Premonition

Two Weeks before the Wedding

“Sorry honey, but I don’t think I will be able to make it today.”

What? Honestly speaking, Hyosung would rather Kikwang to be late than to not come at all.

Is this entire marriage a joke? If not, why is Kikwang treating this entire matter so lightly? She has expected so much from Kikwang. After all, she would be entrusting the remaining of her life to him in two weeks’ time.

She knew it. She had a premonition that something bad would happen today.

Earlier, she overheard a couple breaking up outside the dance academy. On a closer look, she then realised they were her classmates who have been dating since high school. How could they forsake their relationship easily when they have been dating for more than 10 years? It then dawned upon her that her relationship with Kikwang was far more vulnerable since they have only dated for 5 years.

 Come to think of it, it seemed that Kikwang’s proposal was a spur of the moment.  

 

-Flashback-

“Say yes, Ji eun! Stop hesitating! Yoseob is so romantic to serenade for you in front of the public. He spent weeks to compose that song for you. Isn’t that the sweetest thing on Earth?” Sunhwa exclaimed.

“But……” Ji eun muttered.

“No buts! Look at Yoseob! Can’t you see how sincere he is?” Zinger butted in.

Hyosung was truly happy for her fellow member, Ji eun. If Kikwang were to do the exact same thing, she would probably be either choking on her overwhelming tears or on the verge of fainting. Then again, Kikwang, the dense one, would never make the first move.

Take their recent winter date as an example. Hyosung had been dropping hints continuously yet our dear Kikwang caught none of them. Yes, not a single one. All Hyosung needed was a warm, unexpected back hug or simply him grabbing onto her icy cold fingers. However, the only thing Kikwang did throughout the cold winter night was to call her pabo for not wearing thick-soled shoes.

“I told you, baby! You should have worn the sports shoes I bought for you on your birthday! Who in the right mind wears high heels on a night like this? How are you even going to walk when the street is practically caked with snow? I honestly can’t understand you!”

Hyosung pouted. She would definitely wear the sport shoes if Kikwang was smart enough to realise that they could only fit his feet. Furthermore, she wore the high heels for the sake of this brainless jerk. He was the one who said it brought out the often neglected beauty of his baby’s legs and it seemed as it was specially made for her.

At that moment, she could not care less even though she used to be an idol (FYI: she had left the entertainment industry two years ago). She narrowed her eyes, stamped her feet and cursed under her breath. She was all ready to hit Kikwang’s head hard until he did something that was gentlemanly. However, as soon as the hot chocolate scalded her smooth skin, she changed her mind and smacked his head with all the force she could possibly muster.

 

Everyone was holding their breath.

After what seemed like an eternity, Ji Eun nodded. Tears were threatening to spill out from Yoseob’s eyes. Before he could practically jump for joy, Ji Eun grabbed onto his arm and mumbled something so softly that it was almost impossible to hear.

“Yoseob, can we postpone the wedding?”

Yoseob froze. He then pinched himself to ensure that he was not hallucinating.

“For how long?”

“Two years. I will like to focus on my career first. You know, I have just started on my job as a vocalist teacher. Can I have your support? ”

Ji Eun fidgeted with a small hole in the hem of her skirt. She prayed that Yoseob would not make her choose between her career and him.

“Yes, Ji Eun. Anything for you.”

 

Hyosung could feel a pair of muscular arms wrapping around her waist.

“How about us, baby?”

“What?”

Hyosung swore that her heart was beating as if there was no tomorrow.

“Marriage! Baby, I’m talking about us getting married as well.”

She nodded and tears began to flow out so freely.

-End of flashback-

 

 

She sighed.

Why did she agree so readily?

There were no fragrant flowers, a diamond-studded ring or even a simple kiss. Wait a second. Yes, there were. They belonged to Ji Eun. She had none.

 

Will Kikwang stay faithful to her after marriage?

Most importantly, was their love strong enough?

Countless questions began to pop in her mind. She was going crazy. She needed someone to talk to.

 

 

 

 

Who do you think Hyosung should talk to? Is this chapter more interesting? I hope so.  Oh and in case if it's confusing, all of them are no longer idols. In this story, Hyosung is 27 and she has left the entertainment industry when she was 25. Also, Kikwang is a rookie actor so that's basically why he is so busy. They have been dating for 5 years. This means they have officially started dating in 2011! I will do more explaining for the next chapter.

Judging by how things are going, this story will definitely exceed three chapters!

Please do leave me comments. They give me energy to update. Thank you so much for those who have read my story, commented or even subscribed!

Have a nice day ahead! :)