제 1 화: "난 사랑에 빠젔어!"

REPLY 2012
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

제 1 화: "난 사랑에 빠젔어!"

Episode 1: "I've fallen in love"

 

2012, Late-March

Days started as the usual, forcing herself to go to school and study. Wanna talk about her life? Better not. Her life is boring. Nothing interesting. Nothing at all. But then there's Kpop, the only thing that gives color to her dull life; the only thing that keeps her entertained and alive. She started appreciating Kpop when everyone in school are into it; during the times it became a trend. SHINee was the first Kpop group that she had known though there were already Bigbang and Wonder Girls. 

Eunbi was a normal loyal fan of SHINee. She attended few of their concerts and showcases, and even witnessed their first fan signing event and supported them in music programs like Music Bank, Inkigayo and so on. Money wasn't really a problem of hers, since she came from a well off family and so, she can purchase anything she wanted.

Lately, the campus was talking about these videos about a group who recently debuted. Are they really that great for the whole campus to talk about them? Even the boys were fanboying all over. Eunbi thought. She noticed them talking about this boy group few months ago but she was too busy to notice them since she already have SHINee to fangirl with.

Eunbi was walking around the school corridors when she saw her group of friends. She saw them with these posters of the stated group earlier. Heck they even have these balloons, banners and light-sticks with them. So are they betraying our Shawol fandom and the SHINee oppas? A feeling of slight disappointment rushed through her.

"Eunbi yah!" Hana called the girl and as they approached her, the called girl tried to control the slight annoyance she's feeling. A friend beside her started linking her arms around hers. Eunbi let out a silent sigh and forcefully smiled at them.

"Hi guys. Going somewhere?" They all nodded at the same time. Eunbi saw her friend; Hana bringing out set of tickets with her and instantly gave Eunbi one. She turned to Jiyun, the girl who's linking arms with her as she tried to hear out what she was going to say.

"We're going to the first ever showcase of EXO and I have this feeling that it will be the best of the best." Eunbi saw her friend's eyes gleaming as she mentioned the stated group but Eunbi being Eunbi, she responded something that totally gave them a shock.

"I don't even know who that ekcho group is..." Eunbi cleared out while waiting for them to say something.

"Ho-how could you not know EXO?!" One of her friend suddenly shouted at her a little too loud, causing her to freeze on her spot. "I mean, this is EXO we're talking about and they've been becoming a trend group even before they debuted. You should have seen one of their teasers or something, especially Kai's hot dance, you know?" Hana was huffing, catching up her breath but Eunbi still stood there, frozen. Her friend’s eyes softened and placed both of her hands on the frozen girl's shoulders.

"Look, Eunbi ah. I'm sorry for bursting out on you. I just really didn't expect that you don't know a single thing about EXO."

"So-sorry." Eunbi stuttered as she apologized. Mina who was in front of her noticed the tension forming around them. She heard her clear before she started talking.

"Well, Eunbi could learn to know them from now on right?" Mina smiled at Eunbi, trying to ease the tension and her sudden shock. The latter nodded at her as she smiled back. Is this the right thing? I already have Onew oppa to fangirl with… Eunbi contemplated on her mind.

Eunbi was brought back when she felt Jiyun's arm wrapped tighter against hers as she gave her a ticket of EXO's showcase later. She warmly accepted it but second thoughts started to overpower once more. Then she realized that there's a SHINee fan meeting later. Eunbi found myself feeling sad since they'll be mad at her once again. But then, it’s my choice. I’m already a shawol.

They were on their way to cafeteria to eat and as soon as they took their seats beside the window, Eunbi bit her lip as she slowly reached back the showcase ticket of EXO to Hana. They all looked at her with confused stares.

"I thought we already made ourselves clear about today?" Hana's brows were furrowed, creating small creases on her forehead. Eunbi bit down her lip as she gulped the lump she's feeling on .

"Well, I suddenly remembered that there's a fan meeting of SHINee today and I have to attend it. You guys know how rare they give fan meetings. I'm really sorry." The stated girl bit the back of her cheeks as she waited for their response and violent reactions, if so.

"Eunbi, can't you let go of that for just today? There are more fan-meetings in the future but this showcase is the rarest of the rare. Just today, we promise and we won't persuade you after." Hana stated, her expression was blank and the former can't read it very clearly.

"Yes please Eunbi, please?" She saw Jiyun clasping her hands together as the latter begged her. Eunbi glanced at Mina who was beside her, giving her a just-agree-for-once look. The girl finally let out a deep sigh as she grabbed the ticket again.

"Alright. I'll just call Daeun to tell her I won't be attending today's fan meeting." Eunbi saw Jiyun pumping her fist on air, and Hana and Mina smiling at her. She stood up her seat as she started pressing Daeun's name on her phone and started calling her friend.

***

"What the freaking hell, Eunbi?! You never missed any fan-meetings of SHINee and here you are telling me that you're going to EXO's showcase instead? Give the phone to Hana and I'll scream off that 's ear," Daeun started to rage and here the listener is, feeling so damn guilty.

"Daeun ahh..." Eunbi softly called her, trying to calm her down.

"That's why they were suddenly busy out of nowhere and seldomly attended SHINee's fan-meetings and events since they found themselves another group to fangirl with. And now they're making you be with them? And start you'll start fangirling over those new young tards? Hell no, Eunbi. I'm not letting you go with them." At that moment, Eunbi really wanted to smack her head against the wall or just rip herself into two. How could she not when she's torn to choose between two of her friends? She have to make a decision and it has to be now.

"I'm sorry, Daeun ah, I really am. I already promised Hana and the rest that I'll go with them today so I have to go. I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you soon." Eunbi saw herself smiling bitterly on her reflection on the glazed walls. It was silence for long ten seconds and heard Daeun's sigh.

"Alright but just this once okay? You have to go with me next time." She stated monotonously. She nodded as if her friend was in front of her and smiled bitterly. She hanged up on her after bidding goodbye and she made her way back to her seat along with Hana and the rest.

Eunbi saw them busying themselves with eating and watching something on the iPad. She sat in front of Hana and the latter started asking her how'd it go with Daeun. Eunbi felt Jiyun and Mina's gaze at her, curious of what and how Daeun reacted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter