Infinite

Regardless of Height

Title: Infinite

Rating: PG-13

Word count: 734

Summary: Because Jonghyun’s moods seem to affect Minho more deeply than he thinks.

 

 

 

In all honesty, Minho thinks there are many sides to Kim Jonghyun.

 

Firstly, there is the incessantly energetic and, at times, much too enthusiastic Kim Jonghyun, his charismatic, social, and eventful character that is the more common of them all, one that only fuels from whatever form of the more, the merrier. He’s vibrant, he’s bouncing, and he’s contagious, infecting everyone around him with an vigor that is even more intoxicating than any high.

 

Next is the temperamental Jonghyun. Now this one is probably one of Minho’s favorites. He’s easily provoked and even more easily riled up, though Minho knows that only the quirk of an eyebrow would make his angry façade crack up and burst, and even if Jonghyun will only end up more frustrated and upset with him, Minho just cannot help himself.

 

Then, of course, there’s the adorable, squishy little Jjongie, the one Minho prefers with a much-too-large hoodie and sleep-ruffled hair, wide puppy eyes blinking up at him in confusion because his brain never works that well in the early mornings. He’s also to be found during the day, though the sight is even rarer and thus, much more heartwarming.

 

But, there’s also a completely different side to Jonghyun. This one is so entirely hidden and locked away from the world, it is solely released when Jonghyun feels altogether confident in the shelter and serenity his surroundings provide. Here, he will curl into himself and allow all the thoughts he spend so effort repressing to take over and consume his mind, fill it with a whirlwind of emotion, everything ranging from fear and agitation to hope and assertion to insecurities and to philosophizing. Sometimes, he will stay like that for hours on end, letting the turmoil churn the intricate mechanism that is his mind, and Minho thinks it can’t be too healthy.

 

He’s doing it now. Minho can tell, from the way his legs are drawn close to his chest on the windowsill, arms wound tightly around them and chin resting on his knees, eyes trying to mask all the conflict swirling in his mind by locking adamantly on the raindrops making their way down the glass. He chews on his bottom lip occasionally, something Minho always recognizes as hesitance or self-reprimand, his gaze turning too unfocused for a moment.

 

Minho can’t take it anymore. Quietly, he heaves himself up from his seat in the sofa and makes his way over, pulling the head of the unsuspecting Jonghyun to his chest to shield him from everything – even though he knows he will never quite reach the internal struggle.

 

“Hey,” he says, “do you want your notebook?” because he knows that has proven the perfect remedy for Jonghyun’s sullen, philosophical moods. That is, the few times he’s actually accepted this kind of outlet.

 

Jonghyun shakes his head against Minho’s chest and they stay like that for a while, the way their chests rise and fall in-sync and the sound of rain slashing their window being the only dynamics in the room.

 

“Minho,” Jonghyun says, breaking the spell, and Minho gulps because he’s not quite sure if he’s ready for whatever Jonghyun is going to say.

 

“Yeah?”

 

Jonghyun’s question is not instantaneous. “How do we know something will last forever?”

 

Minho blinks a couple of times, then his lips. “I think… I think it’s not about lasting forever. I think that rather than striving for the promise of eternity, we should be striving for the infinity of the moment. Like-like, remember your eighteenth birthday? You may not have everything and everyone from that day with you right now, but the feeling of complete exhilaration and of ecstasy, I’m sure you remember it so vividly that even your body tingles from the sensation. That, I think, is how you know something is infinite.”

 

Jonghyun doesn’t answer for the next minute or two while Minho resists the urge to run his hand through his hair, keeping both hands securely on Jonghyun’s shoulder. Then, jolting Minho from his unexpected stupor, Jonghyun speaks. “Minho?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Jonghyun shifts, fitting himself more comfortably against Minho’s chest. “I feel like we’re infinite.”

 

Minho rests his cheek on top of Jonghyun’s mess of white hair, breathing the scent of coconut and oranges in deeply. “Yeah, I know,” Minho mutters and he thinks that there is never a time he feels more complete than when he’s with Jonghyun like this. 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys, I'm back~

photo Surprise - Onew_zps0ky5mut2.gif

Didn't you miss me? Anyone? No? Oh okay then ㅠㅠ

 

Anyway, yay, update, that's something I guess ^-^ I'm sorry it's been a while and I haven't edited the last few chapters (I swear I'll get it done this weekend okay) but I went to camp and school just started up again, so that's gonna put a delay on things. Especially since I've been working on this other long af project on the side so I'm gonna be dedicating most of my writing time to that. But I felt bad for leaving this here so I thought, hey, why not just do a drabble, it won't hurt anyone, but, well, since the project is pretty angsty, it obviously affected my general writing so this turned out sadder than I wanted it to OTL I'M SORRY ㅠ I will make up for it soon, I swear.

Sorry - Onew photo Sorry - Onew_zps3t1dookv.gif

Also this is horrible in general but then again, everything I write is so, yeah. There's that

photo About it - Onew_zpskrpcnyru.gif

(Yes I like Jinki okay he's magnificent)

 

Anyway, so that's it for me today, finally free of guilt for now

I'm off - Onew photo Im off - Onew_zpswicemui5.gif

 

(P.S. Comments, subscribers and upvotes are the fuel to my fire)