Yes, I do.

Two Weeks before the Wedding

Hyosung’s mobile phone rang. She flung her arm up over her face unknowingly and gulped down her saliva to curb the soft whimpers produced by her system. opened a little, inhaling the fresh lavender perfume that Ji Eun was always fond of.  She rubbed her temples gently and allowed her eyelids to be held closely together.

However, her ringtone continued to buzz in her ears. It was getting significantly louder. It was drowning her desperate attempts to shut out any form of disturbance. She covered her ears as a last resort and began to hum a random tune. Her eyes almost bulged out when she realized she was actually humming to the melody of her ringtone.

A sigh escaped from her lips. She picked herself up and walked hesitantly towards the bed where her phone was. She bent down a little, trying to reach for it.  It stopped ringing. She cried out in joy till her eyes landed on the screen.

1 missed call- Ji Eun

She pouted. It was Ji Eun. It was not……

Kikwang.

She was overreacting for nothing. It was not the one who filled her with insecurities. It was her best friend whom she could confide in. 

Just then, her phone rang again. It was so sudden that her hands shook. Thanks goodness that her reflex was fast enough to catch her mobile phone in time.

 

“Yes, Ji Eun?”

“Unnie, go home and dress up. Yoseob and I are going to take you to a splendid place.”

“Yoseob? Count me out. Have fun yourself.”

“ Unnie, please. Just for this time.”

“…… Fine. Alright.”

“Okay, we’ll be heading towards your house in 2 hours’ time.”

“Wait……”

 

Two hours? She could finish her makeup within five minutes. Also, she could go to the place herself. There was no need for them to fetch her. Maybe, they thought she would not turn up at the last minute. She pouted.

She soon figured out that she needed the two hours. Judging by Yoseob’s character, he would probably take them to a classy place where everything would cost like a bomb. Her hair was tangled and frizzy. Her face looked as if she has just been discharged from the hospital. Yes, it was totally pale and colourless. Her cheeks were no longer as puffy as before and her once sparkling eyes were droopy.

 

“Hyosung, are you ready? We are outside your house.”

“Ahhh! Where is my blusher? Where is my lipstick? Where is my hair clip?”

“Hyosung, are you there?”

“Ohmygosh. I’m going crazy. Where is my hair clip?”

“Hyosung, are you done?”

“Just wait a second. Please. Where exactly is my hair clip?”

 

“Baby, your friend sure takes a long time.” Yoseob laughed.

“Pabo. She’s showing respect by dressing up. Just wait.” Ji Eun rolled her eyes, unpleased.

“Sorry, don’t be angry.” Yoseob pulled her closer and pressed his lips on her forehead.

 

“Sorry for taking so long. I was trying to find…… YAH! You two! Quit being so mushy. I’m going to vomit.” Hyosung joked. She could not explain why she was in such high spirits either.

Shocked, the couple let go of each other and giggled to hide their embarrassment.

“Come on. Hyosung, we’re late. Oh and you look stunning” Ji Eun winked.

“Stop complimenting me. It won’t work. I’m still going to vomit if you two continue your mushy acts.”

 

Hyosung was wrong. It was different from what she has expected. The air was less intoxicating and the atmosphere was less suffocating. Flowers of various colours were hanging on the wall, forming an eye-catching rainbow. At the far corner, hundreds of pictures were arranged to resemble a gigantic heart shape. Pink and red helium balloons were floating around a particular table. Curious, she craned her neck to take a closer look. On the table, there were stalks of sunflowers and roses. As much as she would prefer to be courteous, her stomach would not stop rumbling. The aroma lingering in the air was causing her some difficulties to fix her eyes on the other decorations.

 She was glad that she came. It was the best decision she has made for the past few weeks.

She blinked. She paused for a moment. What was he doing here? Her slender fingers fidgeted with the curls of her hair. Her heels were making clanging sounds against the marble floor. She knew she needed to leave. Right at this instant.

Yes, she would love to admit that she adored the notes. She was deeply touched by the wedding cake. She knew how Kikwang was like. Clumsy and egoistic. It must have been a horrible period for Kikwang to learn everything from scratch. Furthermore, the cake was beyond perfection. She wanted to jump straight into Kikwang’s arms.

 

However, something was holding her back.

She realized how brittle and sensitive she could be. Would she be able to cope as his wife? He was a rookie actor so he would definitely have to give in to the director’s requests. Romantic, mushy scenes that involved loads of hugging, kissing and …… She knew she was supposed to respect his work. However, if online articles continued to report about the chemistry shared between Kikwang and the female lead, would she be able to handle it? She clearly knew the answer. Insecurities were eating her alive. She hated it. Her stomach was churning and her head was spinning.

A smile was fixed on her face. Stay calm, Hyosung. Thoughts were skittering through her mind. Perspiration glistened on her forehead. Stay calm, Hyosung. She bit her lips. Blood was dripping but she could not care less.  Stay calm, Hyosung.

When Kikwang enveloped her into a hug, her bones crushed as fine as flour. She was too weak to push him away. A hug won’t hurt right? With that, she soaked herself into the once suppressed emotions. Everything will be alright. All of a sudden, he released his grasp of Hyosung. She felt that reality has hit her hard in the face. Is he going to break up with me? All she could do was to stare at Kikwang, waiting for him to answer her doubts.

 

I like you the best

You’re the prettiest

Wherever you pass by, your charms spill all over

I like you the best and I only need you

I’m going to engrave you in my heart

You’re the most important in my life

 

Her eyes widened.

He loved how surprised and innocent she looked.

 

Every time I like you

Oh my love for you

I only have you

I belong with you

Crazy love for you

 

A flush of red was creeping up her face.

He knew she was listening to his confession.

 

When you walk on the sidewalk

The guys who look at you

I feel their stares

Even your walking is so pretty

Happiness is what I feel now

Now I’m gonna kiss you now

I just wanna kiss you now

 

She cupped her face with her trembling hands.

He knew she understood his heart.

 

Even if someone else comes to me

I won’t even look at them my love

Baby let me do wanna wanna do

just let me do wanna wanna do

Even if they say they’ll give me the world

I’m content with just you ma love

You are the only one for me

I like you the best

 

It was pitch dark. There was absolute silence. He murmured a silent prayer.

Hyosung’s heart was pounding madly. Her cheeks were still hot. Someone was embracing her from the back. The person then gave her a gentle push towards the table which she had been eyeing previously.

The lights were switched on again. She blinked as she tried to register the details into her brain.

 

Did Kikwang just serenade for me?

The sunflowers and roses seemed to form…… “I LOVE YOU”.

And the heart shape. Those are pictures of Kikwang and me.

 

“I may not be the perfect guy on Earth. I may not have understand your feelings well. I may be clumsy and conceited at times. However, please believe in me. I truly love you. I swear to protect you with all my heart. Will you marry me?”

At that instant, all of the insecurities have vanished. Tears of happiness spilled out from her eyes. Hyosung nodded.

 

"Oh and to be honest, don't wear the hair clip. It doesn't suit you." Kikwang snickered.

"YAH! LEE KI KWANG!"

 

 

 

 

 

Kikwang is as cheeky as ever. Gosh. I shall proofread it tomorrow. Too tired. Please bear with me if you see any grammar mistakes etc.

This story has actually ended. Hopefully it's sweet enough for you guys xD As you know, I have problems writing fluff. Oh and the lyrics belong to BEAST's I Like You The Best. Credits for lyrics: mnet; B2STRISING.COM; http://kakakcashier.blogspot.com 
I was listening to INFINITE's Can you smile, Suju's No Other, BEAST's Beautiful while writing the last chapter. So if you are craving for some sweetness, do listen to the songs listed above.

This is my first fanfic so I'm really thankful for all of your support. Special thanks to the 24 of you who have subscribed and those who have commented on my fanfic. I know my story isn't as mind-blowing as others so here's a hug for those who have read every single chapter.

 

Oh and I would like to ask my beloved readers regarding some important matters. Would you prefer

1) Kisung's Honeymoon/ After marriage (most probably a one-shot)

2) Kisung's prequel: Their first encounter (most probably a one-shot)

2) Yoseob and Ji Eun's wedding (chapters)

3) Doojoon and Lizzy one-shot

 

Of course, you can choose more than one. If you prefer chapters to one-shot, that's perfectly fine with me. Just include it in your comment. Also, please make it known which one you would prefer to read first. So I can sort out my schedules and plan for the fanfics. Also, school is officially starting so I don't think I will be able to update any time soon.

Before I forget, if you have any other couples in mind and you will like me to write a fanfic about them, go ahead and tell me :D

Once again, thank you so much!