Idiots

The Best of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, So? Can I come in?” You heard Jackson ask as you frantically checked your reflection to make sure tears weren’t evident on your face.

 

“Yeah, sure,” You say and beam at him when he walks in.

 

“Sorry, I just had to finish a writing assignment that’s due online later tonight. Was I gone for too long? Did you guys start missing me already? Awww, it’s okay. I’m here now. You don’t have to miss me anymore,” You joked and Jackson shook his head in embarrassment as he leaned on the wall.

 

“And you’re the one that asked us why we’re friends with you?” You chucked a pillow at Jackson’s remark.

 

Jackson joined you on your bed and comfortably sat where he can see your face better. You were worried that Jackson would see some kind of evidence of your crying session if he was too close. So, as he sat down, you got up and leaned on your dresser.

 

“Well, come on! Let’s go back and finish the movie,” You exclaimed as you grabbed Jackson’s wrist in order to drag him with you to the living room.

 

Jackson pulled your arm and made you sit right next to him. Then, he held your hand. He always held your hand when he felt like you needed to feel safe, loved, and appreciated.

 

“I’m sorry, So. We’re sorry. I know that you’re kind of catching onto us, and you feel betrayed. We want to tell you, but it’s hard. Just be patient with us, okay?” Jackson comforted you.

 

“Who knew I’d feel so bad for asking a simple question…” You uttered under your breath, but Jackson was keen enough to hear you. His heart shattered to pieces, understanding your pain and feeling like a horrible best friend.

 

“You don’t have to apologize for anything. I understand. Yeah, it’s tough. But, it’s okay. I don’t want to force you guys to tell me something that you’re not comfortable with sharing,” You reassured. Jackson squeezed your hand and let go.

 

He got up and offered his hand once again. You chortled while you placed your hand in his. He began to playfully you back into the living when he came to a sudden halt.

 

“By the way... maybe next time when you try to hide the fact that you’ve been crying, try harder. I can see right through your whole charade, Miss Song. After all, I am your best friend,” Jackson smirked.

 

He heartily laughed when you slapped his arm.

 

“You’re the worst, you know that?” You asked Jackson and he only hummed in response. This only resulted in you chasing this little brat around your home.

 

Jinyoung was the first to flash a grin when he saw you two. You finished crying a few minutes ago, and then here you are, laughing and as happy as ever. People would have never guessed that you were upset a few moments ago if they saw you right now.

 

He saw you look intently at Jackson. Before you could attack Jackson, Jinyoung called your name.

 

“Sojung! Wanna go get some smoothies with Jaebum and Jackson?” You nodded enthusiastically at Jinyoung’s request.

 

“Just let me get my purse real quick,” You said as you dashed to your room.

 

“What the heck, Jinyoung?!” Jaebum snapped.

 

“I never agreed to getting smoothies. Especially with him,” Jackson resounded. Jinyoung was about to respond when Mark cut in.

 

“I sense tension between you two after that little dispute you had. Perhaps you two need a little make up session. And, what’s a better way than having sweet, lovable Sojung there to calm your nerves?” Mark provided his words of wisdom.

 

“Sorry, I couldn’t find my purse at first. I found it in the laundry bin. Let’s go?” You s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter