What should Kikwang do?

Two Weeks before the Wedding

Kikwang yawned. His eyelids felt heavier than usual. I mean, who wouldn’t be, if you were him? Try juggling between the busy schedules as a rookie actor, baking lessons as well as his social life (especially since the wedding is nearing). Nevertheless, he was thankful to have the Beast members beside him. Though the six of them have gone separate ways in the entertainment industry, Doojoon has insisted on living together which all the members agreed to. To him, the Beast members are equivalent to his second family. They are the source of his energy, enabling him to strive towards his goals passionately.

 

He honestly hoped that Hyosung would love the wedding cake to bits or he may end up being depressed for weeks. He was not exaggerating at all. He has spent the entire month taking up baking lessons. He thought he could handle it like a professional. After all, he was the mighty Lee Ki Kwang that sent viewers screaming hysterically whenever he appeared on the screen with his chocolate abs. Most importantly, he was the one who swept Hyosung, the nation’s y goddess, off her feet.

 

However, he seemed to have overestimated his capabilities. He had lost count of the times his baking teacher bursting out into laughter. Initially, the baking teacher was excited to meet him. She was squealing and cupping her bright red face with her trembling hands when she saw Lee Ki Kwang right before her very eyes. Yet, her enthusiasm soon died off once she saw the cake created by the promising actor. The cake would either be shockingly sweet or frighteningly bitter. Judging by how he actually forgot to remove the egg shells from the mixing bowl, she could not deny that it was indeed a tough challenge. He was the worst student she has ever taught. Wait a second. You can’t really blame our poor Kikwang since he had to rush off for his sudden schedules every single session. It was tough for him to concentrate during the lessons since his phone would ring almost every hour.

 

Come on, Kikwang did try. He switched off his mobile phone. For once. He could finally concentrate. He had to pay dearly for it though. Once he entered the company, his manager’s features tightened as his eyebrows dropped lower to shade his glare. For Kikwang, at that moment, death was preferable to what was in store for him, and escape or death were his only options. He was on the verge of being killed. It was not a joke. Everyone, who was present that day, was shaking like a leaf. No one dared to make a single sound. The atmosphere was intoxicating. That was until……

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning everyone! I bought some cakes. Please do help yourself to it!” Hyosung flashed a smile at Kikwang’s manager. She could sense something was wrong. Look at Kikwang’s face. Her poor boy’s face had turned ashen white and he was sweating profusely. She beamed and revealed her gummy smile. At that instant, Kikwang’s manager has melted. He could not say no. Thus, all he could do was to reach out for the pastry. By then, his anger has miraculously disappeared. Without leaving a single trace.

 

“Thanks babe. However, I would prefer you to not flirt with my manager.” Kikwang whispered.

“YAH! What nonsense are you spouting? I only bought cakes for you guys.” Hyosung crossed her arms and pouted. She hated it when Kikwang maligned her.

“I’m sorry. I love you. But do me an offer. Don’t pop over here too often.” Kikwang pulled Hyosung closer into his muscular arms.

To that, Hyosung could only blush.

 

That was why Kikwang would never ever switch off his mobile phone.

 

Other than the taste, the texture was the other factor that was causing him a headache. He had to admit it was really way too difficult to bake a wedding cake. The cake would either be rock hard or the third layer would simply crash, ruining the other layers and his hopes completely.

 “Kikwang, why don’t you give up? Just purchase a wedding cake. I know some decent bakeries. I can even bake for you guys. Meanwhile, you can use the time to take her on dates!”

He wanted to give up and spend his free time hugging his baby. However, he knew she was expecting an unforgettable wedding and he wanted to grant her wish.

“No, teacher. I won’t.”

 

 He was worried. It was nothing fancy- just buttery, sugary and creamy.

“Hyosung would appreciate my efforts right?” He mumbled before heading to his comfortable bed.

 

 

 

His eyes fluttered open and he fished out his mobile phone. It was finally morning. His baby should be awake by then.

“Hello baby. I miss you. Can we meet up?”

“You missed me? Lee Ki Kwang, you’re such a joke!”

“Wait, baby. Don’t hang up on me.”

“Listen. I want to cancel our wedding.”

“NO! Hyosung, wait! Please! No! Listen to me, baby! I can explain.”

It’s too late, Kikwang. I’m tired of everything.”

 

 

 

 

So what should Kikwang do? Hyosung is angry. She wants to call off the wedding :O Things are getting serious. By the way, the next chapter will reveal more about Kikwang's plan. I just thought you guys may be interested regarding how poor Kikwang was struggling with the baking process.

I will try to update tomorrow if time allows.

 I know it's a little late. Thank you all for subscribing and commenting!

Good night! :D