What Ifs and Meant to Be's

The Best of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is she still mad at me?” Jaebum asked with his head low. You were out on your “date,” which Jackson “forgot” to mention. He wanted a little revenge. Of course, everyone else was in on it, too.

 

“Nah, man. She just wants to spend some time with her other friends,” Jackson chose not to mention the fact that the date was planned in weeks in advance.

 

“Well, that’s fine. I’m not going to let it bother me.” Jaebum hurriedly said. Everyone knew very well that he was squirmish inside.

 

“Come on, let’s go to the dance studio. Hopefully, Hyunjae isn’t there this time,” Bambam suggested.

 

 

 

 

“Hi, friends! Fear not, it is  I, your lovely friend, Sojung. Hold the applause, please,” You dramatically entered. You planned to meet up with Ahyeon, Robyn, and Lucille at this cute breakfast place.

 

“Finally, you’re here. We’re starving. What took you so long?” Robyn asked.

 

You were the first to arrive, but because you wanted to make a dramatic entrance, you hid behind a plant and waited for your friends to come.

 

“I was being one with nature,” You smirked. The rest rolled their eyes knowing that they’ll never understand and wouldn’t want to.

 

“You know, I sometimes forget that you’re older than Ahyeon and Lucille. You’re like 12,” Robyn joked. You sarcastically laughed.

 

“Sooo, how’s life? What have you been up to? What’s the 411? What’s happening in the life of my friends?” You asked all too excitedly.

 

“Dude, we have a group chat. We text everyday. You’re acting like it’s been years since we’ve been in contact,” Ahyeon  sassed. You scrunched your face in response causing everyone to laugh.

 

“First semester of senior year is almost done, and I have never been so ready for a break,” Robyn said. You and Robyn have been best friends since you met in Kindergarten. However, you two stopped going to the same school since sixth grade.

 

“That’s me, but for junior year. I hate Kiwanis Club,” Ahyeon complained half-heartedly.

 

“Me too, Ahyeon. Kiwanis Club ruins my life,” Lucille complained as well. You all know too well that Key Club is an important part of their lives.

“How about you?” Lucille gestured towards you. “How are the boys?” Lucille asked the latter with glint in her eyes.

 

“Oh my gosh, don’t look at me like that. They’re just my friends. Tell me again why you three don’t want to meet them, but continuously ask me about them,” You pondered.

 

“It’s not that we don’t want to meet them, we just don’t want to plan it. And that includes you too. We don’t want you to plan it. We want them to contact us,” Lucille confided.

 

“Yeah. Besides, we’re bound to meet,” Robyn pointed out. A loud ding alerted from your cell phone.

 

“Oh, it’s Jackson. He said, ‘Do me a favor and don’t answer Jaebum if he texts or calls you. I’ll explain later. Have fun on your ‘date,’” You announced.

 

“Date! Oh my gosh, I totally forgot that we’re having dinner at his parents’ house tonight. I bet Baekhyun forgot too. Be right back, I need to call my boyfriend,” Lucille hurriedly dialed on her phone.

 

“Speaking of boyfriends, how’s yours, Sojung?” Ahyeon casually asked.

 

“It’s great! It that we barely get to see each other, though. Wooyoung comes here for a semester with his dad and the other semester in Malaysia with his mom. This semester is almost done, which means he has to go to his mom soon,” You sang sadly.

 

“We only started dating like a month and a half ago. And two weeks of that, he’s been in Malaysia helping his mom. It sounds bad, but when we’re apart, I don’t feel loved. I can only feel that he cares about me when he’s here with his dad,” The perky Sojung has now vanished.

 

“This may not be what you want to hear, but I think it’s something that you need to hear,” Robyn started. You continued to look down, preparing your heart for whatever your best friend was about to say.

 

“I don’t think you’re in love with him. I think you love him and the kind of person he is, but you’re not in love with him. You say you love him with doubt because you’re supposed to love your boyfriend, but, frankly, you’re not sure you do. In my opinion, when you’re in love with someone, you’ll know. Whether it’s subconscious or not. And, you deserve someone who gives you unquestionable love. Someone who shows that he loves you no matter what the circumstances are,” Robyn finished. You looked at Ahyeon who just confirmed with a nod.

 

Settling back down, Lucille questioned, “I’m back. What did I miss?”

 

Then, you started wailing and sobbing. It was the truth that you didn’t want to hear but needed. You decided that you needed to break up with Wooyoung soon.

 

While you were being comforted by Robyn, Ahyeon was explaining to Lucille about what happened. You overheard it, and started crying even more. Your sobs were so loud that you didn’t hear your phone ring. Enraged Lucille answered.

 

“Hello? Sojung, I’m sorry. It was my fault. Please, don’t be mad at me anymo-”

 

“I’m sorry, but Sojung is currently crying because of some IDIOT who DOESN’T APPRECIATE HER. Goodbye,” Lucille madly struck through the phone not letting Jaebum finish.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter