Everything will be alright

Two Weeks before the Wedding

“Hello, Ji Eun. Are you free ….. to talk?”

“Sure. Wait, are you crying? What happened? Forget it. Just tell me where you are now.”

“I’m outside …… the wedding ….. shop now.”

“Okay, stay where you are. I’ll go there right away.”

 

Ji Eun knew something was wrong. In fact, something was very wrong.  Her pillar of support would never show any sign of weakness let alone to crumble. It was tugging at her heart strings. Ji Eun just could not put this feeling into words. All she knew was that she had to hurry before the leader broke down completely.

 

“Ji Eun. What should I do? I’m so scared. I feel so insecure.”

“Unnie, please stop crying. Come, let’s go to my house. ”

Ji Eun pulled Hyosung into a tight hug before heading over to her apartment.

 

“Unnie, here’s some hot chocolate.”

 

A tear rolled down Hyosung’s cheeks. Hot chocolate? Kikwang always gives her hot chocolate whenever she feels troubled or stressed.

She felt miserable.

 It was not because of how she looked now.

Her eyes were puffy and swollen.  Her hair was disastrous. Her makeup was all smudged. The usual tinge of pink was missing from her lips.

It was because she felt she was losing hope.

 

A band of pain wraps around her. It was suffocating her.  Her fingers grip the chilly rails of the bed as she struggled to lie on it.

 

Ji Eun sighed. The current sight was breaking her heart. Though she probably could figure out what was troubling her unnie, she still wanted to ask her what had exactly happened. She did not want to make any guesses. That could possibly worsen matters. Nevertheless, her unnie needed to rest now. Everything else could wait.

 

Then again, how could Hyosung wait? She felt she was fighting against time every day. She had to struggle between her job at the dance academy and the wedding preparations. She has been hinting to Kikwang that everything was way too rushed. It needed to be slowed down. However, Kikwang paid no attention to her points and continued to contact his relatives to inform them that he would be marrying his beloved girlfriend soon.

Soon? It was a mad rush. It could have been better if Kikwang had bothered to offer a helping hand. Sadly, he did nothing. Hyosung should have expected less from him. It was already considered as a miracle when he proposed to her.

 

Ji Eun pondered for a moment.

Should I call Kikwang? Will it be better if they talk face-to-face? What if Hyosung becomes more agitated? She needs to calm down first or things may get ugly. I know. I should call Yoseob. Yoseob will know what exactly is going through Kikwang’s mind!

 

“Yoseob, Hyosung has been crying non-stop. Can you please come over?”

“Yah! What did Kikwang do again? Don’t worry. I’ll be there in a jiffy.”

 

Anger boiled within Yoseob. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist. Poor Hyosung. He was going to teach Kikwang a lesson.He would never do that to Ji Eun.

 If you are not even prepared to commit, then why do you even bother to propose in the first place?

His face reddened and he felt his fingers wrap tightly around the smooth metal base of the desk lamp. Hyosung bit her lips. She opened , wanting to tell Yoseob to drop the matter, but the way he was holding the lamp between his tight fingers made her tighten her lips together.

No one should stand in Yoseob’s way when he was angry. He could have possibly gotten even more agitated. Ji Eun hushed him.

 

“Can’t you see Hyosung isn’t ready to confront Kikwang yet?”

“What do you mean by that? Honey, trust me. I won’t beat him up. I will solve the problem.”

 

Yoseob glanced over at Hyosung who was squatting down in a corner. She was too exhausted to even stand up. The usual bubbly, energetic Hyosung was nowhere to be seen. He had to stand up for her. That was the least he could do for his honey’s friend.

 

I can trust Yoseob right? I can, right?

Hyosung needed assurance desperately. She was sick of all these nonsense.

 

Ji Eun gave her a warm smile and then a tight and loving hug.

“Trust me, unnie. Everything will be alright.”

 

I hope you like this chapter! The next chapter will focus on Yoseob confronting Kikwang and some other details. So do look forward to it. Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting! Oh and thank you, iitadakimassufor inspiring me to write a Kisung story! Do leave some comments :) 

Have a great day ahead!