Confessions

The Best of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sojung, you’re here! Finally, we can eat!” Yugyeom dashed towards the dinner table.

 

“You guys didn’t have to wait for me,” You told.

 

“But someone here didn’t want to start without you in case you were still mad at him, and he thought this was a good way to get you to forgive him for yelling at you and making you cry,” Jackson sang and smirked in Jaebum’s direction.

 

“Yes. But, please, Sojung, respond when we have food on our plates and are happily eating, okay? Good. I am starving,” You laughed as Yugyeom hurriedly spoke to you and gestured your seat at the table.

You eye Yugyeom, teasingly, as you slowly took your time to settle in your seat. You even took the liberty to politely place a napkin on your lap with a cunning smile. Yugyeom glared at you in return.

 

“Let’s eat!” You cheered noticing Yugyeom’s relieved visage. “Jaebum, come with me,” You demanded as you grabbed his wrist to follow you.

 

You didn’t even touch your food yet and Jaebum was in the middle of bringing the food to his mouth when you did so. You made Jaebum sit down on the couch in the living room and, you placed yourself next to Jaebum, sitting criss crossed, facing him. You can tell that he’s a bit uncomfortable with his nervousness, so you pinch his cheek to ease the tension.

 

“Ya!” He yelled.

 

“Ya! Are you yelling at her again?” Mark yelled with food in his mouth. Jaebum quiets down and pats his lap rhythmically to not look so awkward.

 

“Jaebum, it’s okay. I’m not mad at you,” Jaebum turns his head suddenly and looks at you looking shocked.

 

“Really?!” He asks surprised.

 

“Really...?” He asks again but with one eyebrow raised. You nod your head.

 

“Yup. I didn’t even cry. I promise,” You comforted.

 

“That’s because she was all out of tears when you yelled at her before that,” Jinyoung interrupted earning a glare from you and Jaebum. Jinyoung playfully stuck his tongue out.

 

“The point is… I’m not mad. Actually, I understand. It was just that you were the only one who actually said it out loud. And, by loud, I mean really loud,” Your laugh faded as you saw that you were the only one laughing. Jaebum didn’t look so pleased.

 

“But, I still stand by what I said. Tell me the truth, am I wrong?” You asked a dangerous question considering the fact that Jaebum is pretty stubborn and has a hot temper.

 

Jaebum tapped his fingers on his thigh trying to control his temper. He closed his eyes for a second to prepare.

 

“No,” Jaebum silently said. He was giving up a sense of his pride when he did so.

 

The rest at the table would have been in complete shock if they hadn’t already known that Sojung is one of his weaknesses. Instead, they were tauntingly laughing to themselves trying to contain it but not doing a good job.

 

“Sorry. I think I just got mad because you don’t think the way we do,” he explained, “But I know it’s part of your nature to think of others, so I get it.”

 

“Yeah, I hear that I’m too nice sometimes,” causing Jackson to cough awkwardly which made you chortle.

 

“You being considerate is one of my favorite things about you. Don’t change that because of a jerk like me,” Jaebum told guiltily.

 

“You’re not a jerk… most times,” You smirked jokingly. Jaebum openly laughed and ruffled your head as ‘payback’ for that sly comment.

 

“I’m just trying to look out for you,” You explained. You hugged Jaebum one-sidedly and it didn’t take long for him to hug you back.

 

Jaebum stood up and grabbed your wrist.

 

“Let’s eat,” that cheeky smile re his face.

 

He pulled out your chair for you and, you started to dig in your food. Jackson saw you smiling to yourself and he started to smile too.

 

“What did you do today, Jung?” Youngjae asked.

 

“I finally got to hang out with Ahyeon, Robyn, and Lucille. I’ve been waiting for like a month. We had brunch at the cute cafe and then went karaoke,” You summarized.

 

“See?! I told you she had plans with her friends!” Jackson smacked Jaebum’s arm which in return earned a harder smack on Jackson’s arm.

 

“Wait,” Jackson paused causing you to look at him expectedly as you chewed your food.

 

“Why did you cry?” Jackson asked.

 

“What are you talking about?” You asked back. How did they know that you cried today?

 

“I called you earlier, and your friend answered. She said that you were crying because of some idiot that doesn’t appreciate you. I thought it was me, so I got more worried,” Jaebum explained.

 

“Ah. Well, I realized that Wooyoung doesn’t really love me, that I don’t really love him either, and that I need to break up with him because if we keep going, it’ll be a relationship based on folly,” You tried to say nonchalantly, but the tears welled up in your eyes told the guys otherwise.

 

The guys were looking at you sadly. “But, it’s okay. I feel better now. It’s just going to be hard when I have to tell Wooyoung that,” You continued.

 

Not long after, you all finished your food and sat in the living room.

 

“Wow. Your house looks small from the outside, but when you’re inside it’s really big and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter