Chapter 5

He was Sick

SURPRISE!!! I'm updating again. I didn't want to leave you guys hanging too long, and I was motivated to complete this portion of the story. I hope you guys are enjoying it so far. This chapter actuallly turned out to be longer than the previous chapter (which surprised me) at 5.6k words. I'm warning you that there is a little language, not as much as the previous chapter, and some ual refrences. Please comment, subscribe, and vote. I really enjoyed reading the comments for the Chapter 4 update. Anyway, thank you for all of your support and have a good time reading. @(*^*)@


“You're not completely forgiven.” Jinyoung said with a smirk on his face.

 

“Understood.” Jaebum moved his head away so that he could look at his new boyfriend. Hopefully, they would be able to move on from his temper tantrum. As he looked around, he remembered where they were. Jaebum blushed and dropped his hands from where they had settled on Jinyoung's waist. He had officially embarrassed himself in front of his peers, friends, the general public, and family who had walked back to his section after hearing the commotion.

 

“Sorry everyone for causing this scene. Since you have seen me at such a low point please look forward to seeing a better character from me,” he sincerely said as he bowed at a right angle in every direction. He saw his family's faces each held different emotions. His father’s face was contorted with disappointment. How could his son be so rude to a person? His mother was confused and a bit angry because of Jaebum's actions. His grandparents seemed shocked and embarrassed that their precious grandchild had caused such drama.

 

Jaebum knew he needed to attempt some sort of reconciliation after the event so he quickly turned to Jinyoung and said, “Let's talk more after the showcase. I need to get through it, and I have some people I want you to meet. Will you join me for dinner afterwards?”

 

Jinyoung nodded. His cheeks were on fire. He hadn't expected for so many people to be there, and he'd stepped outside of his typical student image. Jaebum pressed a kiss to his forehead and watched him walk to the next hall.

 

Jaebum tried to keep his emotions together and focus on explaining his work. Immediately after the incident, people gave him dirty looks or congratulated him on his new relationship. He was completely embarrassed. His cool, mysterious image was ruined. It also didn't help that Jackson and Youngjae sat on the two chairs in the hall. They just sat there and whispered to each other and laughed. He was really in for it later.

 

It was approaching the end and the number of attendants had dwindled. A final group of about 20 was making their way through the studio. When they finally completed their tour, one of the professors made an announcement.

 

“We would like to officially announce the end of this year's Fall Semester Photography Department Showcase. Thank you to all the students that participated and help make this event so successful. We'd also like to thank the attendants for making this showcase so successful. We’ll let you guys leave and celebrate with your loved ones. Make sure you are here by 10 A.M. Saturday, since this is a week long exhibit, to pick up your pieces. We hope you all have a great holiday season, and we'll see you next semester.”

 

The students clapped. The most stressful event of the year was over and it had been executed seamlessly. Jaebum walked towards his classmates and said his goodbyes with a few words and parting hugs. If someone thoughts being a Photography major was easy, then they hadn't taken a semester at his photography department. They'd suffered together. As Jaebum said his final farewells, he felt a strong hand clap onto his shoulder.

 

“Before we go see your family, let's talk.” Jackson's voice was serious, which was probably a bad thing.

 

They walked to a different hall with a better seating arrangement. They sat on a bench side to side, shoulder to shoulder, and thigh to thigh with Jaebum in the middle. They were quiet for a couple of seconds before Youngjae started the conversation.

 

“Hyung… Um… Why were you so mean to Jinyoung hyung?”

 

“You're calling him hyung? You haven't even met him.” Jaebum was trying to lighten the mood.

 

“Well he's your boyfriend now so we will probably become close so I should address him more closely.”

 

Jaebum almost rolled his eyes.

 

“Jaebum, you never answered the question.” Jackson was definitely upset at him if he was moving away from the more lighthearted banter.

 

“Why was I so mean?” Jaebum said aloud but he was also wondering himself. He never acted like that. “I don't really know. This is the first time I've felt this way about someone and when I thought that my feelings weren't returned, I just wanted to reject everything and anything dealing with him. My actions were childish and rude. I'm ashamed of myself for acting like that. I did not represent myself well.”

 

“You got that right. I can't believe you ignored him and pretended he didn't exist in front of his face. Then you had the nerve to lie to us, your best friends, about the situation.”

 

“I technically didn't lie.”

 

“You omitted the truth.” Youngjae looked at the piece in front of him while trying to gather his thoughts. “You didn't even tell us what was going on. You isolated yourself in your childish jealousy and hurt. Jackson hyung and I are the people you should confide in in situations like these. We could have made you feel better or given some guidance.”

 

“Yeah. Why would you even think that Jinyoung didn't like you? You guys spent so much time together, which would be abnormal if he had a boyfriend. Even though I haven't met him, cheating seems out of character for him.”

 

“You're both right. I'm obviously not the most secure person in the romantic sense. My feelings were really overwhelming, and they were so volatile that instead of being rational and confident, I shut down. I didn't deal with this situation well. I neglected our friendship and made things unnecessarily complicated. I'm sorry guys. I knew you'd be there for me, but I was so locked up in my head that I didn't depend on you when I needed you guys the most.” Jaebum's words dripped with sincerity. He was truly remorseful for all the people he'd affected with his assholish behavior.

 

Youngjae and Jackson leaned forward and looked at each other and then nodded. “We accept your apology. That's all we wanted to hear. Hyung we'll always be there to support you. Even if you have some personality flaws, we'll still be there. I'm glad that Jinyoung was able to get through to you. He's really amazing. I would never have the courage to confront someone so publicly,” Youngjae said as he stood up.

 

“Same. He's awesome. I want to make him secretary of the “Dealing with Jaebum” club. He'll have more first hand accounts of dealing with Jaebum.”

 

Jaebum rolled his eyes. This “club” seemed to be Jackson's only focus. They stood up and moved to the exit of the studio, which was also the entrance. When they reached the area, Jinyoung was talking to Jaebum's mother and grandmother as his father and grandfather were debating about something, probably where they'd eat dinner.

 

Jaebum took a deep breath and prepared himself for whatever was about to happen. “Thanks for waiting.” He walked over to Jinyoung and wrapped an arm around the middle of his back.

 

“Im Jaebum, how could be so mean to someone as sweet as Jinyoung? We've been talking and I cannot believe we've raised you this way.” His mother’s scolding tone and stern face was exactly what he'd expected.

 

“Mom…” He walked over to her and rested his arms over her shoulders. He looked into her eyes. “You didn't raise me this way. I know better. I acted uncharacteristically. There are no excuses for my behavior. I'm sorry to have represented you, Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa like that.”

 

Jaebum's father walked over to him and patted his back before hugging him. His grandparents joined. Jackson and Youngjae  included themselves while pulling Jinyoung along. Jaebum started to cry. He felt so loved and he didn't feel like he deserved it but decided to accept the feelings anyway. Once they broke apart, Jaebum wanted to switch to a different subject.

 

He wiped his tears and pulled Jinyoung close to him. “I'd like to introduce you to my boyfriend Jinyoung. You've already met my family, but these are my friends Jackson and Youngjae.” He motioned to his two young friends. “Jackson, Youngjae this is Jinyoung. I hope you'll become friends.”

 

Jackson rushed up to Jinyoung and pushed Jaebum out of the way.

 

“Let's talk.” Jackson said to Jinyoung while pulling him away from the others. “Why aren't you following? It's almost seven. I'm starving.” Everyone laughed, except Jaebum, he was in a sour mood over his boyfriend being stolen. Jinyoung turned around to look at Jaebum and smiled. That small action was enough to settle his emotions.

 

They walked to a restaurant known for its traditional Korean food. Jaebum wanted something warm as the cold penetrated his coat. He wanted to talk to Jinyoung alone, maybe after dinner. His family left him behind as they wanted to talk to Jinyoung and his friends, who they hadn't seen in awhile. Jaebum now has time to reflect.

 

This day has been emotionally and physically exhausting. He'd been up for a long time and the emotional onslaught wasn't helping. Jinyoung had shown him a new side of himself. Jaebum had only seen the pleasant, innocent somewhat serious Jinyoung that he'd encountered when they were together. This side was refreshing and indicated to him that his new boyfriend was no pushover. Boyfriend. He couldn't believe he could call Jinyoung his boyfriend, or identify himself as Jinyoung's boyfriend. This was Jaebum's first relationship and he'd already screwed up before it even started. It seemed that Jinyoung would be someone he could rely on to keep him sane and call him out on his bull, which was very much appreciated. Jaebum was optimistic, for the first time in a long time, that this relationship would work.

 

“Jaebum, we're here,” his boyfriend said softly, pulling Jaebum back to reality.

 

He walked through the door he was holding open into the warmth of the restaurant. His sense were assaulted by the welcoming atmosphere and the delicious smells. He sat across from Jinyoung, who was next to Youngjae and his mother, while he sat between Jackson and his grandfather. His grandmother and father sat across from each other next to their spouses. The waitress handed them their menus and took their drink orders. When she came back, the group ordered shared dishes and individual dishes along with the sides.

 

As they waited, Jaebum couldn't look at Jinyoung who was engaged in conversation with his mother or Jackson and Youngjae. Jaebum moved between his grandparents to tell them about his photography and what he's been up to, in detail, over the past two weeks. As the conversation changed, his grandfather didn't try and avoid certain subjects by asking what the misunderstanding between he and Jinyoung was.

 

“Grandpa…” His relatives were giving him the look that wasn't getting out of it, “I saw him with his friend, and I misinterpreted the situation and got jealous.” The simple explanation was good for his sanity. Any extra time he spent thinking about what he did would send him into a depressed state.

 

Sensing his boyfriend’s discomfort, Jinyoung changed the subject. “If you wanted to see me so much, I could given you my schedule.”

 

Jaebum's head whipped to Jinyoung's direction. “I didn't want to see you that badly.”

 

“Are you sure? People who run into someone don't stalk them outside of a door. They peek and keep walking.”

 

“I just stopped. I saw you and became interested in what you were doing.”

 

“Uh huh so that means that you’re obsessed with me.”

 

“How do my actions indicate that?”

 

“If it was me I'd have just poked my head in and waved hello and then left.”

 

“Well your dancing was really intriguing.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Jackson then took a little bit of information and made a new conversation, “You dance?”

 

“Yeah. I've been dancing for awhile.”

 

“What type of dancing do you do?” Jaebum's mom asked.

 

“Different styles, but not b-boying like Jaebum.”

 

Jaebum returned to his original seat as Jinyoung proceeded to talk about his hobbies until their food arrived, and Jaebum really appreciated how well he got along with the people cared for most in the world. He hadn't planned on letting them meet Jinyoung this soon, but it was probably for the better. This man seemed really special, and Jaebum's heart was fluttering with relief. He spent the rest of dinner listening to his loved ones talk, and occasionally joining in on the conversation. As their table was cleared and the check was paid, they started to put their coats on and prepared to leave.

 

Jaebum fixed Jinyoung's coat so that he'd be more comfortable and warm and wrapped his scarf around him.

 

“Why are you so good at putting scarves on?” Jinyoung whispered to him.

 

“Maybe it's a latent talent. Plus I'm inclined to make sure you're warm.”

 

“I could wrap my own scarf and still be warm.”

 

“Maybe I just want you to look cute, but then again you look cute no matter what.”

 

Jinyoung blushed as he glared at him. His sweet words won't get him too far.

 

“I also like doing things for you,” Jaebum continued.

 

“If you lovebirds are done ignoring the rest of us, we're leaving,” Jackson said snarkily.

 

Jaebum finished what he was doing and followed the rest of the group. He didn't plan on following them to their next destination. He still wanted his alone time with Jinyoung.

 

“I'll see you guys soon.” Jaebum said as he walked over to his mother to give her a hug. The embrace was long and reassuring. They broke apart and faced each other.

 

“You're not going to spend the night? I thought you'd want to see Nora?” his mother asked.

 

“I do, but I can go see her later since I'm out of school for awhile. I'll definitely see you guys Saturday since I have to move my pieces.”

 

“Alright then. Make sure you get home safely. I want you to text me when you get to your apartment.”

 

“Yes.” He stepped out of her embrace and moved onto his father.

 

“Bye Dad.” He gave him a handshake before being pulled into a hug.

 

His dad whispered into his ear, “I think you've made a good choice.”

 

Jaebum jerked back to look him in the eyes to see if what he'd just heard was true. His father slightly nodded. Their relationship was interesting to say the least. Since he was sick when he was younger, he and his dad weren't really ever able to do activities together that normal fathers and sons did. They'd gone fishing occasionally when he wasn't trapped in the hospital. The two of them had developed their relationship in other ways. He was always by his side after every treatment and they'd share their feelings easily. He was the person he'd go to for reassurance, guidance, and basically supported him as he got older. His father had never coddled him or stepped around his feelings, so his approval of Jinyoung meant a lot.

 

Jaebum felt that his family's approval was important when it came to his partner in life. Wait. Partner in life? Partner in life? We literally became an item four hours ago and I'm considering marriage. I need to get a grip.

 

He hugged both of his grandparents at the same time and kissed them on their cheeks.

 

“Bring Jinyoung over sometime. We'd love to feed him.” His grandfather must also approve.

 

“You also should borrow a car and take him for a drive sometime.” His grandmother rarely let anyone even sit, let alone drive, in one of their cars. He was only granted permission to drive them after she made him take her own personal driving test. She must really like Jinyoung.

 

“Alright. I'll take you up on the offer.” Jaebum said smiling.

 

They hailed cabs and went their separate ways after telling the others goodbye. He now needed to say goodbye to his friends, but he felt that they, Jackson, wouldn't let him go easily.

 

“Bye you two.” He pulled them into a hug.

 

“We need to talk.” Of course it was Jackson.

 

“Keep it short.

 

“Don't up. Protected is the best . Do you have a ?” Jackson was just starting.

 

“I'm only taking him home. Nothing more.”

 

“Sounds like a wasted opportunity.”

 

“Not everyone is looking to screw someone.”

 

“I'll have you know I'm very selective with who I .”

 

“Hyung, language. Jaebum hyung, Jinyoung hyung seems to suit you. He isn't like the type you used to talk to; I didn't like them. He's also very nice looking. Don't go too fast since he's your first. Plus you're in college so you have time.”

 

“Youngjae…”

 

“Okay, okay. I'm going in a different direction from what I intended. I'm just so excited for you. But I understand you want alone time. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

 

“Yes. I'll see you guys soon. We'll meet up sometime this week.”

 

“Don't make promises you can't keep Jaebum. You'll probably have your tongue down his throat most of the time. You'll probably forget about us. Youngjae! We’ll be alone. No hyung to guide us.”

 

“Jackson, I can hear you. Don't be so dramatic. I promise to do something this week. Bye.”

 

He hugged them once again as they started walking toward the bus stop. Jaebum turned around after waving at them.

 

“Your friends are funny.” Jinyoung walked over and linked their arms. He smiled at him and his eyes disappeared behind endearing wrinkles. This moment was picture worthy.

 

“You like them?”

 

“Yeah. Youngjae’s really cute and he seems like the type to encourage and support everything. Jackson's really a great guy. I can tell he's a great friend. He's got an attractive personality.”

 

“Those are some high praises.”

 

“Is that not your opinion of them?”

 

“Somewhat. I won't disagree with you though.”

 

“You're such a tsundere.”

 

Jaebum snorted. What a description.

 

“What did you and my family talk about? How did you like them?”

 

“Well your family apologized in your stead. Your grandfather brought me to the bathroom and cleaned up my face even though I could have done it myself. He's really funny. Your grandmother told me you were a kind child and that she didn't know what happened. She also said that even though you didn't have a traditional childhood, you still interacted with other kids and knew how to treat people so she was really disappointed in you. Your dad actually lead me out of the gallery. He even gave me a hug. Your mom and I talked a lot. She told me some funny stories about you.”

 

“It's not great that they felt that way about me. That's it?”

 

“They'll move on. Your grandmother told me more about your photography interest. Who knew you were so artistic?”

 

“My family likes to talk too much.”

 

“You're their special Jaebum. I liked hearing things about you that make seem like less of a .”

 

“When will you forgive me?”

 

“Who knows? You have to redeem yourself. You have to show me the real Im Jaebum. I think I know friend Jaebum. I know jealous Jaebum. I'm starting to know boyfriend Jaebum. What other Jaebums are inside of you?”

 

“Well hopefully I'll be able to show you. I don't know what you'll see though.”

 

“If you make it worth my while, I'll accept everything.”

 

“Deal.”

 

They walked for a few more minutes before Jaebum broke the silence.

 

“I think we should take a cab.”

 

“You're cold?”

 

“Yes, aren't you?”

 

“A bit.”

 

“Your nose is running.”

 

Jinyoung wiped at his nose.

 

“Fine. Get the cab.”

 

Jaebum quickly hailed a cab and the two of climbed in. The heater was blasting. The two of them were pressed thigh to thigh. Jinyoung leaned forward and told the driver his address.

 

“I don't ride in taxis often.”

 

“Me neither. I like the bus sometimes, and photography is easier if you're walking.”

 

“How often do you go out to take pictures.”

 

“When I feel like it. I went a lot during exam time.”

 

“What did you do when you were avoiding me?”

 

“Well I studied a lot. I didn't go to the library which was hard because I'd always studied there in the past and I wanted to see you there.”

 

“Uh huh.”

 

“You don't believe me?”

 

“No, I do. I just know we'll find out who's more stubborn.”

 

Jaebum chuckled. He had a feeling he would lose. “Well I was also in charge of organizing the showcase for the Lighting in Photography class so I was really busy with that. I hope my classmates don't resent me since I was kind of hard on them.”

 

“Why would they resent you?”

 

“I got upset a little too often, but I was in a tumultuous emotional state and I'm not good with controlling my emotions at times like that. I also have a little anger problem that I've worked on.”

 

“That's interesting. A personality trait I get called out on is for being petty.”

 

“Petty? Really?”

 

“Yeah. It's not that bad though. You'll live.”

 

“If you say so. Anyway, I couldn't really rest because I was so emotional so I would go walking throughout the city and take pictures of anything. Taking pictures is one of my stress relieving methods. I can focus on something else other than what's been having me down.”

 

“How did you feel when you were avoiding me? Why did you ignore me like that the other day?”

 

“I don't know why I ignored you that way. I could have said something else to make you go away, but it just slipped out. I'd had a difficult day and my patience had reached its end. Then seeing you just drove me over the edge, and it seemed you didn't get the message when I ignored you so I said those hurtful words. I was really trying to get you away from me and I just thought of the most wounding phrase I could. That fact just reflects even worse on me. I attempted hurt someone I cared about and it worked. That doesn't indicate anything positive for me.”

 

“It indicates you're creative.”

 

Jaebum side glanced at the man to his right.

 

“Your words really did hurt me. I think I cried for a couple of hours. Mark told me he'd punch you in the face.”

 

“I deserve it.”

 

“He probably won't now since we're dating. At that time, I was going to give you a speech but then you ignored me like that so I changed my speech and included some more expletives.”

 

“You really handed it to me in there.”

 

“I actually hadn't planned on doing that there, but I saw a flyer yesterday and I knew it was probably my only chance.”

 

“I applaud you for your action. It was really attractive.”

 

“You found what I did attractive?”

 

“Kind of. I didn't enjoy getting yelled at in public but I deserved it. Your tenacity was attractive though.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“And to answer your other question. When I was ignoring you, I felt like there was an angel and a devil on each shoulder. I constantly wanted to talk to you and be with you, but I was also mad that you had a boyfriend. I was in turmoil. I tried drowning myself in studying or showcase work and then eventually photography. I couldn't bring myself to go to the dance studio because you might be there. I didn't go to the gym because I was depressed so I couldn't bring myself to focus on anything significantly beneficial. I was just lost. I didn't know what to do so I ignored you and my friends. I barely even talked to my family. They didn't even know why I was acting so strange. I just lost all reason. I went insane.”

 

“You got that right. I understand your feelings though. I wish you'd reacted differently, but it turned out for the better. I'm glad I was able to get through to you.”

 

“It probably wouldn't have worked if you hadn't told me you liked me.”

 

“I gathered that.”

 

“You're dating a man who isn't that bright.”

 

“You're plenty smart, but you just have some confidence issues. That's okay. I can deal with that.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

Suddenly, the taxi stopped.

 

“Sirs, we've arrived at the destination.”

 

Jinyoung climbed out first. Jaebum followed suit and went to the passenger’s side to talk to the driver.

 

“This isn't my stop. I'm just going to say my goodbyes for about five minutes. I'll pay for the entire trip, so could you wait a few minutes?”

 

The driver nodded.

 

Jaebum walked with Jinyoung into the building. They rode the elevator in silence. When they arrived to Jinyoung's door, neither really wanted to part. They faced each other, Jinyoung's back faced his door.

 

“It's late. You should get on your way home.”

 

“I don't want to go yet.”

 

“I don't want you to go either, but you need to sleep. I know you're tired.” Jinyoung lifted his hand to hold Jaebum's cheek, and the latter leaned into the touch.

 

“I'll be okay. It's not my first long day.”

 

“So you're saying if I call you at seven, you'll be awake.”

 

“No. I'm tired let me sleep.”

 

Jinyoung smiled. “Okay. Sleep for as long as you want. If you wake up and want to eat something, call me.”

 

Jaebum nodded. Jinyoung stepped closer until they were nose to nose. They breathed in each other’s presence before Jaebum tilted his head and moving forward for a kiss. Jinyoung closed the distance and returned the kiss with a firm press of slightly chapped lips. The kiss was slow with just the right amount of passion. Their lips press together seamlessly. Perfect. Jinyoung's hands ran through Jaebum's hair. The latter settled his hands on the younger man's waist. They changed angles a couple of times before separating, their foreheads touching.

 

“Good night my darling Jinyoung. Have pleasant dreams.”

 

“I'm not going to sleep until you tell me you've arrived at your apartment.”

 

“You'll probably be asleep by the time I get there.”

 

“Text me anyway.”

 

“Okay. Good night.” Jaebum kissed his forehead.

 

Jinyoung unlocked his door and ushered a simple, “Good night. Rest well,” and blew him a kiss before closing the door behind him.

 

Jaebum exited the building with a sound mind and a heart that was beating a little too fast. He climbed in the taxi and told the driver his address. They rode in silence, and Jaebum drifted off to sleep.

 

“Sir, we've arrived. Sir. Sir.”

 

Jaebum pushed his head off the window and looked around. He stretched and gathered his senses. He pulled out his wallet.

 

“How much?”

 

“50,000 won.”

 

Jaebum pulled out 65,000 and wished the driver a good night. Upon entering his apartment, he was so thankful he left the heater on. It was so cozy in here. He peeled off his clothes and hung them on the hanger; his mother would scold him if he treated his suit badly. He quickly sent a text to Jinyoung who replied almost immediately. After taking a quick shower and brushing his teeth, Jaebum climbed the ladder, , to his bed and snuggled underneath the comforter. He sent Jinyoung a ‘good night’ text, and closed his eyes. He fell asleep before he read Jinyoung's response.

 


 

PJY: Do want to have lunch with me?

 

IJB: Maybe

 

PJY: What would make you accept?

 

IJB: IDK

 

PJY: Well, we can go to the aquarium after.

 

IJB: It's been awhile since I've been to the aquarium… Sure

 

Jaebum was having a date. It'd been about two weeks since they started dating and Christmas was in a couple of days. They'd been on various dates and were getting along well. He was the happiest he'd been in awhile, even happier than when they were hanging out. They were moving a good direction.

 

When Jaebum arrived at the restaurant, Jinyoung was talking to someone in a hood and was sitting diagonally across from him. Jimyoung looked up and waved at Jaebum, beckoning him over. He was going to lean over me kiss him but the murderous look the other man was giving him made him backtrack. He sat in the empty seat next to Jinyoung and across from the man.

 

“Jaebum this is my friend Mark. He's from America. He's also the one you thought I was dating. Mark’s actually a senior and is older than us.”

 

Jaebum stuck his hand out and have Mark a slight bow. Mark returned the handshake, his face have nothing away. His eyes seemed like he was analyzing Jaebum's soul though.

 

“I'm Jaebum. It's nice to finally meet you.”

 

“Did you actually want to meet me?”

 

“Yes, eventually. I knew you were probably pretty upset about what I did to Jinyoung so I wanted to redeem myself somewhat by being a good boyfriend.”

 

Mark just looked at him and nodded. Jaebum didn't know what this guy was thinking. He seemed to be the quiet type so he wouldn't reveal his feelings easily.

 

Jinyoung interrupted the awkward atmosphere laced with tension. “Let's order lunch. I'm starving.”

 

They ordered from the menus place in front of them. It turned out Jinyoung had brought him to ramen restaurant which suited his tastes perfectly. When the waiter left with their orders, they sat in silence.

 

“Mark hyung, tell Jaebum about yourself since I have told him anything.”

 

“Well I have a job as an English tutor even though I'm not great at Korean, but I can deal with the students. I like to play sports such as basketball and skateboarding. I’m on the same dance team as Jinyoung but I don't sing. I plan on being a veterinarian or working with animals.”

 

Their dishes came out, and they dug in.

 

Jinyoung talked about how he and Mark met in an English literature class his freshman, Mark’s sophomore, year, and that they sat next to each other. They helped each other through any language barriers and thus their beautiful friendship germinated. Over the years, they grew closer and became best friends. Mark interjected sometimes to make a funny comment about words that they mixed up or pronounced wrong. The pair told Jaebum other stories of their friendship.

 

Towards the end of lunch, he could see why Mark was Jinyoung's best friend. They complimented each other. Jinyoung had a serious attitude but liked to tease, while Mark was quiet but enjoyed laughing and wasn't unapproachable. They had a dynamic where the two could be comfortable together in silence. They supported each other well.

 

Mark gave Jinyoung money to pay the bill for all of them. Jinyoung stood up and walked to the counter to pay.

 

“I won't let you live if you hurt Jinyoung that way again. He's been through a lot more than you know, and if you make him that upset again, I'll beat you into oblivion. He really likes you. You're the first person he's been interested in this seriously. All he talked about for weeks was you, so you'd better pay me back for listening to all his gushing by treating him well. I was going to punch you but he told me to give you another chance. Do you understand?”

 

Jaebum really didn't have words to respond so he lowered his head and nodded. Mark’s reaction wasn't out of line. He knew he needed to redeem himself from hurting and treating the way he did.

 

Jinyoung returned and shrugged on his coat. Mark stood up and did the same. Jaebum hadn't taken his off so he just stood and waited for Jinyoung. Mark gave Jinyoung a hug and Jaebum a bow before waving goodbye. He walked out the door with his hands in his pockets. The couple followed him soon after out of the door.

 

“What did Mark hyung say?”

 

“He threatened me.”

 

“Not surprising.”

 

“Why do you say that?”

 

“Jackson told me he'd beat you within an inch of your life if you treated me badly.”

 

“Isn't he supposed to be on my side?”

 

“Probably, but you're Jackson's friend so you should know him better than me. ”

 

“Whatever. Mark also told me that you like me a lot more than you're letting on.”

 

Jinyoung blushed.

 

“Maybe.”

 

Jaebum chuckled and slung his arm over his boyfriend's shoulders. Winter was not the best time to start dating since it was harder to have a good amount of physical contact, but this closeness would do.

 

“Are we still going to the aquarium? I brought my camera.”

 

“Yeah. When don't you bring your camera?”

 

They turned in the direction towards the bus stop. The aquarium wasn't that close. Jinyoung could have picked a better location, but the restaurant had been close to his apartment.

 

“I'd bring it less if you weren't so photogenic.”

 

“You're just saying that, but you'd bring the camera no matter what. There other things to take pictures of besides me.”

 

“True, but I'm more inclined to take pictures of you.”

 

“Stop talking so sweet or you'll get cavities.”

 

Jaebum laughed. Jinyoung was so cute. He was just ideal. Everything he did was adorable and perfect and just divine. Jaebum couldn't explain it.

 

“Sorry for making you meet Mark unannounced.”

 

“It's fine. It was going to happen eventually, and it was probably better I was unaware or else I might of done something dumb.”

 

“I know. That's why I surprised you.”

 

“You're good at planning events. You plan especially well when it deals with me in awkward situations.”

 

“Well living with a plan is fun, especially when I can expose you.”

 

“I feel like I should be more cautious.”

 

“It won't help you. You've already fallen into my trap.”


Jinyoung was dragging him along and turned around to give him a smile that made him feel caught but blissfully happy at the same time. Suddenly and all at once, Jaebum was hit with a wave of emotions. He was right; he was definitely trapped.

 


Okay so I loved writing this chapter. I felt like I gave Jaebum room to explain himself, which was not originally apart of my plan but I like it. This chapter was originally supposed to be shorter, but ended up being like this, oh well. Did you guys like it? I also wanted to say that I really appreciate the comments that you've given me because I'm able to see what part y'all enjoy and that I'm doing a good enough job. I seriously love comments. I hope that each chapter is more and more enjoyable to read, and that you fall more and more in love with JJP. Once again, I'll ask you guys to comment, subscribe, and vote.