Character Profiles

Songs of the Abyss

Character Profiles

 

The 12

Byun Baekhyun, Dawn's Reckoning 

Weapon/s: Gauntlets 

Abilities: Radial Hand Beams, Regeneration, Radiance 

Talents: Deception, Stealth, Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand

An orphan who has no recollection of his past. His powers manifest suddenly, resulting in the destruction of the orphanage where he lives. He escapes with the help of Jongin, a boy tinged in darkness.

 

 

Kim Jongin, Arcane Assassin 

Weapon/s: Daggers and Short Swords

Abilities: Plane Shift, Planar Portal, Dimensional Banishment

Talents: Stealth, Investigation, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Acrobatics

An urchin, Jongin has lived his life on the streets, conning and tricking rich merchants for money. He soon discovers that he has powers which enables him to teleport at will. He becomes bolder with his thievery, until thinks go awry, and he finds his image compromised. He goes into hiding, only to have his attention grabbed by a bright light emanating from the local orphanage.  

 

 

Do Kyungsoo, Stone Sentinel 

Weapon/s: Warhammer (Oathkeeper)

Abilities: Stone Skin, Earth Manipulation, Resistance

Talents: Intimidation, Persuasion, History, Athletics, Insight 

One of the first of the twelve found. A prince of the Krag Mountains, his powers manifested while still very young. His parents, members of the Order of the 12, sent him straight to the druid encampment for training and security. Raised in a strict environment, Kyungsoo has gained a steely personality, only ever friendly towards Chanyeol and Jongdae.

 

 

Park Chanyeol, Fire Dancer 

Weapon/s: Dual-Wield Swords (Inferno)

Abilities: Flame Blades, Flame Immunity, Overheat

Talents; Athletics, Acrobatics, Survival

The third found. The son of a wealthy merchant, Chanyeol is well-traveled and well-versed with the culture and customs of the world. His powers manifested early, his parents kept it secret, but was soon found by Yoona in a town not far from the Sanctuary. Playful and childish, Chanyeol adds flare to his powers, and the general populace of Sanctuary. 

 

 

Kim Jongdae, Praetor of the Storm

Weapon/s: Hunter’s Bow (Kirin), daggers, short sword

Abilities: Lightning Arrows, Quick Step, Storm Caller

Talents: Animal Handling, Perception, Acrobatics, Investigation

The first of the twelve ever found. An orphan of warring kingdoms, Jongdae--at a tender age of 5--was brought to Sanctuary atop a giant eagle, the eagle was attached to the boy ever since. The boy grew up to be cheerful and fun-loving, often getting into trouble with Chanyeol--Kyungsoo being too law abiding to ever step out of line. He has also grown to be a talented marksman, gaining praise for his various triumphs in missions. 

 

 

Xi Luhan, Mind Walker

Weapon/s: Unarmed 

Abilities: Telekinesis, Possesion, Mind Walk

Talents: Arcana, History, Religion, Insight, Deception, Persuasion

A son of a rich noble, Luhan was pegged as a prodigy, a genius nothing the world has ever seen. He’s been educated by the most renowned scholars from around the world, his knowledge and wisdom knows no bounds. A cripple since birth, Luhan has lived his life coddled by his family, constantly being tutted and treated like a fragile creature. However, everything changes when his powers manifest. Now, he is a mercenary hired for his unique services. 

 

 

Lay, Life Keeper

Weapon: Lyre (A Thousand Springs), Poisoned Darts

Abilities: Healing, Animate, Plan Communication

Talents: Arcana, Nature, Performance, Persuasion, Deception, Medicine

 

 A traveling bard, the eccentric and gentle masks man stumbles upon his powers one day while he was playing music in the forest. He likes talking to plants. 

 

 

Kim Junmyeon,  Siren's Song

Weapon: Flute (Undertow)

Abilities: Water Manipulation, Siren’s Song, Mirage

Talents: Persuasion, Nature, Medicine, Deception, Stealth

The son of the mayor of a village in the Misty Isles. Suho is forced to grow up way too soon after his father dies of a strange illness, causing Suho to become the new mayor of the small town. Unprepared and unwilling, Suho faces responsibilities much larger than anything he has faced before, all the while looking for a way to be free.

 

 

Kim Minseok, Crystal Guardian

Weapon: Rapier (Frostguard)

Abilities: Ice Manipulation, Mirror Image, Freezing Point

Talents: Acrobatics, Persuasion, Nature, Athletics, History

 

A royal guard of the kingdom of Glasskeep. As the youngest general of the kingdom, Minseok is often looked down upon his peers. Tasked with the safekeeping of the kingdom’s most prized possession, The Mirror Stone. His job suddenly becomes more complicated when a light breeches one chilly night. 

 

Supporting Characters

 

Im Yoona, Beast Mistress (Gaia's Hand)

Weapon/s: Dual-wield scimitars (Twin Fangs), Quarterstaff

Abilities: Beastshape, Beast Sense, Life's Touch

Talents: Nature, Survival, Perception, Medicine, Stealth

Head of reconaissance and lone disciple of Valera. She is known for her cunning and combat ability, something she learned from her master. She has been in charge of finding information on the possible whereabouts of The 12. She's close to the Jongdae, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo, treating each like her little brothers, espcially Chanyeol. 

 

All pictures credit to their sources.