Yoseob, to the rescue!

Two Weeks before the Wedding

 

Okay. I’m screwed. I’m done for. I need to find Yoseob now.

“Yoseob, save me!”

“Dude, what’s the matter again? I swear I didn’t sms Ji Eun about your plan.”

“That’s the problem. Can you please text Ji Eun about it?”

 

Yoseob scratched his head and stared at his friend. He paused for a moment, trying to absorb what his dear friend had just said.

“So you want me to tell Ji Eun now? Dude, are you out of your mind?” Yoseob jumped off his bed and walked to the kitchen.

“Why?” Kikwang asked, following closely behind Yoseob.

“Stop changing your mind. I thought you wanted to keep it as a secret.” Yoseob took a sip of water.

“I'm in my baby's bad books at the moment. Hyosung wants to call off the wedding.” Kikwang sighed.

 

“What?” Yoseob’s eyes widened. He began to cough violently, with his hands flapping frantically. Flustered, he lost his grip on the bottle. Boy, was that a wrong move. The bottle slipped out of his hands and water flowed out. In the blink of an eye, the entire carpet was wet. Soaking wet, to be exact.

 

“OHMY…..” The duo shrieked in horror.

“You are so dead. That’s Yoon Doo Joon’s favourite carpet.” Kikwang covered his mouth.

“He won’t. I mean, we are really close. And it’s just water.” Yoseob gulped as his eyes shifted stealthily. He gulped and almost screamed at the top of his lungs when he felt a pat on his shoulder.

“Chill. It’s just me.” Kikwang smirked.

“YAH! Don’t touch me suddenly. You gave me a scare.” Yoseob’s eyes shifted uneasily from Kikwang’s clear, steady ones.

“Oh, so you are scared, aren’t you?” Kikwang turned to the other side to do a fist pump. Luck was on Kikwang’s side.

“Whatever. I bet you won’t want to see Doojoon flaring up either.” Yoseob shot Kikwang a knowing look.

“Don’t look at me. I don’t know.” Kikwang stated nonchalantly and crossed his arms.

“Cut it out. What do you want exactly?” Yoseob’s face contorted in fury.

“What do you mean by that? Did you get out of bed on the wrong side?” Kikwang joked.

“Dude, don’t you dare test my patience!” Yoseob’s hands closed into fists and he leaned forward, daring Kikwang to repeat his words.

 

 

“I….. I….. was simply joking.” Kikwang grinned, nervously.

“Very well then. Get off my back.” Yoseob’s eyebrows knitted closely together.

“Wait, bro. Hold up. Please.” Kikwang whispered.

“I get it. I’ll text Ji Eun. So prepare yourself because you are heading towards my angel’s house straight away. Your baby has been staying at her house for days.” Yoseob mumbled.

 

 

Kikwang’s hands intertwined with each other repeatedly as he fidgeted with them. He found it exceptionally hard to breathe. Just as he raised his right hand to reach for the doorbell, he felt something holding him back. He was not confident that Hyosung would forgive him.

 

Should I come back sometime later? She needs time to calm down, right? What if she doesn’t want to see me? What if she still insists on calling off the wedding? What if she wants to break up?

 

“Ding Dong.”

Kikwang could feel his stomach churning. Perspiration trickled down his forehead. Since when did he just press the doorbell?

 “I pressed it. Since I figured out that you won’t have the courage to do so.” Yoseob showed him a warm, encouraging smile.

 

Before Kikwang could express his gratitude, Ji Eun appeared.

“Baby girl!” Yoseob chirped. His face crinkled up in a smile and his eyes were practically sparkling. “Let go of me, seobbie.” Yoseob hugged her so tightly that she could barely breathe.

 

That’s what we called lovesick.

 

“Have fun at Hongdae. Thanks a lot!” Kikwang grinned widely.

 

 

 

Thump thump. Thump thump. Thump thump.

 

Kikwang’s heart pounded. It was slightly faster than the normal rate. He shut his eyes tightly as he pushed open the door. There she was. His princess was lying on the bed.

 

He made his way carefully towards his princess. He did not want to risk waking her up.

A nap would calm her down. He knew it. He was confident of that.

 

Kikwang climbed onto the bed slowly. He took a peek from the corner of his eyes. Phew, she didn’t wake up. It felt so good to be right beside his princess. He missed her so badly. Her gummy smile, her long wavy hair and her aegyo which was strictly reserved for him. Secret’s fans knew that Hyosung could not do aegyo well. The leader would simply flash an awkward smile to hide her embarrassment. However, that was in front of the camera. In front of him, Hyosung would do aegyo so frequently that he thought his heart would stop beating sooner or later.

 

She was the epitome of perfection.

 

Kikwang found it so hard to tear his eyes away from his baby.

He knew he did not deserve someone like Hyosung. However, he was unwilling to let her go.

 

Take the recent winter date as an example. He knew clearly that Hyosung wanted him to hug her. He wasn’t that dense. However, he was down with a cold so it would be disastrous if he stood too closely to her. Honestly, he would be glad to have another excuse to stay beside his baby. However, the sight of her looking so pale and weak would tear his heart into pieces. Initially, he did not want to chide her for wearing high heels. They hardly meet so he would rather spend his time wisely by showering her with kisses. However, he could not help it. He knew he was the one who told her that the pair of high heels suited her perfectly but he meant that it looked good on her during summer. Not winter. He did not want her legs to be aching once she reached home. Thus, when he noticed her pouting, he decided to buy her hot chocolate. Poor Kikwang. His butterfingers were in his way of expressing his love for his baby. He knew he deserved that smack. His baby’s hands were all red when the hot chocolate landed on her.

 

Yes, Kikwang should have voiced out his thoughts. However, he was poor at expressing. Similarly, he was different from his usual image in front of the camera. Mushy words would send chills down his spine. He would stutter so badly that people would have thought that he was out in the cold for hours. That was why he was so thankful that Hyosung was not like any other girl. It was common for them to express their love for each other through actions.

 

He knew he was the luckiest guy ever since Hyosung agreed to be his girlfriend. You would never be able to imagine how happy he was. He was singing and dancing happily all day long. He even treated his Beast members to barbeque and karaoke for a month. He did not even frown or sulk until he spotted a stranger trying to ask Hyosung out on a date when he left to buy her an ice-cream.  

 

 He wrapped his arms around Hyosung’s waist, pulling her closer to his chest. He wanted Hyosung to listen to his heartbeat.  He loved her and she knew it. He could not help but to smile as Hyosung snuggled comfortably into his chest. He inhaled the flowery scent of his baby’s hair and ran his fingers through her hair. After staying in that posture for hours, he reluctantly got up and left the house.

He did leave something there though. The wedding cake and a note.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Longest chapter ever. Do you remember the winter date? If not, refer to chapter 2 when Hyosung was complaining about how Kikwang was acting like a total jerk. I hope this update was interesting and fluffy enough. I nearly died. I can’t write fluff. My brain cells were dying at a rapid rate. Pardon my limited vocabulary. Sighs. On a side note, I enjoyed writing about how evil Kikwang was to threaten our dear Yoseob. Yoseob was too kind to help him. I mean, Doojoon can't possibly kill him, can he?

Also, I doubt I will be updating the next few days as apparently I have yet to complete my homework. I need to revise as well since school is starting soon.

Have a cool day ahead!

Thanks for everything! Please do comment and subscribe (if that’s possible) :D