Scenery

A Personal Sunrise

Key’s POV

                I placed a hand on my hip and bit my lip pensively as my eyes roamed over the shelves. Hundreds of tempting silver containers stared back at me, innocently reflecting the fluorescent light of the hardware store.

                “Jjong, I have no idea what color to pick.” I sighed and examined a gallon of sky blue paint for the sixth time. “Why do they have to have so many choices?”

                Jonghyun abandoned the row of cupboard handles he had been examining halfheartedly to come stand beside me.

                “It’s your room,” he said with a chuckle. “I have no say in this.”

                I pouted. “You do, too! It’s still your house.”

                “It’s just as much your house as it is mine, Key.”

                I sighed in exasperation. “Your umma really doesn’t care what color I paint it?”

                He shrugged. “My umma is letting her son’s boyfriend move into her house. I think the color of your bedroom is the last thing on her mind, to be honest.”

                I stuck my tongue out at him. “Then at least help me choose.”

                Jonghyun shook his head and glanced at the rows of paint cans. “Why don’t we narrow it down to one color first, and then decide on a shade?”

                I nodded. “Well…”

                “Isn’t it obvious?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. “Painting your room any color other than pink would be some sort of sin, wouldn’t it?”

                I rolled my eyes. “I was considering pink, but I don’t want it to clash with my curtains.” I hoped the annoyance in my tone showed him that that conclusion should have been obvious.

                “Oh right, right. Of course. Why didn’t I think of that?”

                I shoved him gently and glanced at the various shades of pink. I was sure that none of them would look good with my curtains, and over half of them would clash horribly with my bedspread.

                “Hey, how about this one?” Jonghyun picked up a small square piece of cardstock coated in a color and handed it to me. “It’s still a little pink, but not enough to clash with anything you have, right?”

                I eyed the cardstock curiously. It was a light color, a pastel pinkish-purple that I normally would have considered too muted for my taste. I tilted my head to the side and tried to imagine it next to my curtains. I nodded slowly.

                “I really like this one, actually…”

                Jonghyun’s eyes widened. “You do? I was actually expecting you to immediately put it back and demand that we stay here for three more hours.”

                I raised an eyebrow. “Now, really, Jjong, I’m not that difficult.”

                “That’s what you said when we got here,” Jonghyun muttered, glancing at his watch. “Which was, might I add, an hour and a half ago.”

                I placed the cardstock back in its holder and grabbed the corresponding can of paint. “Well I’m done now. Let’s go, I can’t wait to get started on this.”

                Jonghyun grinned. “Me neither. I love painting.”

               

                I stepped out of the bathroom and tugged at my shirt distastefully.

                Jonghyun laughed. “Don’t worry, it looks good on you.”

                I pouted. “Why don’t they make specific clothes for painting in? I mean, yeah they’d most likely get ruined and everything, but at least you’d look fashionable during the process.”

                “Trust me, Key, you make even that outfit look fashionable.” He gestured toward my oversized beige T-shirt and the gray sweat pants that were two inches too short. “And besides, I’m the only one who’s going to be seeing you.”

                I pursed my lips. He had a point.

                He smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the guest bedroom. The soft carpet had been covered in an enormous clear tarp, and bright blue painter’s tape clung to the edges of the baseboards and door frames. Two large paint rollers and several hand brushes were scattered across the floor.

                “Ready?” Jonghyun asked, grabbing a paint roller and holding it as if it were a weapon.

                I grinned and grabbed the other roller. “Ready.” I carefully dipped the spongy material into the large plastic tray between us, thoroughly coating the cylinder in the pastel liquid.

                Jonghyun did the same, and we slowly began the first coat. I smiled as the dull off-white paint gave way to the pinkish-purple. It was oddly therapeutic, painting my new bedroom. I felt like I was taking the dull, depressing color of my old life and – with Jonghyun’s help – changing it into something better and brighter.

                I glanced over at Jonghyun and couldn’t stop the laugh that immediately bubbled up to my lips. Small streaks of paint adorned his cheeks, and bits of the pastel color had even found a place in his hair.

                He stared back at me innocently. “What are you laughing at?”

                “How did you already get so much paint on you?”

                He glanced down at his clothes and shrugged. “I said I like painting, I never said I was good at it.”

                I examined my own spotless outfit. “Huh.”

                Jonghyun’s lips pushed outward in an adorable pout. “Yah, just because you’re good at everything…” He dipped the roller in the paint once more and held it up threateningly.

                My eyes narrowed. “You wouldn’t…”

                “Oh, you know I would.”

                “It’s a waste of paint, Jjong…”

                He smirked. “We have three more cans.” With that, he lunged forward and ran the paint roller down the length of my arm.

                I gasped and jumped backward. “Yah!” The cold paint clung to my skin uncomfortably, running down my arm in thick rivulets.

                Jonghyun laughed and held up the roller once more. “There’s so much more where that came from, diva.”

                I glared at him and lowered my own roller back into the paint tray.

                He raised an eyebrow. “It’s a waste of paint, Key,” he mimicked, his voice taking on a high-pitched, whiny quality as he mocked me.

                “I don’t talk like that,” I retorted, pressing my paint roller against the side of his face.

                He grinned, and I couldn’t help but smile back. Pastel-coated pieces of his hair stuck out in all directions, and he looked like a mischievous kid. He threw the roller to the floor and snatched up a small hand brush, quickly swirling it around in the paint before holding it at the ready.

                I took a small step backward, brandishing my roller like a sword. Jonghyun laughed and ducked under the handle. He grabbed my wrist and reached up to run the paint-soaked bristles through my hair. I squirmed and twisted in an effort to escape, but knew that it was futile when I felt the viscous liquid running down the side of my face.

                I quickly caught the paint with the back of my hand and transferred it to Jonghyun’s forehead. Taking advantage of his momentary distraction, I dropped my paint roller, grabbed a brush, and skimmed it through the paint.

                “You’re done for!” I said with a laugh, grabbing a handful of his shirt and pulling him closer. He flailed and shouted in mock distress as I ran the brush down the side of his neck.

                “Yah, it’s cold!” He yelled, swiping at the liquid with his fingers.

                “That’s what you get,” I said lightly, running my fingers absently through his messy hair.

                He chuckled and ran his fingers along my jawline, catching the stray drops of paint that threatened to fall to the floor. “So…you win?”

                I smirked. “Don’t I always?”

                “That’s what you think.” He abruptly stepped back and threw his brush to the floor. Before I had a chance to blink, he had scooped up a handful of paint and smeared it neatly down the front of my shirt.

                I mirrored the action, laughing loudly at his surprised expression. Paint dripped from the tips of my fingers and collected in the folds of the tarp, creating small pastel ponds and rivers that pooled around our feet.

                “You know,” Jonghyun said thoughtfully as he attempted to clean off his face but only succeeded in adding another smear of paint to his nose, “I’ve never seen your hair that messy before.”

                I stuck out my tongue and patted my hair down halfheartedly. I could feel globs of dried paint twisting my hair into horrendous tangles. “Don’t look, I’m hideous.”

                Jonghyun grinned. “I actually kind of like it.”

                I raised an eyebrow and tried to tame my hair once more. “Kind of?”

                He took a step closer and tugged on a pastel lock of hair gently. “Okay, I really like it.”

                I laughed lightly and reached up to lace my fingers through his. “Yeah, right.”

                “No, I really do.” He wrapped an arm lightly around my waist and pulled me closer. “You should wear it messy more often.”

                I released his fingers from my grip and slowly reached up to wrap my arms around his neck. “Yeah, not gonna happen.” The warmth emanating from his body was ridiculously inviting, and I felt myself instinctively move closer.

                He chuckled softly under his breath and leaned forward, pressing his lips gently against mine. I sighed as my eyes slipped closed and absolute bliss stole through my veins. My body always reacted to his touch before my mind could catch up, and my fingers twisted into his hair before I could stop them.

                His lips curved into a smile against mine as his fingers trailed slowly up my spine. I shivered involuntarily and took a small step closer, pressing my lips harder against his. His lips parted slightly as he drew in a surprised breath. I took another step forward, causing him to step back until his back was pressed against the paint-soaked wall.

                My lips parted against his as I leaned deeper into the kiss, and my fingers trailed along the damp paint on the back of his neck. He sighed softly. I could feel his heartbeat against my chest as his hands found their way to the small of my back and stole underneath the hem of my shirt.

                My brain was screaming for oxygen, and I pulled back slightly to draw in a breath of air. In that brief instant, Jonghyun’s lips pressed softly against my jawline, and when he saw that I wasn’t about to protest, he moved his lips along the side of my neck. I gasped and felt my head tilt slowly backward. His breath trailed along my collarbone as he pulled the hem of my shirt farther upward. The cool draft swirling about the room raised goose bumps on my bare skin.

                I ran my fingers along the edge of his jaw, tilting his face back toward mine until our lips met once more. I wasn’t the least bit surprised when my arms slid from the sleeves of the T-shirt and Jonghyun gently pulled the fabric over my head. His fingers traced my shoulders and chest, and I felt the heat rise to my face. A dozen different emotions were fighting for dominance in my head, and I couldn’t decide how far I really wanted this to go.

                But my mind and my body weren’t on the same page. My brain may have been hazy, muddled, and more than a little conflicted, but my body moved with a simple surety of its own. My hands trailed down Jonghyun’s spine until my fingers found the hem of his shirt, and the article of clothing was over his head and on the floor before I even realized what I had done. The fresh paint that had soaked the back of his shirt now coated the tips of my fingers, and the pastel liquid left trails along his skin.

                This time, he was the first to break away for air, and my lips tingled at the sudden loss of contact. I moved to press my lips against the soft skin of his neck, and I felt his entire body shiver against mine. His hands came to rest on my hips and he pulled me closer still, until I was sure that our bodies would eventually intertwine and form one passionate, indistinguishable being.

                Jonghyun twisted his fingers into my hair and gently brought my face back up to his. He kissed me with a sudden, fierce passion that I didn’t know he was capable of, and I felt my breath catch as his tongue trailed along my lower lip. He stepped away from the wall and leaned deeper into the kiss, causing my heart to pound and my brain to melt into a pool of ecstasy.

                He pulled away slowly, and I opened my eyes in surprise. His lips were parted slightly as he stared at me; his eyes alight with nothing but pure adoration. He pulled his fingers from my hair and grabbed both of my hands lightly in his. He slowly stepped into the hallway and pushed open the door to his own bedroom, pulling me gently behind him.

                “Jjong…,” I whispered hesitantly, my face heating up again. How far did he want this to go?

                He closed the door softly behind him and pulled me close once more, gently brushing a lock of hair back from my forehead. “Ne?” His voice was soft; his breathing uneven.

                I moved closer and rested my head against his shoulder. The feeling of his skin against mine was messing with my nervous system, and I no longer had control over my actions.

                “I love you,” I whispered simply.

                He buried his face in my hair and ran his fingers lightly along my spine. “I love you, too,” he whispered back. “More than you will ever know.”

                I smiled and brushed my lips against his shoulder. He drew in a surprised breath and tightened his grip around my waist. I slowly trailed my lips along his shoulder and up his neck to his jawline. He tilted his head back and his eyes slipped closed. As my lips parted against the skin of his neck, he took several steps forward until the edge of the bed pressed against the back of my legs. We instantly fell backward in a very unsophisticated manner, and I found myself wondering how people in movies always did this so gracefully.

                His body was heavy against mine and unbelievably warm. His hands trailed along my chest as he brought his lips back against mine, and my hands rested on either side of his face. Our lips moved together in a perfectly synchronized dance, like they had always known what to do and were only waiting for the day when they were reunited.

                I gasped as Jonghyun’s lips left mine and proceeded to make their way along the skin of my neck. My back arched slightly as he pressed his hands harder against my spine. His tongue trailed lightly along my collarbone, and my head tilted back farther into the pillows as my breathing became increasingly uneven.

                And as time flew by like scenery past an airplane window, we each became more and more lost in the other. The world stopped spinning, if only for a moment, and I existed only for him. He existed only for me. Outside his bedroom window, the sun began to set. The paint in my bedroom began to dry. And Jonghyun and I were intertwined: one heart, one mind, and one soul, adrift in the endless sea of love without so much as a life jacket to keep us from slipping under and never coming back.

 

WARNING: THIS MAY BE THE LONGEST AND MOST FANGIRLY A/N EVER.

FEEL FREE TO IGNORE THIS.

      Hey guys~~~ ^___^

I'm actually really surprised I got this update up so soon. (It's pretty sad when my version of 'soon' is anytime I update more than once in a month -_- ) 

But, hey, that's what college and work do to you XP

Anyways, I promised you JongKey fluff, and here is much JongKey fluff. ^_^

I hope you all liked it kekeke~

And sorry if you were like super prepared for or something XP is not my thing *shudders*

Oh yeah, and by the way, Jae Hyun is still the TA in my Korean class -_-

Every time I see him, I think of Minho's brother. *sigh*  poor Jae Hyun.

And did you all see the teaser photos for SHINee's comeback? *nods* Pretty sure I'm not the only one who's super excited~~

                   

                                                                                                                       Taemin's teaser photo is my favorite out of all of them ^____^

 

                  

ONEW TEASER = WANT

And, yeah, I thought they were kinda weird at first, but, really, compared to the Sherlock photos...

I bought that CD, and there is still nothing to this day that can erase that weird-in-your-stomach feeling I got when I saw the photos... o.o

Just...no.

Anyways, just had to share those, since I've been waiting for them to come back *dies*

I mean, Sherlock = EPITOME OF AWESOMENESS and then....nothing. Like okay we'll just release this freaking amazingness and then go do other stuff for a while but we'll be back soon eventually maybe. XP  ABOUT TIME SHINEE

Anyways, aside from SHINee, my newest obsession is VIXX.

Yes, I know an A/N is not necessarily the place for ranting but really, where else will people listen to me? XP XP

IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD VIXX'S NEW SONG YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A DEPRIVED SOUL

If you have not SEEN N'S RIDICULOUS BEAUTY you are more deprived. Since I'm on a fangirl rant right now...

*dead* WAEEEE it should be illegal to be this beautiful

Okay, now that this has been probably the longest A/N in history... -_-;

 

I hope you all liked this chapter, aside from the A/N  XP XP

Just so you know, I'm only planning on 2 more chapters~ which makes me kind of sad inside TT_TT

But thank you guys so much for sticking with it this long~! I love you all~~~ *hugs hugs hugs*

Comments are happiness and love and all those other good things ^____^   <3 <3 <3