Not Knowing What's Right

The Best of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I didn’t know you guys would be here. I just wanted to visit. You know, nostalgia,” Hyunjae explained.

 

The boys were looking at her with anger and disgust. You, however, were cautious. It was certain she didn’t know you were going to come to the dance studio since it was a last minute plan for you too. You understood the feeling of wanting to relive nostalgia. But, your friends weren’t so fond of her which meant you shouldn’t be either.

 

“Fine, it’s getting dark anyways. You stay and we’ll leave,” Bambam denoted. You all turned your backs toward the door.

 

“Wait!” Hyunjae scuttled over in front of you who is still on Jackson’s back.

 

“Hi, I’m Hyunjae. I know that they probably already told you about what I’ve done. But, I truly am sorry. I regret it. I regret taking advantage of our friendship and losing great people like them. You only know of me from what they told you, so I’m kind of hoping you’d consider the present me as someone who wants to fix what was left broken,” Hyunjae  confessed. You didn’t know whether to trust her words or not. You wrapped your arms around Jackson tighter.

 

Hyunjae saw your eyes glisten in empathy and confusion. She internally smirked knowing that her plan was smoothly starting.

 

“Let’s just go. Our bestest friend to ever exist, shouldn’t have to witness this bull desperation,” Youngjae gestured Sojung while glaring at Hyunjae.

 

You exited the community center and felt that the air turned cooler. The sun was beginning to set. It took you a minute to realize that you’ve been on Jackson’s back ever since you were tired from before.

 

“You can put me down, Jackson,” You said. He must’ve been tired from carrying you for so long. A silent “okay” was heard and he bent down to let you walk on your own.

 

You wrapped your arm around Jackson’s and laid your head on Jackson’s shoulder. It was only a quick moment, long enough to let him know that you’re there for him and for him to lay his cheek against your head to return the quick gesture.

The walk was filled with loud silence.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Mark asked you. You were still about fifteen minutes away from your apartment.

 

“A lot of things. I just don’t know how or whether I should say it,” You truthfully told.

 

“Sojung, you can tell us anything. You know that,” Jinyoung reassured.

 

“I don’t know how to feel about Hyunjae. People make mistakes. Maybe you guys are so angry that you don’t see her efforts. Or, maybe I’m being gullible for falling for it. I mean she couldn’t have known we were going to be in the studio. Maybe she really did go to relive the happy moments that she experienced with you before that whole chaotic situation. I’m not saying you should be completely friendly with her, but I don’t want you guys to regret something that you should or shouldn’t have done,” You confessed hesitatingly.

 

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT WE WENT THROUGH? I THOUGHT YOU WOULD’VE AT LEAST THOUGHT ABOUT HOW WE FELT. WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter