These Sweet Sunday Mornings

Regardless of Height

Title: These Sweet Sunday Mornings

Rating: PG-13

Word count: 1217

Summary: Minho doesn’t particularly like sleeping in. Jonghyun doesn’t share this sentiment.

 

 

 

Minho doesn’t particularly like sleeping in. He’s always been the kind of person to rise early – even after a night out – and he does so with a liveliness yet unmatched by any. This also means that he rises as soon as he wakes because really, where’s the point in just lying in bed all day when there’s so many things to do?

 

Jonghyun doesn’t share this sentiment. No, Jonghyun is more of the wake-me-and-I’ll-rip-your-balls-off guy, the one who sleeps until noon and still wades about like a zombie. Moreover, it is a well-known fact that Jonghyun is the resident cuddlebug of the two (actually, the resident cuddlebug of everyone in their immediate circle of friends), which isn’t surprising since he’s the self-proclaimed King of Skinship. With these facts combined, Jonghyun is like a snuggle-lock in the morning, latching himself onto whatever is within reach with a force equal to that of the Hulk.

 

Today is Sunday – the Lazy Day – so it’s only natural for Minho to wake up to this exact occurrence.

 

He’s on his back with his head resting a bit uncomfortably on his pillow, which has deflated quite a lot from years of use. A heavy weight rests on his left shoulder and most of his chest area but it feels warm and nice right where it is, so he lets it be and tightens his hold around it even though his brain hasn’t fully realized their connection yet. He notices that the lump is rising softly only to fall down again in a rhythmical, lulling manner under his palm and he really, really likes that.

 

Slowly, his brain lets go of the last threads of Mr. Sandman’s realm to once again grasp hold of the reality around him. He pries his eyes open only to shut them tight at the harsh and unforgiving light from the outside, though a few blinks helps him approach this intruder with a much more welcoming attitude. He stares up at the ceiling, closes, then opens his eyes a few times before his brain catches up with the situation and he looks to his left where a bundle of messy, silvery-white locks greets him.

 

Jonghyun is sleeping soundly at his side, still held prisoner by endless fantasies and childish desires of the dream world. He looks so incredibly peaceful like this, curled up to Minho with one arm over his chest, head comfortable on his shoulder, legs bent and tangled with Minho’s. His strong brows are not distorted with emotion as usual, but rather relaxed and his mouth has opened just a fraction to let puffs of air hit Minho’s chest repeatedly.

 

Minho breaks his scrutiny of Jonghyun briefly to glance over at the clock – it’s 10:37 PM – and he feels kind of bad because he has to wake Jonghyun if he wants to be freed from this human chain.

 

“Jonghyun-ah,” he tries, softly so as to not startle him. Jonghyun doesn’t move, neither does he the second nor the third time, despite Minho raising his voice for each attempt. He sighs because he knows what he’s about to do will not be appreciated by the other. Using his left hand, Minho squeezes some of the skin on Jonghyun’s side, not hard enough to hurt but enough to be at uncomfortable.

 

Jonghyun groans and tries to shift away from the naughty hand. It’s all futile since Minho, not particularly satisfied with the response, pinches him instead, making him whine pathetically and lift his head to squint for the source of his misery. Even through his bad eyesight and sleep-addled brain, he does a fairly quick job at locating it and Minho’s chest rumbles with a chuckle as it has Jonghyun groaning and burying his head in the junction of Minho’s chest and shoulder. He sighs heavily into the skin there, eliciting goose bumps all over Minho’s body.

 

When he doesn’t stir further, Minho nudges his shoulder with a soft, “yah, Jjong, you have to get up.”

 

Minho doesn’t doubt that the grumble that leaves Jonghyun is very pointedly disapproving.

 

“Jonghyun-ah, I can’t feel my arm; can you please get up,” he tries next.

 

“No,” is the hoarse, drawn-out syllable Jonghyun produces in response as he draws his arms up to link around Minho’s upper torso, nosing his strong chest. Minho sighs even though he should have no right to; no less is to be expected from The Human Koala, Kim Jonghyun.

 

Please, Jjong?”

 

No,” Jonghyun groans and tightens his hold on Minho for emphasis, clinging to him with his arms as well as his legs.

 

Time to take on a different approach, then.

 

“Jjong, don’t you have to use the toilet,” he murmurs hopefully to the barely-awake lump that still refuses to leave his embrace.

 

Jonghyun lifts his head with visible effort to dump his chin on Minho’s chest, trying to focus on him, letting out a questioning hum to Minho’s suggestion.

 

“Toilet, Jonghyun,” Minho deadpans. “The white porcelain bowl in the bathroom, the one you pee in?”

 

“Pee?” he croaks uncomprehendingly. He blinks his barely opened eyes a few times, scrunches his nose, then some more blinking as he tastes the word one more time. He his lips once, twice, and furrows his brows with his eyes still closed until finally,

 

“Pee.”

 

It turns out, Jonghyun rolls over with a little more vigor than intended because Minho can barely comprehend what’s happening before Jonghyun is nowhere in sight or reach and a loud thump from beneath the edge of the bed catches his attention. Mere moments later, Jonghyun pulls his body up in a sitting position and Minho’s about to ask him if he’s alright (that sound was very unsettling, okay) when Jonghyun shivers and mutters a quiet, “cold.”

 

Minho watches as he drags his body over to the armchair in the corner of the room – the on they use for discarding clothes late at night when they’re too exhausted to even think of putting it in the hamper – and pulls on a hoodie at least two sizes too big for him. Jonghyun then yanks himself up with a dramatic display of effort (even in his half-asleep state, he’s still such a drama queen) and leans on the wall for leverage. And that’s actually quite smart of him, Minho thinks (despite his claims that Jonghyun’s amount of IQ points only reach below 80), because Jonghyun uses the wall as guidance to find the door to the hallway so he doesn’t have to open his eyes to the cruelty of the morning’s glow. Minho finds himself unable to help the chuckle that leaves his lips when Jonghyun stumbles a bit over the threshold, though his grip on the doorframe prevents a fall from happening. All the while, Minho hasn’t moved in the slightest, but it doesn’t matter.

 

See, Minho doesn’t particularly like sleeping in. He’s always been the kind of person to rise early – even after a night out – and he does so with a liveliness yet unmatched by any. This also means that he rises as soon as he wakes but on these Sweet Sunday Mornings, he can’t really help but want to stay in a little longer and take the time to enjoy and appreciate the things he would’ve missed if he had gotten up earlier.

 

 

 

A/N: Oh my God, I'm finally back from Italy! It's been a while hasn't it? I'm sorry for not uploading sooner, because I kinda owed you this, but here it is.

Display - Key photo Display - Key_zpsirqud3r5.gif

 

This is just fresh out of the oven (well, kinda) so it's not proofread or anything, but I will get around to that, I promise I will. And I know, okay, I know the style in this is kinda different from the previous ones but it's.. idk. I just needed it, I guess.

It's been a weird night. I've been experiencing some conflicts with myself that I usually would've just burried away until they resurfaced again, like always. But then this annoying goat came along and had me talk about it and that was so... strange, really. I never talk about these things and there's still so much I haven't told, but it, it feels good. Like, it sincerely does feel good to have a friend genuinely interested in you and your problems and how you're feeling, so thank you, so infinitely much, thank you. You know who you are and I love you to death, I swear, everything you have done and do and hopefully will do, I appreciate it so much. I love you.

Back hug - 2min photo Back hug - 2min_zps70vkhgvz.gif

(Because 2min, okay, 2min (Jinki, what are you doing there, you're not a penguin o.o))

 

Okay, phew. 

So, I also got a lot of new subsribers during my vacation so that's awesome. HI EVERYBODY, I'm just a lost soul trying to find salvation in these five amazing boys (preferably my Jjong bby, but I love them all to pieces).

Hai - Jonghyun 1 photo Hai - Jonghyun 1_zpsnujruwih.gif

Thank you for sticking with me, I'll try to update mor efrequently too because I have so many ideas for this but sadly I lack the time to fulfill them v.v

 

 

 

 

Latest edit: July 25th, 2016