Smackdown

The Best of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know, I’m still kind of mad about you not telling me about your boyfriend,” Yugyeom chimed in.

 

“Ugh fine,” You hesitated.

“Gather around children. I’m about to tell you what you all have been waiting for,” You tried to lighten up the situation that was about to unfold.

 

“Did she just call us ‘children’? Does she know that you and I are older than her?” Mark chuckled to Jaebum.

 

“And that the rest of us, except for Jackson and Bambam, are older than her in mental age?” Jinyoung added making everyone laugh.

 

“I heard that!” You growled in annoyance. You looked down to see Bambam on the floor dying of laughter.

 

“Dude, he basically called you immature. Why are you laughing?” You asked Bambam.

“Because it’s true,” he shrugged after his laughing fit.

 

“You right,” Jackson and you synchronized causing you two to get into your own laughing fit. Unfortunately, the rest of the group’s fit has already finished which left you in an awkward state when you finished five minutes after.

 

You shoved Jackson to let him be aware of his surroundings and that the laugh fest has ended.

 

He quickly sat on the couch, acting like he wasn’t dying on the floor a few seconds ago, rubbed his chin, and said, “So, tell us about this friend boy of yours.” You giggled.

 

“Well, his name is Wooyoung. We’ve been dating for a month and a half. We’re in the same AP Biology class, so that’s how we know each other. He’s Korean, likes to dance and sing, and has these cheeks that you can’t help but squish. Um… he’s thoughtful, caring, and funny. I don’t really know what to say. What do you guys want to know?” You asked.

 

“How did he ask you to be his girlfriend?” Bambam asked.

 

“What does he aspire to be?” Mark asked.

 

“Does he tell you that he loves you often?” Youngjae asked.

 

“Has he ever made you cry yet?” Yugyeom asked.

 

“When do we get to meet him?” Jaebum asked.

 

“Do you love him?” Jackson asked.

 

The questions came all at once but you were able to make out what each asked. Everyone looked at Jinyoung expectedly.

 

“You don’t want to ask anything?” Yugyeom inquired.

 

“Nope,” Jinyoung smirked. “I already have my answer,” answered Jinyoung which caused confusion, but the moment passed nonetheless.

 

“The way he asked me was really cute. In class, while we were doing our individual AP Essay Question Practice, Wooyoung left. But, when he returned to class, all eyes were on him. He walked towards me, gave me a bouquet of roses, and held up a sign that said, ‘My name is Wooyoung, but you can call me adenine. Can I pair up with U and be your boyfriend?’” You squealed.

 

“Ahhh! It was so cute! Get it? Because Adenine is A and Uracil is U and they’re base pairs in RNA? Isn’t it cute?!” You excitedly cheered.

 

“You’re such a nerd sometimes,” Bambam shook his head with the other joining. You just scrunched your face in response.

 

“He wants to be a KPOP star, but if that doesn’t fall through then an interior designer. Overall, he just wants to do what he loves,” You replied to Mark’s question.

 

“Yes, he tells me that he loves me a lot. He made me cry happy tears, but no sad tears. You guys can meet him Monday after school? I’ll bring him to the park with me,” You answered Yugyeom’s and Jaebum’s questions respectively.

 

“Sounds good. But, I promised to help my hyung with choreography after school so I’ll be a little late,” Yugyeom said.

 

“That’s okay! As long as you meet him, that’s all that matters,” You confirmed.

 

“Do you love him?” Jinyoung asked. “You didn’t answer Jackson’s question,” he reminded.

 

“Of course I do! He’s my boyfriend,” You answered without the same spark as you did with the other answers.

 

Jinyou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter