for being your brother’s secret daughter that showed up out of nowhere one day and changed your son’s life.”

“No, it’s not like that at all. I just needed some time to accept the reality and watch you from afar to see whether you can bring happiness to my son or not.”

“Can I ask about the answer of that question?” she asked her with a watery eyes.

“Now I can say that I’m glad that my brother had a daughter like you and ended up destined to be my daughter-in-law too.”

Taeyeon hugged her with affection, “Thank you mother, thank you!”

She caressed her hair gently, “Now, I want you to surprise my son with the new Kim Taeyeon, that became officially and completely a royal member of our family.”

“Sure, I will do my best to satisfy you mother and make you proud of me and neve regret the moment that I married Jiyong in.”

“I never regretted it my dear..” she told her sincerely.

Taeyeon’s lips curved into a sincere smile that anyone could tell how happy she was that moment after reconciling with her mother-in-law.

 

 

During the time that Jiyong was serving his country, while Taeyeon was trying her best to learn the basics of being a royal member, so she won’t be a shame for the country’s royal family.

She learnt how to sew, cook, talk like when they did in Joseon era, walk and more. Also she get to know how to play traditional music and write and memorize poems including drawing too.

She got to be perfectionist in the traditional tea ceremony, and more from styling her own outfit from the Hanbok usual custom inside the blue house till memorizing the whole nation history, and learn about the past kings and how her grandmother inherited the throne and get it changed totally to be more modern and canceled some old habits as for the title of “Queen and King” also changed the blue house rules, where it’s rare to see the same scenes that happens at the current period dramas that talks about the past king’s eras.

 

“Appa~~~” Taeyeon went running toward her father’s arms.

“My girl!” he took her in circles in the air.

“Congratulations on opening your hospital finally!!”

Behind her Mr. Hyun was leading the 20 something employees each one with flower bouquet.

“Wooah~ it’s really big and the décor is creative!” she went wandering around.

“There’s a surprise for you..”

When they reached the ER section, “Oh my God!!” Taeyeon cried out in disbelief.

“Tae!!”

“Oh God I missed you so much Dr. Tae!”

“Our little girl is here..” Dr. Tiffany said with a warm smile drawn on her face.

“H-How?..” Taeyeon couldn’t believe her eyes.

“We are here~” Dr. Adam said cheerfully.

“Oh God!” she went and hugged them all.

She were tearing up.

“How are you here? When did you come? Why?” Taeyeon almost rapped her questions.

“I think your boyfriend changed you a lot that past years.”

“What?”

“You’ve became a rapper like him.”

They laughed.

“Taeyeon-ah, they are our hospital’s new crew.”

“Really? How? What about our hospital that we used to work at there?”

“I scouted them from there, also scouted my crew back from my last workplace too.”

Taeyeon took him for a sudden hug.

“I’m really happy that finally your dream came true appa~” she looked at him and joyfully said, “I’m starting work from today then..”

“W-What? For real? How? You can’t here..”

“I have my own ways.”

“High five girl!” Dr. John playfully told her.

 

Taeyeon got the things she asked for from Mr. Hyun.

 

“Tada~~” she went out from the locker room, surprising everyone with her new look.

“What is this?” Dr. Adam laughed.

“I almost didn’t recognize you!” Dr. John said in disbelief.

“You changed your name..” Dr. Tiffany noticed.

“Right, from now on I’m called Jiyeon, Kim Jiyeon.”

When her father heard her, unknowingly his tears raced down his cheeks as he recalled his deceased wife.

She gently wiped them off, “Appa, I will live for now as Kim Jiyeon. Your daughter that your beloved wife gave birth to.”

“I’m proud of you my girl, I’m really indebt for you for not giving up and coming back to me.”

“Don’t say that dad, I’ll work hard from now on to be the daughter that you can raise your head up high proudly.”

“I’m already doing that every moment I think of you.”

 

From that day on, Taeyeon started working at “Royalist Dreamer Medical Center” hospital together with the crew that took care of her the past 3 years when she laid down at the hospital’s bed soullessly. And also the crew that she worked with at UK and purchased the dream of being a doctor.

 

With the curly wig and thick spectacles, Taeyeon worked at her father’s official foundation of his dream hospital that got named under the same school that got founded for him as he reached high school that time, “Royalist Dreamer” which also related for both his daughter and son-in-law from their zodiac signs and their meanings, above all this, their fan-club name also named the same.

 

“How’s the patient?” Taeyeon went outside to get the delivered patient by the paramedic.

But to get shocked by the patient’s identity.

She gasped in disbelief.

It was her cousin Lee Seungri.

She ran inside quickly pushing the bed as fast as she could together with the nurse and the paramedics, with her tears falling subsided.

“Lee Seungri.. Look at me!” she kept calling for him, with a wet face.

“Please look at me!”

“Can you hear my voice?”

“Why did you come to me like this?” she nagged.

“Please open your eyes!”

 

They quickly but on him the bag valve mask to support him with some oxygen, while Taeyeon were checking his wounds here and there.

“What happened?”

“He was shot at the attack that happened at the military campus.”

“It’s cardiac arrest!” Dr. Adam shouted.

“150 joules charge, Clear.. Shoot!” Taeyeon were determined to save him no matter what since she regretted so much that she couldn’t show much love and caring the past years to her one and only male cousin.

But there were no reaction.

“200 joules charge, clear.. Shoot!”

Again that siren of death sound echoed through the whole emergency room.

“His vitals are not coming back..” Dr. Adam reported sadly.

Taeyeon climbed over him, and started massaging his heart with CPR.

“One, tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter