Chapter 4

He was Sick

I've finally updated. I'm sorry I took so long. I got preoccupied by my other stories. Anyway this chapter is different than what I've written so far so I hope you'll like it. It totaled to 5.3k words, which I didn't expect. My original plan was divided into two chapters so expect that soon. I really appreciate your responses to the story so I'd love for more comments, subscriptions, and votes. Thank you guys for everything so far, I hope it lives up to your expectations. @(*^*)@


Ever since that day, Jaebum had done a lot of thinking. Everything, his thoughts, his feelings, and emotions, was coming to a point  that indicated there needed to be a change in his life. He wanted to date Jinyoung. He's finally admitted to himself that he wanted more than just a friendship with him.

 

He hadn't put too much thought into how he should confess. There was always the option of doing something cute and memory. The simple route of a letter or verbal confession. Honestly, Jaebum hadn't even thought of confessing since he had no idea if Jinyoung reciprocated his feelings. He had a lot of anxiety regarding his feelings for Jinyoung because he felt that he was not good enough for him. His love life was as typically sad as any romantic comedy. It made him want to get hit by a bus, lightly. He just wasted to stop feeling this way.

 

It had been two weeks since that day. They hadn't been able to see much of each other outside of the library because of school and the end of the semester approaching. Jaebum hadn't been able to the library like he had in the past because of all the photography assignments he had to do. He'd been locked up in the printing room and black room in the photography department. He, and the other photography students,  were having showcase after the examination period was over in two weeks. He’d been venting , via text message, to Jinyoung about his worries and excitement almost everyday. Even though they couldn't see each other often, talking like this was satisfying for the moment. He felt that Jinyoung would be be able to better understand him if he talked to him honestly.

 

It was Monday night of the first week of the examination period. Jaebum hadn’t been able to transition to study mode so he’d come to a dance studio to empty his brain and make himself so tired to the point he could focus on studying. He’d been there for four hours and contemplated spending the night there since he was bone tired, but decided he should eat and go home as it was the responsible thing to do. He gathered his stuff while thinking of what he would eat. He exited the room and walked down the hall preoccupied with his thoughts until he heard a familiar laugh. He walked to the source of the noise and saw Jinyoung and some guy playing with each other.

 

“Ugh I’m so tired. I don’t want to practice anymore. We’re not even having a performance anytime soon.” His black hair was sweaty and he had his arms around an unfamiliar man’s shoulders. The man was wearing a tank top and jeans even though it was almost wintertime.

 

“Practice is important Jinyoungie. Plus you have yet to completely master the moves even though you’re such a good dancer.” The unknown man said teasingly. He poked Jinyoung in the chest.

 

“Whatever. I just want to get the moves down so I can eat dinner. I haven’t eaten since two.” Jinyoung whined slightly. He leaned his head toward the man’s and pouted cutely.

 

“Well, if you execute the moves perfectly the next time, I’ll treat you to dinner.” He said with a bit is mischief in his voice.

 

“Deal.” He got up with so much energy, Jaebum thought he'd just been acting.

 

The man continued to sit and leaned his back against the mirrors as Jinyoung walked over to play the music. He jogged over to his position and faced the mirror. Jaebum's eyes raked over Jinyoung's figure. He wore tight jeans that didn't seem to suit practicing, but the view was nice so Jaebum wasn't going to complain. He wore a plain sweatshirt as well. Even though his style wasn't flashy, it suited him to a tee. The part of the music started that began the dancing.

 

Jinyoung seemed extremely focused as he flowed through the moves seamlessly while the other man watched from the floor, analyzing each detail. The way his arms twisted and his hips moved rhythmically. The dance involved leaping and dramatic movements. He seemed to be a more talented dancer than he’d let on. The music stopped and Jinyoung collapsed on the ground.

 

“Good job. I knew you could do it.” The man took Jinyoung’s hand to help him up and pulled him into a tight hug. They released each other and smiled, beaming at the other.

 

“Let’s get ready to go. I’m starving.” Jinyoung began to gathered his belongings while talking to the unknown man about something he couldn't hear.

 

Jaebum backed away from the window. He couldn’t believe what he’d just seen. Jinyoung and that man seemed so close. The guy was extremely handsome as well. That must be his… boyfriend. Jaebum never thought to ask if Jinyoung was in a relationship. He was so wrapped up in his fantasy world that he didn’t ask. How could I be so stupid? Of course someone like Jinyoung would have a boyfriend. I’m not the only one who could see how special he was. I’m so dumb. Jealousy immediately clouded his mind and heart. He stormed out of the building, and went straight home, even forgoing food. He didn’t know what he would do. How could he face Jinyoung again? He couldn’t imagine trying to be just friends with him. He started to shut down. He didn’t even eat, and just went to bed and cried. He cried like he hadn't in years. He was not returning to his starting point. The point at which he was lonely and moving through life aimlessly. He had started to enjoy living instead of just breathing. All his progress to become more in touch high his emotions and feelings and relating to other people was over. It was over. As he fell asleep, a layer of ice began to grow over his heart.

 

Since his heart had been broken on Monday night of the first exam week, Jaebum busied himself in doing anything that wasn't related to Jinyoung. He couldn't go to the library without being assaulted by the the memories of them together. Jinyoung's laugh, his smile, his sassy comments, his smart input into anything Jaebum asked of him. All his memories were becoming bittersweet.

 

He could only be seen in three places: the photography department, the cafeteria, and his apartment. He even skipped the gym and dance practice, although though going there would probably benefit him. He'd even turned off his phone because there was no one he wanted to talk to, except Jinyoung, but he couldn't bring himself to respond to anything he sent him. The only people he stayed in contact with was his parents and grandparents through email.

 

Jaebum focused on studying for Economics, World History, and Trigonometry. He was pretty certain he'd fail his Economics exam because all he thought of were eye smiles and the scribbling in the margins of textbooks. Nothing he read from the textbook stuck and he definitely couldn't remember much from class. He'd have to earnestly review his notes to even imagine passing.

 

The next week was awful. Maybe that was a bit dramatic, but he'd say it rivaled the times when he was having tough nights in the hospital due to whatever body crippling illness he'd been riddled with me. That's actually how he felt: crippled. The only thought that kept him going was the fact that he had to do well in college to repay his parents for all that they did for him. He focused most of his emotions into finishing his final photography assignments and passing his exams.

 

The showcase was the upcoming Sunday. Jaebum organized himself ruthlessly. He woke up at six in the morning and would get dressed and eat breakfast; he'd go to the photography department and go through his photos and work on his assignments; next was lunch after spending five to six hours there; after lunch he'd go to his apartment or the coffee shop to study World History and Economics; he'd study for another six to seven hours before dinner; after eating, he would shower and then work on more photography details or resume studying; he'd go to sleep around twelve and start again. Jaebum kept to it because he was able to avoid Jinyoung and his friends. The only issues he had encountered were his shortish temper resulting in some blow ups on people quite a few times, for everything and anything.  

 

The next week, the actual exam week, wasn't as organized as the first week. It featured too many emotional confrontations with classmates and way too many sightings of Jinyoung with that guy. They were together in the cafeteria, walking in the library, entering the literature department, and talking on the benches. Each sighting was more irritating and hurtful than the next.

 

His nice schedule had been broken and his sleep cycle was a wreck. He continued to study for his exams somewhat earnestly but sometimes his thoughts would wander. The thoughts and images wracking his brain disrupted almost any peaceful time he had plus the fact he had exams scheduled at different times over the week hadn't been beneficial. His solution was to get lost, get lost in the city. All he'd bring was his keys, wallet, and camera. He wrapped himself in a heavy coat and tugged on a beanie and began his journey with no destination. There was no purpose of goal in what he captured with the lens. He clicked the shutter for people doing anything; he climbed whatever buildings he could, legally, and camp out with a cup of cheap coffee and stay awake until the perfect lighting graced a scape. These moments were few but precious. These moments made him feel like he wasn't drowning in his own emotions. As he reviewed the photos, he would always think that Jinyoung would love to see the photos, but then Jaebum remembered where they stood.

 

The wandering always made him feel better for a little while. The cold weather, snow and rain and wind, numbed him and he didn't need to worry about anything besides the image he was capturing. Everything was okay for a couple of hours in the wee hours of the morning. It was momentary bliss.

 

Soon it was Friday night. Exams were over so he turned his phone back on since he needed to rejoin reality after his disorienting couple of weeks. His vibrated endlessly for ten minutes. Jaebum grabbed a bottle of soju and a glass. It was time for the universal comfort of alcohol. He'd decided he deserved it since his exams had gone pretty well. Honestly, he would've still drank if he'd done badly. He looked at his phone and ignored any messages from his parents or grandparents since they'd already spoken. He saw Jinyoung had messaged him sixteen times. They were all the same until the end.

 

PJY: Hey

 

PJY: Did you have a good day?

 

PJY: How are you?

 

PJY: You wanna have dinner?

 

PJY: How has exam studying been going? Mine isn't going great, but I'm sure I'll do fine. I hope you do well.

 

PJY: You wanna study Econ with me? I do better when I study with you.

 

PJY: Can you meet me in the library? I really need a study buddy.

 

PJY: I haven't heard or seen you in awhile, what's going on?

 

PJY: Are you stressed about the showcase? It'll be fine. You always have good ideas.

 

PJY: Are you okay?

 

PJY: I miss you.

 

PJY: Can you respond? I know you're busy with school, but it wouldn't kill you to tell me hey.

 

PJY: What's up with you? What's going on with us? Did something happen?

 

PJY: You could at least have the courtesy to tell me why you're ignoring me.

 

PJY: How could you pretend like I wasn't talking to you? Like I wasn't there.

 

PJY: Don't ever talk to me again. I deserve someone better than you in my life. Someone who doesn't treat me like an insignificant bug.

 

Jaebum took a shot and then poured himself another one. He didn't know how he should feel about the Jinyoung situation. It caused a lot of conflict within himself. These texts are evidence that he cares, but he's with that guy so obviously I'm missing something. He could understand why Jinyoung had gotten upset with him because of Jaebum's actions.

 

Flashback:

 

He was talking to some classmates about the exhibit layout. He’d been chosen as the leader of the Lighting in Photography class component of the showcase. It was an extremely demanding position. He had to manage the layout, the number of piece that were going to be shown, who was going to be invited, collaborate with the other classes, write a summary of the section, and more. Leading an exhibition was a true challenge. The only benefit was that his mind was occupied the entire time he was in the photography department or when he was working on photography at home.

 

They were currently taking a break to go to the vending machines by the cafeteria since the ones in the photography department were empty. The group had decided to take an early lunch and go back later. The group consisted of about seven or eight people.

 

“Im Jaebum!” a familiar voice called out.

 

Jaebum steeled himself. He was not in the mood to deal with his feelings and Jinyoung.

 

“Jaebum! It’s me Jinyoung.” He had jogged over to the group crowded around Jaebum.

 

Jaebum looked past him.

 

“Where are you going? Are you going to the cafeteria? I have time to have lunch with you if your friends don’t mind.” Jinyoung kept talking. Jaebum kept walking.

 

“Jaebum, are you seriously not going to say anything? Is there something in your ears where you can’t hear me?”

 

He couldn’t resist responding, it was partially due to his bad mood. He also wanted to hurt Jinyoung like he'd been hurt. “Do you guys hear something because I don’t. Let’s get moving, we have a lot of work to do.”

 

Jinyoung stood there stunned. Jaebum had ignored him. Worse was that he pretended like he wasn’t there. He felt tears singing underneath his eyes, but he refused to shed them and feel more pathetic than he already did.

 

End of Flashback

 

He’d felt guilty afterwards as his classmates questioned him about the person he’d ignored. He didn’t talk for the rest of lunch. He felt deflated and any thoughts he’d before had disappeared. He felt like he wasn't even breathing anymore, just existing. Before they returned to the showcase, Jaebum went to let off some steam in the restroom, in the form punching and kicking the tiled walls until his knuckles were bruised.

 

He browsed through texts from the dance team leader which only addressed when practice would be resumed and when they’d perform. The dance team he was on only posted videos on the university website or had free or cheap performances on campus. Youngjae and Jackson complained about him not talking to him, talked about their exams, and made plans between themselves to meet up. It seems they were alive so he decided to announce his status.

 

IJB: I’m alive

 

CYJ: Hyuuuuunnnnggg, we missed you. Are you okay?

 

IJB: Yeah, I’m fine.

 

WJ: Are you sure? You disappeared on us for like two weeks.

 

IJB: I was busy.

 

WJ: Sure -_-  

 

IJB: I was. I’m a leader for the showcase so I had a lot to do, plus exams.

 

WJ: Are you sure you weren’t “busy” with someone named Jinyoung

 

Of course Jackson would bring him up.

 

IJB: No. We’re not really talking anymore.

 

CYJ: Why not? I thought you two were getting along well.

 

IJB: It just didn’t work out

 

WJ: What did you do?

 

IJB: Nothing. It was him.

 

WJ: I doubt it.

 

IJB: He has a boyfriend. I saw them at the practice studio. The guy’s really attractive.

 

CYJ: Are you sure? What did you see them doing? Did you ask him?

 

IJB: They were hugging and seemed really familiar with each other. No…

 

CYJ: He never mentioned a boyfriend before, right?

 

IJB: No

 

CYJ: If I was dating someone, I’d tell my friends.

 

WJ: ^

 

IJB: I’m sure it was his boyfriend the guy was super attractive and Jinyoung looked really happy with him.

 

CYJ: That’s disappointing. We didn’t even get to meet him. You didn’t even confess

 

WJ: Our support group recruit has been voided.

 

IJB: Is that what you’re focused on?

 

WJ: Yes. You’ve been smothering me to death with you personality.

 

IJB: I invite you stop being my friend.

 

CYJ: Hyuuuunnngggs… >_<

 

WJ: He’s joking

 

CYJ: What time is the showcase?

 

IJB: 12-6

 

WJ: In the morning?

 

IJB: NO

 

CYJ: Okay. We’ll be there

 

WJ: I might be there. Don’t drink too much tonight

 

IJB: How did you know?

 

WJ: I’m smart that's how. Good night. I’m going bowling with some friends

 

CYJ: Good night as well. I’m going to the arcade with Bambam.

 

IJB: Once you finish exams it’s gaming time again?

 

CYJ: Of course XD. Talk to you later

 

That was a conversation he needed to have. He was glad that Jackson and Youngjae were so supportive. He looked at the other person who’d messaged him relentlessly. Yugyeom. He hadn’t expected him to message him but the fact that he had probably wasn’t good

 

KYG: Why aren’t you responding to Jinyoung hyung’s texts?

 

KYG: He wants to talk to you.

 

KYG: He misses you.

 

KYG: Why are you being like this hyung? I know you’ve got a lot on your plate, but that’s not an excuse to neglect your friends

 

KYG: Why are you ignoring me too?

 

KYG: I can’t believe you hyung. You ignored Jinyoung hyung like that.

 

KYG: I can’t believe you’re making Jinyoung hyung cry.

 

KYG: You’re being excessively rude and bit obnoxious. I can’t believe you could treat someone this way. You’re not the hyung I look up to.

 

That last message was a slash to his heart. He wanted to explain himself to Yugyeom but he doubted that it would be a good idea. His excuses would only further disappoint him. Eventually, he would apologize to him. Jaebum sighed. Too much drama happened because of this incident. His head was beginning to ache as much as his heart so he decided to go to bed. Leaving the finished soju bottle and empty glass on the table, he climbed up the stairs to his bed.

 

The next day was irritating from the beginning. He woke up hungover, no surprise, so he took a quick shower and some pain killers. He had enough time to go get a hangover drink from the coffee shop he loved.  He hadn’t gone too often while he was studying, even though he’d wanted to, because he didn’t want to show the owners he wasn’t happy anymore.

 

“Jaebum, I’m glad to see you,” Joosun said cheerily. She had some employees filling orders behind her.

 

Jaebum just waved and produced a small smile. The cafe owner pursued her lips.

 

“I’ll get a hangover smoothie, noona.”

 

“Why do you look so bad? Your skin has a disgusting color to it. You look like you’ve been hit by a brick building.” She said as she registered the order. He pulled out the money and refused the change.

 

“Buildings don’t move.” He said wearily.

 

“Exactly. So why do you look like that?”

 

“I started to develop feelings for someone that’s in a relationship, plus exams and the photography showcase at school.”

 

“Well I understand the last two, but did you properly address the first one?”

 

“No. Why should I expose myself when I’ll just be rejected? I’d also be embarrassing myself.”

 

“You’re young. This is the time to take chances.”

 

“No thanks. I’ll take my chances, along with my good luck, the next time I’m in the hospital.”

 

Joosun’s hand shot out and whacked him on the arm. “Don’t say that.” she handed him the smoothie that she’d been delivered.

 

“Fine. I’ll see you later.”

 

“I’m coming to the showcase.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I need to see what type of photos the angsty Jaebum takes.”

 

“Those class assignments not my genuine work. I'm not angsty.”

 

“I don’t believe that. Anything you put your heart into is your genuine work.”

 

“If you say so.” He waved as he exited the shop.

 

The rest of the day went by extremely quickly, mostly because he was so busy. Jaebum made sure to include as few temper incidents as possible, which only amounted to about eight incidents. He arrived at the art gallery of the photography department where the showcase was being held. There were at least ten plus rooms of the studio filled with the photography products that the professors had approved, which was more than normal. Jaebum was one of the first students to arrive, along with the other class leaders. They had a conference and decided on an efficient plant to organize the gallery and set up furniture and whatever other jobs they were relegated. Their fellow classmates busied themselves with moving the pieces to their proper location throughout the hall. There were a few missing pieces but those were eventually found. They hung the pieces on the wall and then arranged the furniture. People were rushing through the halls for hours hanging pieces, rearranging the order, talking with their class leaders about their concerns, and moving the furniture to the proper rooms. There had been a lunch break, but that had only been a physical rest and not a mental one. They didn’t leave the photography department until eleven. Everyone would have to be there in proper dress for eight the next morning.

 

Jaebum made himself some ramen before plopping onto the cushion on his floor. He was exhausted both mentally and physically. He wanted to sleep, but he needed to organize his clothes beforehand. He turned some music on and quietly ate his ramen. I hope the showcase goes well tomorrow. I wonder how many people are coming for me. I wish Jinyoung could have seen it.

 

When he was finished, Jaebum climbed up into his loft and pulled out the slacks, dress shirt, and suit jacket he was going to wear and hung the on a hanger over the balcony of the loft. He debated going downstairs to brush his teeth, but he was so comfortable on his bed as he peeled off his clothes and snuggled into the warm blankets. He felt that tomorrow would require a lot of energy, so he decide to sleep as much as he could.

 

His parents called him at six in the morning to ask him about his exhibit. They enjoyed being awake too much. Jaebum talked to them as he got out of bed and tried to become a coherent version of himself. He ended the call after his parents had been satisfied by his answers and proceeded to go shower. He brushed his teeth as well since his mouth felt more gross than usual. He did his best to dress neatly. He wore a simple black suit with a white dress shirt. He busied himself to properly tie his tie after struggling to pull on his socks. It was seven by the time he finished and decided a nice breakfast at the cafeteria (which was open everyday) would be the best way to settle himself.

 

As he rode the bus to breakfast, since his shoes didn’t need to get messed up, Jaebum evaluated his current situation. The showcase was today. The showcase that he’d heard about since the beginning of the semester; he’d participated before in lower level classes but this would be a big event for the higher level students. This was an event that he’d passionately told Jinyoung about. He’d even hoped the younger man would have attended but that hope had been dashed. Jaebum was going to enjoy the rest of the day with his friends and family who attended, and then go to his apartment and cry and wallow in his misery until the holidays.

 

After Jaebum ate breakfast and arrived at the gallery, it was full on stress mode. The professors chatted effortlessly in the front, while the students ran like they had their heads cut off. There were so many last minute preparations that until the showcase was over, it’d be stressful. Jaebum looked at his checklist and toured the gallery: brochures had been handed out, the drinks and snacks had been placed, all the pieces were in the correct order and nothing weird had happened. He was moving people to their proper positions. The DJ was playing the correct playlist, which soothing and lyricless, so the atmosphere was good.

 

Everyone was in the proper positions. Each student had to stand near their pieces. Jaebum and others like him, who had two or more classes in the department, were not subject to this. They were able to choose which pieces he stood by. Jaebum’s chosen position was for his Lighting class which was towards the end of the exhibits. The event rolled on for a couple of hours, when he looked down at his watch it was three, with no serious incidents. It was peaceful and the turnout was pretty good. Jaebum hadn’t seen his friends yet, but his grandparents and parents had made an appearance. Their gushing had eased his worries and pain temporarily. He thought he’d be able to escape the event unscathed until he suddenly heard...


 

“IM JAEBUM!” A furious Jinyoung stormed into the exhibit. His face was scrunched and red. He walked up to Jaebum, ignoring the people around them, poking him in his chest, which was muscular and slightly distracting. Stay focused. “ you! You are the biggest piece of I've met in a while. You have pissed me off to the utmost degree. I'm not someone who takes kindly to being lied to. I also do not take kindly to assholish behavior. I thought you were stressed out, and that was why you stopped talking to me. I was trying to be understanding. But then you have the nerve to blatantly ignore me, and act like I don't exist in public. At the school I go to. I thought we were getting along. I thought you were my friend. You never treated me like that before but suddenly you did for no apparent reason. You ted all over my feelings. You literally have conveyed to me that my feelings are nothing in your eyes.  You dropped me out of your life like I wasn't important to you. I seriously couldn't believe you were that type of person. You abandoned me when I was beginning to trust you. I liked you. I still like you. I like you so much so your dismissal of me just hurts that much more. I think about you constantly and for you to brush me off like I'm insignificant hurts. Do you not like me? I thought maybe you liked me too. What's wrong with me that you don't want to be near me anymore?” His voice broke on the last word. The tears that were streaming down his face, from his nose and eyes, at a rate that that would fill a bathtub, were steadily increasing.. He sniffled and began to hiccup. He probably looked a mess, but he refused to break eye contact. Jinyoung’s pride wouldn't allow himself to be defeated.

 

Jaebum’s face didn't betray his feelings through the whole tirade, but Jinyoung's words hurt him. They were the truth though. He had acted rudely towards Jinyoung, and the boy was too sweet to deserve that type of treatment despite having a boyfriend. Even though he only acted that way because Jinyoung was already taken, that wasn’t the boy’s fault. He'd lost his chance… Waitwhat did he say? Did Jinyoung just say he liked me?

 

“Jaebum, don't ignore me. Do you have anything to say for yourself?” He was tapping his foot impatiently. He could see the words being processed slowly by the way Jaebum’s eyes were moving, even though his face hadn’t changed.

