Chapter 7

He was Sick

Jaebum poked at his lunch as he waited for Jinyoung to join him. He was a bit late, but knowing him, he'd probably spent too much time writing his essay or reading one of his class assigned books. He knew that Jinyoung had been really busy this semester and had a constant pile of assignments and other activities so the little time they were able to spend together was precious. Normally it was lunch two to three days a week, late night sessions in the library or the cafe they’d gone to on their first date, and video chatting at night. It'd been a couple of weeks since their sleepover and a week since the festival, which had been crazy.

 

The festival had been really fun. Class had been canceled on the first day, which was a Friday, and each day they'd been able to spend most of it together. Even though they spent most of the days with their friends and Jaebum’s family, it had been really fun. They tried a bunch of food, played games at the different stalls, participated in group or couple games and activities, and went to the different attractions like the photo booth and the haunted house. The highlight of each day was watching each other perform.

 

Jaebum's dances were y and powerful. Jinyoung was utterly captivated by the way he moved. He had this intense focus, confidence, effortlessness, and surety when he danced and interacted with the audience. Jinyoung would not deny that he felt arrows to his heart with every hip , body roll, and of lips. For the first time Jinyoung realized how incredibly y his boyfriend was. Not only did the dances reveal attractive physical traits, but also attractive character traits. Even though he knew this, Jinyoung’s opinion of Jaebum being a hard worker was reaffirmed. The moves he executed flawlessly were skillful and obviously took a lot of practice. The passion he had for dance was blatant. It took Jinyoung's breath away each time he graced the stage.

 

Jaebum felt a similar way as he watched his boyfriend on the stage. Not only was Jinyoung a great dancer, but he was also a great singer. Every performance was like a musical or an act. The choreography was sharp and well executed. Jinyoung sang so well; Jaebum could listen for hours. He slowly became obsessed with every costume, every dance, and any glimpse of his Jinyoung. Jinyoung's dancing evoked many emotions within Jaebum. Smiles kept appearing on his face. Jinyoung's moves were so effortless and smooth. He could dance to any song of any genre with an innate grace. Jinyoung was ridiculously talented. Not only was he talented, but he was smart, handsome, funny, kind, and hardworking. Jaebum felt lucky to be dating him.

 

After each performance, they'd meet up and walk around the festival alone. Hand in hand. They created their own bubble as they talked about anything and everything in the weekend they had together. On the last night, before the fireworks display, they kissed each other. The feeling of each other's lips and tongues and teeth made them feel closer. Their feelings were strong. They got stronger every day because they understood each other at a deep level. Jinyoung understood Jaebum's rough exterior and awkwardness. Jaebum understood Jinyoung's thoughtfulness and confidence troubles. Together they made each other better, more capable people. They were right on the edge of love.

 

Jaebum was about to call his boyfriend when said man ran up to him. He threw his bag on the table, and confiscated Jaebum's drink. Before Jaebum even spoke, Jinyoung rose his hand. He needed a minute. Running from one side of the campus to the other wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do in ten minutes. After finishing off the drink, Jinyoung spoke.

 

“I'm sorry I'm late. I got tied up talking to Professor Ha.”

 

“Professor Ha? I thought you had Professor Yoo.” Ha and Yoo both taught biological sciences.

 

“I do, but I've had Professor Ha before. She taught me Biology I and Animal Behavior.”

 

“And here I thought you were a literature nerd.” Jaebum said teasingly as he resumed eating his food. Jinyoung looked at it hungrily so he lifted up his chopsticks and fed him. The younger moaned and nodded with satisfaction.

 

“Hahaha very funny. I'm a complex person with lots of sophisticated interests.”

 

“Uh huh. Then why are you dating me? I'm not sophisticated.”

 

“Well not all my interests can be that way. Plus you're more dynamic and intriguing than being simply sophisticated.”

 

“Thanks.” He ate some more food, while occasionally giving Jinyoung a bite of two. “So why were you meeting with Professor Ha?”

 

“Right. Well we've been working on this event for a couple of weeks now, and the other head volunteers and I have been organizing it since like October. We were discussing the final details which caused me to lose track of time. I'm sorry again for being late.”

 

“It's alright. I figured you'd just lost track of time.” Jaebum finished his plate and set down his chopsticks. “But you're not getting off the hook. Get some lunch so we can share it and another drink, and we’ll be good. Deal?”

 

“Deal.” Jinyoung leaned over the table and sealed it with a kiss. When he moved away, both of their faces were smiling.


 

Jaebum rolled over in his bed attempting to snuggle into it more when his phone started ringing. Again. It was the third time, and he was trying to resist being pulled from such a wonderful slumber. His dreams had been pleasant with images of Jinyoung in his bed, going on a date with him, and kissing him. There was no one who deserved to wake him up at whatever ungodly hour this was.

 

As the phone began ringing for the fourth time, Jaebum's hand reached out and grabbed the obnoxiously loud device. It better not be Jackson, or he was going to get cursed out. Jaebum spared a glance at the screen. Jinyoung's beautiful face covered it, different from his lock screen, and he couldn't help but answer it.

 

“Hello?” His voice was a bit gruff and groggy. It was obviously way too early to be awake.

 

“Finally.” Jaebum wanted to roll his eyes, but he decided to roll onto the other side of his bed instead. “Anyway, wake up.”

 

“Why?” Hearing Jinyoung's voice made him want to cuddle with him.

 

“Because… I really need your help.”

 

Jaebum shot up. “What?!”

 

“I need your help.”

 

“For what?”

 

“So today is the thing with Professor Ha. It's a volunteering event as you know, and we’re kind of short staffed. Four of the people who are supposed to be here are either late or unable to attend which is completely irresponsible-”

 

“What am I doing and where is it?”

 

“Wait, you you'll come?!”

 

“Maybe if it interests me.” Jaebum was just bluffing though. If Jinyoung asked him to dive off a cliff into a pile of glass, he'd do it. A volunteering event couldn't be that bad.

 

“Don't be difficult,” Jinyoung chided. “It's at Hanjoo Park close to the shops and stuff. We're doing a pet adoption event. It's for people to adopt animals and get the basic supplies and information for their new pets. I know you like animals so it wouldn't be too far outside your wheelhouse. Please baby, can you do me this big favor?”

 

Jaebum almost died when Jinyoung called him “baby.” Just by using that pet name, Jaebum would've agreed. The cause was good, and definitely something he could get behind. Even better, Hanjoo Park was like a five minute jog from his apartment. He must have been blessed with luck today. “Okay. I'll be there in like thirty minutes top.”

 

“Great. Thank you so much. I'll see you soon.”

 

“Wait, before you hang up. What time is it?”

 

“It's 6:47 in the morning.”

 

“ my life.”

 

“There's a cafe over here so I'll get you some breakfast. Hurry up so I can see you.” Jinyoung didn't wait for a response and hung up. Jaebum's heart fluttered after the call ended.

 

He quickly wiggled out of his bed and walked to the bathroom. He took a quick shower after washing his face and brushing his teeth. He returned to his loft to find something to wear. Since he was dealing with animals outside, it was probably best to go with some light colored jeans and a t-shirt. Normally he would put some sort of jacket on with it, but that seemed unnecessary. Instead of doing his hair, Jaebum pulled on a baseball cap. Satisfied with his casual appearance he quickly grabbed his phone. He trotted down the stairs to the rest of his apartment. After shoving his wallet and keys into his pocket, Jaebum left.

 

After jogging to the park for ten minutes, Jaebum finally saw tents and crates full of animals. At a registration table talking to Professor Ha was Jinyoung with his arms full of papers and clipboards. He walked up to the table without alerting his boyfriend of his arrival.

 

“Hey.”

 

Jinyoung swiveled toward the voice. “You're here. Great.” Jinyoung dropped the things in his arms on the table. “I'm so glad you made it.” He turned back to Professor Ha. “Professor Ha, we're going to go get something to eat, and we'll be back before it starts. Jaebum promised me he'll help with setup when we're done. I already registered him.”

 

Professor Ha turned to the new arrival and spoke, “Hello Jaebum. I'm glad you could join us.” She turned back to her head volunteer and said, “Good. Be back quickly. There's lots of work to do.”

 

Jinyoung escaped from behind the table and dragged Jaebum toward the cafe across the pathway. They ordered a vegetable omelette, tofu with soy sauce, fruit and kimchi with coffees.

 

“Did you not eat breakfast?”

 

“No, I was going eat something here after all the volunteers showed up, but you know what happened.”

 

Jaebum nodded in agreement as their food arrived. He and Jinyoung quickly and quietly ate their breakfast. Too soon, their food had disappeared into their stomachs, and all that was left was half-cups of coffee. They rushed back to the tents now bustling with volunteers and animals. There was a small group of people waiting for the adoption event to start.

 

Jinyoung returned to the registration table while Jaebum got ordered around by higher up volunteers. He did tasks of placing tablecloths down, making sure the right people were at the right place, separating and ordering different papers on the table, moving animals and tables. While he helped people set up another tent and the rest of the stuff for the tent, Mark popped up.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hey Mark. Did Jinyoung emergency recruit you too?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“What’s job are you being assigned?”

 

“Help finish setup then I’ve been tasked with bringing in people.”

 

“But you’re not talkative.”

 

“Jinyoung knew that, but he said I could use my face to bring in people. I’d rather not but I'll do it.”

 

“You’re a good friend. I’ve been assigned to finalizing adoption papers and giving information about what they should expect. I also have to update the database when an animal is adopted.”

 

“That sounds stressful and hectic.”

 

“I know, but the director of the shelter begged Professor Ha to assign someone to help her since one of her employees is in the hospital, and I bet you know how manipulative Ha is.”

 

Mark chuckled in agreement. Professor Ha and Jinyoung were close. He seemed to have a knack for becoming friendly with his professors. Professor Ha and Jinyoung talked about almost everything, including their romantic lives. She knew about Jaebum’s relationship with Jinyoung and was willing to take advantage of it, and Jaebum's willingness to Sao anything for his boyfriend was the perfect tool. Mark thought this predicament was hilarious.

 

“Well have fun. I have to start bringing in the public.” Mark walked away and waved as Jaebum finished up this task. Too soon is was almost nine, the start of the adoption event, and Jaebum was getting a rundown of the system to finalize adoption. Jaebum would require some affection from Jinyoung after the day was over.

 

Once the day started, Jaebum couldn’t catch a break. There were hundreds maybe even thousands of people coming through the event. Families, singles, and couples strolled in and adopted many of the animals there. Every hour about ten to fifteen animals were being adopted. Each pet required ten pages of paperwork, about fifty questions on the computer, an update on the animal, and assembly of important documents and initial supplies. One family adopted two dogs and a cat, which occupied Jaebum’s entire lunch break.

 

Jinyoung was busy the entire time as well. Jaebum saw glances of him rushing through the tents. He was always tending to the other volunteers and helping the attendees get through all the stations. The couple only saw each other when Jinyoung dropped off water bottles. Jaebum almost cried when their hands didn’t touch. Jinyoung always had something to, and it made him even more appreciative that Jaebum was helping with something so important to him. As it got into mid-afternoon, Jinyoung became the MC of several panels discussing pet care, the importance of adoption, things to know about owning a pet, and other details that made having a pet seem like a responsibility. After an animal meet-and-greet with children and some of the animal available for adoption, Jinyoung was finally able to drag Jaebum away for a snack.

 

“Jaebum, I want to thank you again.” They were currently hand in hand with an one hour break to eat some street food. They weren’t going to eat too much since the event would be ending around eight, four hours, and hopefully they’d be able to eat dinner before ten. “I know you’re probably starving so I really want to thank you for sacrificing your Saturday for me. It really means a lot.”

 

“You don’t have to thank me. I’m your boyfriend. It was only right for me to help you.” Jaebum turned Jinyoung’s face towards him. He cheek before leaning in and kissing him. “Now, let’s go eat some yummy things before we return. I want you and I to be able to finish this thing excellently. “

 

“Okay.”

 

The couple maneuvered through the street food stalls and buildings. They only ordered one of each food and shared, well except for the fish cakes and the fried rice cake skewers. Jinyoung refused to let him have any of his. They were able to split the sweet Korean pancake, a tornado potato, a goldfish bread (Jinyoung insisted they come back afterward to get another one), and a fried squid. They washed it all down with fresh-squeezed lemonade.

 

They walked back to the event slowly. Their time together was limited, and hopefully a couple more minutes wouldn’t allow the event to go into chaos. “Well since we probably won’t see each other for some more hours, what do you want for dinner?”

 

Jinyoung smiled before he replied, “Let’s get spicy rice cakes, the goldfish bread with the ice cream in it, also the ice cream filled waffles, egg bread definitely egg bread, fried chicken, chicken skewers, and kimchi dumplings.”

 

“Anything else?”

 

“Oh and tempura.”

 

“You do know we can eat some of that stuff at a different time?”

 

“I know, but we’ll be eating with Mark too. Also we haven’t really been on a date lately so I really want to enjoy the time we do have together as much as possible.”

 

Jaebum smiled and pressed a kiss to his boyfriend’s temple. “I understand. Let’s make an effort to go on more dates. In exchange for that, let’s not eat all of those things you listed. We need some other things to look forwards to.”

 

Jinyoung pouted cutely as intertwined their hands. “Fine, but I definitely want the goldfish bread with ice cream.”

 

“Okay.” They returned to the event and went back to their stations.

 

The rest of the day was even busier than earlier. Jinyoung felt like he was constantly being pulled in multiple directions. He secretly wished Professor Ha had chosen more people to help organize and run this adoption event. It's not that he didn't like the responsibility, he did, but this thing has turned out to be a lot larger and more successful than either of them had imagined. Even though they'd had some difficulties, the overall results were worth it. Jinyoung had an inkling that Jaebum might have been his good luck charm.

 

That was another thing that made this day worth everything. Not only had Jaebum ditched whatever plans he'd had for the day, he'd also been extremely diligent in his duties. He never once complained. When he interacted with the public he was always polite, helpful, and kind. It made Jinyoung's heart swell with pride at the way his boyfriend displayed himself today. Jinyoung could feel himself inching closer and closer to loving him. Love wasn't something he could certainly say now but in the near future it was definitely possible.

 

Professor Ha pulled him aside after he finished MCing his last panel.

 

“Professor Ha, I'm about to go wrap things up.” It's almost eight, meaning the adoption drive was almost over.

 

“Well let me talk a little before you start doing that. I know you're going to run away with your boyfriend once you're done.”

 

Jinyoung blushed. “I'm not only running away with him. I'll also be with Mark.”

 

“Say what you want. Anyway I just wanted to tell you something.”

 

“What?”

 

“I think you and Jaebum are a very good match.” Jinyoung was shocked. “He seems to be less guarded. I know when he was in my class, he didn't interact much with others, but he was a capable student. He definitely was somewhat withdrawn from his classmates. He in turn makes you less uptight. You used to constantly drive yourself crazy trying to be perfect, but Jaebum relaxes you. Even though you continue to strive to do your best, you don't seem to worry about imperfections as much. I'm very happy for you. You made a good choice.”

 

“Professor Ha,” Jinyoung took a deep breath and returned to speaking, “that really means a lot to me.” He reached out and hugged her. Professor Ha had been like a mother to him. With his parents away, Professor Ha had been, and still was, there for him. When his parents didn't understand he was having a hard time, she was there. So for her to say something like that truly meant a lot to Jinyoung.

 

“Now go on. Go do your job. I have stuff to do as well.”

 

Jinyoung resumed his running around as he helped the rest of the volunteers shut down. Jaebum was dealing with a few more new pet parents before he could help as well. About thirty animals hadn't been adopted, which was unfortunate, but the exposure this event gave to adoption shelter gave them hope. There had even been newspaper and TV reporters to cover the event.

 

Jinyoung continued moving things and shutting everything down. Papers were filed. Table cloths were folded. Tables were collapsed. Tents were broken down and put in boxes. He had to talk with the movers to make sure they brought everything back to the university storage. Another leading volunteer would oversee that.

 

Jaebum walked over and helped the other volunteers finish the other tasks. He joked and made sure to not be a statue. He was exceptionally gentlemanly. That was the man Jinyoung fell for.  Watching Jaebum interact with people on a more personal level, was heartwarming for Jinyoung. He'd have to tell Jackson and Youngjae about this.

 

“Are we done?” Jaebum dropped himself in a random chair. He pulled Jinyoung down to sit on his lap. Jinyoung wiggled a little and made himself comfortable.

 

“Almost. Once everything is out of sight, we'll be free.”

 

“I wouldn't call eating with you and Mark freedom.”

 

“You don't like eating with me? I could just go home and leave you two.”

 

“No, I like eating with you, but with Mark it becomes another target Jaebum fest.”

 

“We don't target you.”

 

“I'll correct myself. It's an ignore Jaebum fest.”

 

“Don't be silly. I'm too tired to try and ignore you.”

 

“So you do it on purpose?” Jaebum pulled him closer and playfully nipped at Jinyoung's ear.

 

“Stop. We're in public.”

 

“I don't care.”

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes and removed himself. He had a job to finish and sitting on his boyfriend's lap wasn't productive. About an hour later, the last moving van was loaded up. Once it moved, the animals would be brought back to the shelter. Jinyoung got momentarily distracted by the animals.

 

Slipping a hand around his waist, Jaebum joined his boyfriend to peer at the animals. “I didn't get to look at them earlier.”

 

“I got a little time, but then my job went to .”

 

Jaebum laughed. “They're all cute.”

 

“Yeah, but it's a shame they couldn't find homes today.”

 

“But we did find a lot of them homes.” Jaebum kissed his cheek. “They'll find homes eventually too.” He suddenly removed his arm from Jinyoung's waist and walked closer to the cages.

 

“Hi little one.” Jaebum the face of an adorable kitten. “No one wanted to bring you home? I wonder why. You're so pretty.” His hands started to move toward the cage lock. He popped it open unconsciously and slipped the cat into his arms. After playing with her for a while, he whined, “Ugh, I want one.”

 

“Why don't you adopt her then.”

 

“It's a her?”

 

“Yeah, I remember meeting her. She doesn't have a name though.”

 

“She's so cute.” He continued to play with her. “I don't know if I have time to care for her though.”

 

“Well cats are pretty independent. Once you teach her to use the litter box and where her food is available, she'll be able to navigate your apartment without you. You two can be together at night.”

 

“How long does it take to train them?”

 

“A couple of weeks.”

 

“A couple of weeks?” Jaebum contemplated. He could possibly deal with excretion everywhere for a couple of weeks. “Maybe I should do it. She could definitely replace you for cuddles.”

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes. He went to talk with the adoption shelter head director. He quickly helped Jaebum adopt the kitten. He was experienced with the process because he'd done it the year before. After finishing the paperwork, all the animals had been loaded up.

 

Jaebum's new kitten was back in her crate. He held her patiently with Mark crouching and playing with her through the bars. Jinyoung said his final goodbyes.

 

“Come on you two. I'm starving.” Jinyoung started walking away. “Does she need to be fed?”

 

“No, they fed her a couple of hours ago.” Jaebum said absentmindedly. He might have to catproof his apartment. Hopefully she wouldn't scratch up everything or else he'd never hear the end of it from the landlord. He also needed to tell Youngjae that he probably wouldn't be able to come over anymore.

 

Mark and Jinyoung did end up ganging up on him as he settled down on a nearby table in front of a convenience store, reserving it for the group. They left arm in arm giggling as they went to buy: fried chicken, spicy rice cakes, fried rice cakes (Mark was craving some), several different goldfish breads, and sweet Korean Pancakes (also for Mark). Thankfully that's half of what Jinyoung had originally planned on eating.  

 

Jinyoung came back, with Mark, holding a bucket of spicy rice cakes, and eating his coveted ice cream goldfish bread.

 

“We've returned with food.” Jinyoung plopped on a seat across from him. Mark sat next to him and placed all the other foods on the table. Jinyoung sat back and finished his ice cream.

 

“Are you satisfied?”

 

“Of course. It's just a good as always.”

 

“How often do you eat these?”

 

“Not too often. Like two or three times a month. They're awesome.”

 

Jaebum rolled his eyes and stabbed the rice cakes. Mark quietly munched on the fried ones.

 

“Mark, did you enjoy your day?”

 

“Yeah, but I'm going to unavailable tomorrow. There were so many people.” He lifted a piece of chicken towards himself and took a bite. “I'm completely wiped out, and I have that awful English assignment to do.”

 

Jinyoung laughed as he ate some of the spicy rice cakes. That assignment was awful; he had to pull an all-nighter to finish it early. He kind of wanted some kimchi, so he popped out of his seat and went into the convenience store. A couple of moments later, he returned with a container .

 

“For Jaebum. You deserve a reward.” Jinyoung peeled back the plastic and offered the first bite to the recipient. Jaebum took it graciously. He then peeled off a bite of the croissant style goldfish bread.

 

They are in silence for the rest of the time, except with Mark and Jinyoung feeding each other. Jinyoung refused to feed his boyfriend, but Jaebum did feed him. It was almost midnight as the finished the goldfish breads and the sweet Korean pancakes. Mark had made a beer run to the convenience store. The sipped and enjoyed the city air.

 

“Jinyoung, do you wanna sleepover?”

 

Jinyoung blushed. “Sure.”

 

Mark sighed a breath of relief. He would have had to let Jinyoung sleepover so that he didn't have to go all the way back to his apartment. Not that he didn't like sleepovers with Jinyoung, but Jinyoung and him were becoming extra comfortable with each other. Any transition from spending time as makeshift boyfriends  back to best friends was greatly appreciated. He yawned and decided it was time to go.

 

While standing up and stretching, Mark said, “As much as I enjoy hanging out with you two, I'm tired. I'm going to my apartment. Jaebum, congratulations on your new cat. Jinyoungie, you did a good job today.” Finishing off his beer, he gave his friends parting hugs and a wave.

 

“Now it's just us.”

 

“Yup. Me, you, and Nora.”

 

“Nora? Is that her name?”

 

“Yeah. I came up with it while I waited for you to get food.”

 

“It's pretty.” Jaebum stood up and cleaned up the trash. Jinyoung gathered the supplies they'd gotten for the kitten from the event. Jaebum picked up the crate, and started walking with his boyfriend towards his apartment. When they arrived, Jaebum placed the crate on the floor.

 

“Well this is where I live.”

 

“Wow, it's really nice.” Jinyoung placed the bag down. He looked at the small, but cozy apartment. It suit him though. He looks up and sees the bed in a separate upstairs area. This apartment was very unique. The view out the window was quite nice as well.

 

Jaebum busied himself with making Nora comfortable in her new home. After he finished setting up her bed and placing her in it, he offered Jinyoung something to drink. “Do you want anything?”

 

“Water.” Jinyoung awkwardly stood in the room.

 

“You can make yourself comfortable.” He tossed Jinyoung the bottle of water and motioned him to sit on the futon. “I'm sorry it's so sparse. I would have set the table up if I'd known.” He went back to the kitchen and set up Nora’s food and water bowls. Once he finished that and washing his hands, he returned to the futon.

 

Jaebum stretched himself out, and ended up laying in Jinyoung's lap. He closed his eyes as the younger his hair.

 

“I know you probably don't want to hear it, but thanks again for your help. You really helped me out, and it means a lot to me. Mrs. Lee, the director, said you did a great job, and she'd like you to work with her over the summer.”

 

“That doesn't sound bad, but I want to spend lots of time with you as well.”

 

“Alright.” Jinyoung bent over and kissed Jaebum's nose. “I'm exhausted. Can I borrow some clothes and take a shower?”

 

“Yeah, but I want to take a shower too.” Jaebum's face donned a lecherous smirk. “How about we take one together?”

 

Jinyoung blushed instantly. He hadn't done anything with anyone before. Being around his boyfriend was nerve wracking, but he couldn't refuse the offer. “Okay as long as there's not too much touching.”

 

“I have a small shower.”

 

“That's fine as long as your hands don't wander.”

 

“Fine.”

 

Jaebum walked towards the entrance of his apartment. He opened one of the cabinets and pulled out two pairs of underwear, a t-shirt, and a pair of pajama pants. He didn't normally wear much more than underwear, some days are less, but he did have spare clothes for the occasional guests (Jackson and Youngjae). He wondered how flustered Jinyoung would get when he slept next to him in only his underwear.

 

He walked back to his boyfriend and led him to the bathroom. Jinyoung followed quietly. Sleepiness was making its way into his bones. Jaebum pulled out some towels and started the water. The older quickly rid himself of his jeans and t-shirt through the open bathroom door. Jinyoung followed suit.

 

“I'll throw those in the wash after we're done.” Jinyoung nodded in agreement. It was kind of awkward trying not to gawk at your boyfriend’s half- body for the first time. “I have the soap I use, but I also have guest soap if you want it.”

 

“Your soap is fine. I need to borrow shampoo though.” Jaebum wasn't facing him as he adjusted the water some more. He was trying to give Jinyoung a little bit of privacy.

 

When he finished with the water, he quickly pulled down his underwear and threw it in the direction of the other discarded clothes. Jinyoung removed his own and added it to the pile of clothes outside of the bathroom door. They both inspected each other's bodies before stepping in. Jaebum body was muscular, but not overly defined or developed. You could still see definition, but it wasn't to the point he looked like his goal was to develop muscle while working out. His skin was quite beautiful and Jinyoung could not resist touching it.

 

“I thought you said no inappropriate touching,” Jaebum joked. Jinyoung's hands moved across and down his chest to his abs. It felt magnificent to have his boyfriend touch him.

 

“You can touch me if you want.”  Jinyoung said softly. Jaebum felt so good underneath his palm. Seeing and touching him like this felt too good to be true. His senses were being overwhelmed. He barely noticed when his boyfriend took him up on his offer. Jaebum‘s hand started at his neck, then moved down his collarbone, over his chest, and then to his arm. He then yanked Jinyoung closer and pulled him into a hug. The skin on skin contact set all their nerves on fire. Neither one could help but meet each other's lips.

 

The kiss was long and soft. Jinyoung's hand worked its way of his boyfriend’s sides and up his back. Jaebum's hand made it way to the other’s nape. Their heads angled naturally to accommodate one another. Their eyes slipped closed as their lips moved against each other. Drawing back, Jinyoung pulled the other to the waiting shower as Jaebum quickly snatched to wash cloths.

 

“Do you want me to wash your back?”

 

“Sure.”

 

Jinyoung started washing his hair as Jaebum washed his back. He ignored the sharp intake of breath as his came into the sight of the older. He could not ignore the statement he made about it.

 

“Jinyoungie, you've got a fantastic . It's even better .” A rogue hand it and grabbed a cheek. It was so plush. Jaebum was very tempted to grab both cheeks.

 

A sharp slap to his wrist was accompanied with hissed words “Do your job and get your wandering hands away.” Thankfully, Jaebum got the message and continued washing his back. Jinyoung returned to washing his hair so that he could return the favor.

 

Once he rinsed his hair, Jaebum latched his lips onto the junction of Jinyoung's neck and shoulder and at it. The younger’s hand reached around and tugged on the other's hair.

 

“Let me wash your back.” The older let go with a final hard . He turned around and let Jinyoung clean him.

 

Jinyoung steadfastly washed his back while admiring the broad shoulders and muscular back. The view, unlike Jaebum did not distract him from the task at hand. Once he completed the task, Jaebum turned around and kissed him.

 

This one was deep and Jinyoung moaned as his boyfriend tugged on his bottom lip. The opening allowed for the older to slip his tongue in. Jinyoung's arms wrapped themselves around his boyfriend's neck as one of his legs went around his waist. Jaebum braced them with both hands against the wall as their kiss deepened. The water spraying on their faces and down their bodies. Eventually, Jaebum pulled back and moved them out of the stream.

