Being There

The Best of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, what’s wrong? I was so worried when I saw your text messa-” Youngjae brought Sojung into a hug that could calm anyone down.

 

No words were exchanged. Sojung smoothed her hand up and down his back in hopes to comfort her friend.

 

They pulled away and Sojung held Youngjae’s hand for assurance. It always helped her when the guys held her hand when she was stressed, so she figured it would help vice versa too.

 

“I blew up. This person is forcing her way back into our lives and we don’t like it one bit. I just couldn’t hold it in,” Youngjae confessed.

 

This must be the girl that Jackson was talking about over the phone. Dang it, I really want to know more. But there should be a reason why they’re not telling me whatever is going on. I trust them.  I’ll just wait until they tell me.

 

“Should I teach that girl a lesson?” Sojung proposed while cracking her knuckles. Youngjae chuckled at the harmless girl in front of him and ruffled her hair.

 

“Thanks, but no thanks, Sojungie,” Youngjae replied with a bright grin.

 

“I can fight!” Sojung defended, but Youngjae looked at her with a knowing look.

 

“Fine. But, I can give her a good scolding and the really effective mean glare I have!” Sojung tried to convince him while showing the mean glare to prove her point. This only resulted in getting her hair messed up again.

 

“Whatever. Just remember that I’m always here for you. Always!” Sojung said as she held up her hand for a high five.

 

“Always!” Youngjae exclaimed as he high fived her.

 

They bought their smoothies and sat down while telling each other stories of what happened that week, funny memories, and random thoughts.

 

“I’ll text Jackson that we’re here,” Sojung informed.

 

“I’ll text Jaebum hyung that I’m fine and with you,” Youngjae said.

 

“Awww, 2JAE. How cute. I hope he doesn’t get jealous that we’re alone together right now,” Sojung teased. Youngjae gave her a disgusted face.

“Oh, you know I’m kidding! Maybe we should go to the park after we finish our smoothies. Text your lover that we’ll go to the park after,” Sojung teased more.

 

“Whatever. You’re lucky we’re friends,” Youngjae replied.

 

“Yeah. I am lucky aren’t I,” Sojung spoke with a soft smile. Youngjae returned the gesture.

 

Not a minute after, a finger tapped Sojung’s shoulder.

 

“Wooyoung?! What are you doing here? Wait, you’re in a smoothie place. Duh, you’re getting a smoothie. Anyways, AHHH I’m so happy you’re here!” Sojung cheered as she excitedly jumped up to hug him.

 

Wooyoung gave the top of her head a little peck before he pulled away and looked into her eyes endearingly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter