Dance with Me, Baby

Regardless of Height

Title: Dance with Me, Baby

Rating: PG-13

Word count: 736

Summary: This. (Or, alternatively: Who ever suggested they go to a party?)

 

 

 

Minho doesn’t even know how it got to this. Sure, drunk people tend to get more than a few nonsensical ideas and, well, okay, so they’ve been drinking for a while now, but they’ve never gotten to this point before. Though Minho knows that he usually loses a minor part (a major part) of his rationality while intoxicated and though he knows Jonghyun becomes even more of an emotionally unstable, attention-seeking teenage girl (if that’s even possible), this is all-but absurd.

 

Jonghyun has become very clingy. Now, that’s actually not so unusual, in fact, it is only logical considering his sober nature – only Kibum is customarily the one to fall victim to his demands.

 

Tonight, though, tonight is different. Tonight, Jonghyun’s aimed for Minho’s attention and he’s been keeping a keen eye on his boyfriends ever since he’d halfway downed his second bottle of beer (Jonghyun is exceptionally bad at holding his liquor – even for a light-weight). Jonghyun has been hanging off his arm constantly, pasting himself like a sticker to Minho’s side, showering him in sloppy kisses and borderline-inappropriate touches. When Minho finally has time for a quick breather, Jonghyun practically stalks him around Jinki’s house, like a predator trailing its pray. It’s become kind of alarming, really.

 

And then at one point, Minho snaps. He loses it, raising his voice, not quite shouting, but loud enough to turn a few heads, and he spews fire at Jonghyun (he tells himself it’s only because of the alcohol, he really isn’t a temperamental person). By all means, Jonghyun starts crying, loud and obnoxious in the middle of the kitchen, and if Minho didn’t catch everyone’s attention himself, Jonghyun sure did. He’s sobbing audibly and vigorously, one hand covering his mouth while his head bobs violently with each heave, almost to the point of it seeming theatrical. But it’s not, Minho knows it, and he’s panicking so hard because if there’s one thing he can’t handle, it’s a crying Jonghyun.

 

“Hey, hey, shh, baby, I didn’t mean it,” Minho tries, taking an instinctual step closer to cup the sides of Jonghyun’s neck in his palms.

 

Jonghyun rubs harshly at his eyes, body shivering from emotion. “I-I-I just w-wanted to be by your s-side,” he hiccups, continuing in an equally messy manner, “why are you-why are you so mean t-to me?”

 

“I’m sorry, Jjong, please,” he pulls the shorter man closer to himself, “what can I do to make it better? Say something and I’ll make it better,” Minho offers with what he knows is his most effectively disarming smile.

 

Jonghyun sniffles once, rubbing his left eye one more time. “Can you dance with me?”

 

Minho’s brain blanches. “I, what?”

 

“Dance,” Jonghyun demands cutely.

 

And here’s the thing; Minho doesn’t dance. Sure, he did once, back in high school, but that’s way past him now and he strongly believes that a cow in roller-skates dressed in a multicolored tutu skirt would be more graceful than him dancing (and then there’s the fact that Taemin works those hips in a way that should be illegal and Minho can be a very jealous person, but he won’t admit to that). So it’s really no surprise when his only response is, “no, Jjong, you know I don’t do dancing.”

 

But then Jonghyun tilts his head and looks up at him with those damn big, pleading eyes of his, two rounded seas of pure chocolate reflecting him from beneath black lashes, both rimmed by reddened skin and the entirety of his expressions spells everything that comprises hope. Minho thinks he’s never been so wholly overpowered by something so small and helpless. He doesn’t even have the heart to sigh as he nods, letting a cheered Jonghyun pull him to the living room-turned-dance floor.

 

They start slowly, moving back and forth, swaying with the rhythm, but as the playlist progresses, the beats of the songs increase and so does their movements. Before Minho knows what’s hit him, he’s leading Jonghyun out from his body, both lifting their opposing arms high in the air. Then Minho hauls him back in, Jonghyun doing a quick pirouette on his way before Minho catches him by the hands, using the momentum to lean their bodies to the left, each lifting a leg in a supposed-to-be graceful manner and Minho has a brief though on how stupid they must look.

 

Then Jonghyun laughs and Minho really can’t bother.

 

 

 

A/N: HI GUYS I'M BACK!

photo Hai - Jonghyun 2_zpsz8mzlmcy.gif

Omg, it feels like an eternity since I last uploaded bc school and life and stuff happened. Yeah. My life just kinda took a hold of me and left me no room for freedom and I need my freedom okay I do, it's so stressful x.x I missed this so much

photo Cry - Minho_zpsx7pbiyrb.gif

 

So anyway, this wasn't my first intention while writing but it's okay I guess. Blame Emma, it's her fault e.e it is Emma IT IS x.x and okay, partly, maybe, kinda majorly Jjong's fault too bc this

photo tumblr_oce1vuPOH71utd3smo3_540_zpsyew9gd69.gif

OMFG GUYS WHAT IS HE DOING HOW COULD HE WHAT IS LIFE EVEN

I can't live without this man, I swear, I'm gonna show symptoms of withdrawal soon, I am not even joking.

 

Also I wanted to write an epilogue but meh, getting late and I'm actually the only teenager on this earth who goes to bed at a decent time so it's late for me.

 

Yes, so that's it for now and I am getting out of here

Wave - Key 1 photo Wave - Key 1_zpsxqaokl0s.gif