 

“Y-you l-like me?” His face starting to convey his surprise as he said the words lowly.

 

“That's all you retained?” Jinyoung was beyond annoyed. He’d been upset all week and had practiced his speech and that was all that retained.

 

“So you're not dating that guy?”

 

“What guy?” Jinyoung was genuinely confused. Dating who? He had a number of male friends so it wasn’t ringing any bells.

 

“You were at the dance studio, and I saw you hug a guy in a tank top and jeans.”

 

“When?”

 

“It was Monday last week around nine.”

 

“Monday… I was practicing with Mark hyung… He's not my boyfriend. He is my best friend though. I'm not dating him.” He processed the information slowly.

 

“I'm such a .”

 

“I think that's already been established, along with some other synonyms.”

 

Jaebum walked over to him and placed his hand on on both sides of the younger man’s head until his thumbs were resting on Jinyoung's cheeks and he started to wipe his tears.

 

“Don't touch me.” Jinyoung said without any bite. He wasn't even moving out of his grip.

 

“I need to do something to make you forgive me.” His eyes conveying his deep feelings even more.

 

“Wiping my tears isn't enough.”

 

“I know. I'm sorry I'm so stupid.”

 

“Why didn't you just ask me or introduce yourself?”

 

“I just got jealous. All other thoughts left my head. I kind of felt broken.”

 

Jinyoung was beginning to understand his thoughts, but he needed some more details to forgive him. “Why? What does it matter if I’m dating someone?”

 

“I… well… I feel… Ugh. I like you okay. I like you a whole hell of lot. You're the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. You mean a lot to me, and I’d really like to be better for you. I want to redeem myself so that you can see me as an honorable friend.”

 

“You want to be my friend?” That smirk graced his face perfectly.

 

“Huh… well… I don't think that you wanted to be with me after what I did to you.”

 

“You didn't ask.”

 

Jaebum took a deep breath. It was now or never. “Park Jinyoung, I think you're really great. You're handsome, smart, passionate, caring, devoted, and a bunch more adjectives I can't think of right now that are flattering. I'd be a true honor if you'd date me even though I'm probably not the best choice.”

 

“I'll give you a score of fair. The words were nice. I didn't like the self-depreciation.”

 

“Jinyoung…”

 

“What?”

 

“You haven't answered me.”

 

“You still haven't asked a question. You just told me stuff.”

 

Jaebum rolled his eyes. Why does he have to be so frustrating? “Park Jinyoung the literature major that reads books late at night and becomes sleep deprived. Park Jinyoung the man who dances, acts, sings, and has great fashion sense. Will you be my boyfriend?”

 

He pretended to debate. His eyes looked up, he tapped his foot, he even put his hand under his chin. “Yes.” His face was adorned with the smile that would haunt Jaebum's dreams. It was like being in the sunlight. Although his face was streaked with dried tears, he couldn't look more beautiful.

 

Jaebum took the other's face into his hand and brought their lips together. He could swear he felt fireworks and his blood started to boil. He parted his lips and flicked his tongue out to ask for entrance. Jinyoung's lips were a bit salty from the tears. The younger man opened his mouth slowly as if he was slowly accepting Jaebum to be more than just a friend; they were consummating their relationship. Their tongues met and twisted around each other. Jinyoung's arms wrapped their way around Jaebum's neck. Too soon they needed oxygen and parted.

 

“Dude. I can't believe that just happened.” Jackson's voice disrupting the moment.

 

Jaebum rested his forehead on Jinyoung's and smiled with his eyes closed. He sighed and decided this would be a new beginning for them.


“You're not completely forgiven.”


Wow, that was an experiece for me. I've never written something like that; I hoped I pulled it off. What did you all think of the chapter? Please comment, subscribe, and upvote. Please look forward to the next chapter. Thank you for reading. @(*~*)@