Is Kikwang mad?

Two Weeks before the Wedding

Kikwang could hear aggressive footsteps echoing ominously on the cold marble. The kitchen door swung open and there Yoseob stood. His eyes scanned the darkness and his breathing was heavy. He strode across the kitchen and stopped momentarily in front of the refrigerator.

 

“A cold drink should do the trick.” Yoseob grumbled.

“Aish! Is that you, Yoseob? You gave me a scare!”

 

Yoseob scowled and refused to look into Kikwang’s eyes. For all he knew, that could possibly made him lose his cool. On the other hand, Kikwang was puzzled. His smiles were met with a stony indifference.

 

“Erm, Yoseob, I’m rather busy now. So do you mind talking to me later?”

“Aish.” Yoseob tightened his grasp on the mineral bottle. He stared at Kikwang so intensely to the extent that air could hardly flow to his lungs.

“Busy? Are you kidding me?” Yoseob’s words were dripping with sarcasm. Kikwang would honestly be a fool if he still could not sense his friend’s raging fury.

“Yeah.  Are you okay? Did something happen?” To Kikwang’s surprise, when he walked over to place his hand on Yoseob’s shoulder, his friend flinched almost immediately.

“Don’t you dare touch me!”

“Chill bro. Did you argue with Ji Eun or something?”

 

Yoseob could only let out a laugh. What a joke. What nonsense was that fool spouting?

 

“Why didn’t you go to the wedding shop today?”

“Oh, I was busy.”

“Busy? Honestly? Have you considered Hyosung’s feelings?”

“Don’t worry. Hyosung understands. Now, tell me what exactly happened between you and Ji Eun.”

“Are you serious, dude? I didn’t argue with Ji Eun.” Yoseob hissed.

“Then, why are you acting so ……”

 

Kikwang would be the death of him. It was pointless to talk to Kikwang. How did he even manage to communicate with that fool for the past few years?

 

“Hyosung has been crying. Your precious girlfriend is crying. And it’s all because of you!”

“It’s normal. Girls tend to have Gamophobia (Fear of marriage).”

“YAH! LEE KI KWANG!”

“I will give her a call later. Don’t worry.”

 

 

“Hyosung, have some porridge. You haven’t eaten anything for the past two days.”

“I’m sorry Ji Eun but I’m not hungry.” Hyosung forced a smile.

“Unnie, it’s alright. You don’t have to apologise. Do you want to have some hot chocolate instead?”

Hyosung nodded meekly. She had to drink something at least or else Ji Eun would be worried.

 

 

 

“What’s all this ruckus about? It’s only 1AM. ” Doojoon yawned.

“Aish. Honestly hyung, I’m going to die.”

“Huh?”

“This fool’s girlfriend is feeling insecure about the marriage. And he’s not doing anything. Isn’t he mad?”

“I said I was going to call her!”

“And do you think that’s sufficient?”

 

Yoseob grabbed Kikwang’s collar swiftly and raised his fist.

However, before his fist could land on Kikwang’s face, he stopped abruptly.

 He did not want to break his promise to Ji Eun by resorting to violence.

 Kikwang was definitely not a pushover either.

As he swung a roundhouse punch and slammed his fist into Yoseob’s broad shoulder, Yoseob staggered a little.  He then kicked Yoseob hard in the gut, causing Yoseob to clutch his stomach in agony.

If looks could kill, Kikwang would probably be dead by now.

 

“What do you think you two are doing?” Doojoon yelled so loudly that his veins were popping out.

The two of them fell onto the ground and panted heavily.

 

“Hyung?” Dongwoon rubbed his eyes, trying to register the scene before his eyes.

“Dongwoon, help Yoseob to clean his wound. As for Kikwang, come with me to the room. NOW!”

 

“Hyung, I……” Kikwang struggled to mouth out an apology.

“Don’t apologise to me. Apologise to Yoseob.”

“But……”

“Are you going to say that you’re not in the wrong?”

“I……”

“You did hit Yoseob, didn’t you?”

“He started it first……”

“But did he hit you?”

“I…… Whatever.”

 

Kikwang stood up and reached for the doorknob.

“Kikwang, I don’t know why you are so busy lately. But you owe Hyosung a valid explaination.”

“Hyung, trust me! I am faithful to Hyosung!”

“Then why didn’t you go to the wedding shop?”

“Wait a second, is that why Yoseob was so mad?”

“What do you think?”

 

Suddenly, Kikwang sat on the floor and burst into laughter.

 

“Hyung……” Dongwoon elbowed Yoseob.

“What?” Yoseob snarled.

“I think Kikwang hyung hit his head or something.” Dongwoon pointed in the direction of Doojoon’s bedroom and shuddered at the thought of it.

 

 

 

 

 

So why do you think Kikwang started to laugh? I hope you like this chapter. I find it hard to describe how Yoseob's anger was building up as well as the fight. By the way, Yoseob didn't fight back for the sake of Ji Eun. So romantic, right? Do look forward to chapter 5! I'm still thinking about the storyline so I doubt the next chapter will be the final one. 

Do leave me comments. I love them!

Have an awesome day ahead!