 

“Let's finish this and go to sleep.” Jinyoung just nodded. That last kiss had drained most of his remaining energy. They quietly washed the other's torsos before washing their own lower halves. After quickly rinsing off, they jumped out of the shower.

 

Jaebum wrapped his towel around his waist and walked out, giving Jinyoung privacy as he loaded the washing machine. He extracted all pocket contents before throwing all the stuff in together. He finished starting it when Jinyoung exited in his borrowed clothes and a towel wrapped around his head. They were a bit big on him, but it wasn't anything too noticeable.

 

“Can I brush my teeth?”

 

“Yeah.” Jaebum started to dry himself off as he returned to the bathroom. He opened another cabinet and produced a spare toothbrush. He quickly pulled on his underwear as Jinyoung started to brush his teeth. Jaebum joined him and was accidentally spit on while reaching for the toothpaste. Once they finished cleaning up, they left the bathroom to go to bed.

 

“Do you have a spare charger?” Jinyoung worked vigorously to dry his hair properly. Jaebum's shampoo had been really nice. It was kind of strange to smell like him, but it was comforting.

 

“Yeah.” He walked over to the wall to one of Jackson's left behind chargers. He tossed it to his boyfriend and checked on Nora, who was sleeping peacefully in her new bed. Jaebum set some food and water out for her. He'd have to get some more soon. It seemed to only be enough for a couple of days.

 

Jaebum walked up the stairs in only his underwear and open the blankets for Jinyoung to crawl under. The younger followed him up, but crawled over to charge his phone with the spare charger Jaebum had loaned him. he then crawled into to Jaebum's bed. As soon as Jinyoung was somewhat settled, the older pulled him closer and draped his extremities over the other. They were only inches apart. Jaebum's features could be made out with the light coming from the window. He looked so peaceful.

 

After some moments of taking each other's appearance in, Jaebum spoke, “What made you get involved in the pet adoption event?”

 

“Professor Ha offered for the Animal Behavior class to volunteer, and she saw how passionate I was about it that she incorporated me into it more. We do it every year. We would do it more often, but we don't really have the manpower or the time to get it done. Plus the best time for that type of event is now.”

 

“Well why are you so passionate about it?”

 

“I love animals. I always wanted a pet when I was younger, but I couldn't have one. I took the class originally so that one day I could really take care of a pet. When I volunteered, seeing all the happiness adopting a pet brought to all those people really made me want to help connect an animal with a new family. Even though I don't get that much interaction with them, I am still satisfied with what we do.”

 

“You're so sweet.”

 

“Thanks.” Jinyoung wanted to fall asleep, but his body was tingling where Jaebum touched him. “I wonder when Nora will be able to get up here.”

 

“Not anytime soon.”

 

“She'll be big before you know it.”

 

“I know, and it worries me.”

 

Jinyoung laughed. “You've only had her a couple of hours, and you're already a doting dad.”

 

“Yeah.” Jaebum rubbed Jinyoung's nape. “Let's go to sleep. We're not leaving this bed until I say so.”

 

“Why?” All his stress was being rubbed away by Jaebum’s deft fingers. His mind felt like mush. Leaving this cozy bed didn't seem like a bad thing though.

 

“You made me leave this morning so I'm making you stay.”

 

With a hummed agreement, Jaebum's touches lulled Jinyoung into a deep sleep. He barely felt the kisses on his forehead and lips. Jaebum honestly thought about never leaving his bed because having his boyfriend sleeping beside him was perfect. As of now, he wanted nothing else.

 

I updated! Did you like it? I wish it could have update sooner, but writing takes a lot of effort and time. The longer it is, the more time it takes for me to finish. So I'm sorry. Anyway, this story is getting closer to the end. It's so sad because this is my first fic. I have about four more chapters planned (so its not really that upcoming). I'm going to try and finish it by the end of the month but that may not happen because its me. Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting. Please do continue to show your support the various ways you can.